So I made my first TLP toon on Oakwynd...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cicelee, May 25, 2023.

1. Vetis Elder

I'm not a math guy.. But let me see if I can explain. Lets say you are solo. You kill a mob and you get 2% experience.

Then you group with 5 other people and you kill a mob and you get 1.68%.

The exp modifier per person is being applied but all exp is shared among each player. Without the exp modifier (again i'm not doing actual math just making up numbers) it would be like .86% per mob.

The big difference here however, is the rate at which you are killing mobs. If you are solo you are killing at 16.6% the efficiency of a full group.

So, if you're grouped with 5 other people. The rate at which mobs are dying is increased by 83%ish.

In conclusion, although the experience is "less" with 5 other people, the rate at which mobs die is several times that of when you are soloing. Hence it is several times faster experience in a group.

For experience, always group.

For gear, if you can, always solo. Then you get 100% of all drops.
  2. Zinkeh Augur

I think this was asked before and it wasn't. I think it was spelled Cicely as well :) woo Lanys!
    Ballzz likes this.
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Why wouldn't Oakwynd be around come Christmas?
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

Yep.

The mob's total XP value before the divide is higher because of the bonus. You won't see the gain straight away, but overtime if you plot it on a graph it would be visible. You also have to take into account your group's kill speed too because an optimized group is going to better utilize the bonus.
  5. Cicelee Augur

The question that was asked before to my recollection is if Cicelee = Leerah. Which is incorrect. To my knowledge, no one has ever asked me if I am the Cicelee from Lanys until this thread.

As far as Cicely from Lanys goes.... I miss TSO.
    Ballzz likes this.
  6. Zinkeh Augur

Still pretending to be a high school cheerleader ? Lol those were the days. I was stationed with like 4 TSO members while in the Air Force :)
  7. Cicelee Augur

Wow you remember that? Yes back in the day I thought this was a role playing game so I wanted to role play a personality. Ex girlfriend fit the bill LOL.

But no, nowadays it is just a game. I think the role playing aspect died many many many years ago.
    Ballzz likes this.
  8. Herf Augur

Nope. Only if your kill ratio is higher witht the larger group. If you're faced with a group of 2-3 lvl' 55+ and well geared 65, then you may want to drop one of the lesser geared boxes to increase XP for the remaining, using the 65 to beat the stuffing out of mobs. If you swap in a less well geared, less AAd guy for the 65, your XP will be less.

The above commentary applies primarily to trying to PL lower levels or lvl'ing boxes. It's better to have a smaller group with one badass than a larger group with all non badasses.

If you're trying lvl a bunch of mediocre boxes, don't try to lvl them all at once in a 4-6 box environment. Lvl each one in a group of 3 with good toons.
  9. Ballzz Journeyman

Ahh so you are from Lanys? Nice. I did recognize the name even if spelled differently. I also remember TSO but as the former GL of Vita Infinita I can't say I *miss* TSO but I do miss the old Lanys days. We sure had a lot of fun. ;)
  10. Bailen Augur

RP was dead even on the RP server, pretty much, when I started during PoP. Everyone was there for the special ruleset. I remember when I was a couple weeks in and came across a necro killing druid NPCs, I dropped a little heal on one of the Druids because it seemed like what a good guy Ranger would do. He was so angry for that. Live and learn. LOL.
  11. Crashdummy Elder

Did start a few characters in pairs on Oakwynd, one of which would have heals, just to see how things would play. Well, yellows are doable but need med time, FTE seemed not a real problem, as some times I tagged before or after some one else. So really there does not appear to be any problems for me with the server, and have gone back to working on my mains, as I spent a year on Vaniki. There is something that is worth mentioning in 3 or 4 years when all of the listed bonuses are active, expect bonus XP, Bonus AA, Higher Rare mob spawn, faster repops for all NPC, faster factioning, faster skillups, whatever things are like now, once Oakwynd becomes a mature server it could be the place to play- of course, it could also remain All Access to play on it- the price of bonuses.
  12. Vetis Elder

This conversation is about Oakwynd, where the cap is 50 with 0 aa's, hence the name of the post referencing him making a character on Oakwynd..

Your rebuttal is akin to me just being like "On live servers you don't group for exp! You should do missions to level up!!"

So... yeah.
  13. coltongrundy Augur

lol why?
  14. TacoTime! Journeyman

The "feel" is because you actually have the reported number for better or worse.
    Rijacki likes this.