Camp etiquette

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tempfix12, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Tempfix12 New Member

General question for the community,

You want a particular item, it's camped in every pick, when is it acceptable to contest the camp?
  2. Moforyguy12345 Augur

As soon as your Necro is high enough level. Like Jefe from the three amigos says. "When you want something,why don't you just taaaake it"
    Bailen likes this.
  3. KobalWR Lorekeeper

Depends who is camping it to be honest. If you're after a melee or priest item and it's camped by a team of mages, I don't mind to contest the camp.
    If it's a full group doing XP at the same time or someone that might use the item, I won't bother them.
    It's quite easy to know if a mob is camped by krono farmers or people that are actually playing the game.
  4. KobalWR Lorekeeper

5. Muramx Augur

Well, some camps have grey areas like Splitpaw where 3way and beach can meet if both are killing at a steady pace. The places they meet are free for all. But as far as contesting a specifically c spawn. The only 2 senarios I will push someone out is 1) a boxer that has been sitting in a camp for 24+ hours for like GEBs or something trying to corner the market and inflation the item to get Krono or 2) like the mage group in everfrost that broke into groups and is AFK farming the Ice Giants for days now.
  6. Vlahkmaak Augur

I generally send a tell and ask how much longer they plan to stay so I can decide if I should just get a cup[ of coffee and wait it out or move on. On pre FTE servers I would ask if they mind if I shoot arrows/low lvl nukes to gain faction off their kills (I generally play Trolls so need tons of orc kills/scalps to get FP faction up). In some places I will ignore people "claiming camps" such as Island if Undead - people will sometimes try to assert the whole island is theirs. I have no problem setting up and pulling a few skellies/golems in those cases because it is unreasonable to expect an entire island to oneself - although it is easy enough to clear the entire island as a 2 box war/sha. I generally avoid high ticket item camps as I am not a seller. I am generally more interested in faction grinds, TSing, and occasional lewts. I'll join a non-hardcore raid guild for gear before fighting over open world camps.

All that being said - there are no such thing as camps. Camps are player-player 'gentleman's' agreements on how the digital world should work. Playing nice will generally get you far but there are a few block heads out there that will do whatever they want so be prepared to push back as needed.
    KobalWR, Yinla and Muramx like this.
  7. Kraked Augur

It is really situationally in my opinion.

If that is the only target I need, I will contest it regardless because otherwise I am wasting my time sitting around. I would rather get it and log for the next 2 weeks, then continually fight a time sink.

If I require multiple targets / drops, I will look for an open one before deciding to just contest people.

It also depends if I know the people at the location/NPC.
  8. Roxas MM Augur

your answer tells a lot about the person you are.
  9. Bailen Augur

It is the natural order of things for the strong to dominate the weak.
  10. Moforyguy12345 Augur

It's funny cuz I actually play differently based on the Class. When I am anything but a Necro I am very helpful but once I become a Necro the evil selfish ways take over
    Wulfhere likes this.
  11. Doze Augur

How dare you engage in even the slightest of roleplaying in an RPG?!?!
    Moraeulf likes this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

To answer the OP, I have respected camps. If someone is there, I move somewhere else. If I really wanted what is there, I communicate with whomever is there to see how much longer they are there and make a decision then.

I will say the only time I would ever contest a camp is if I was in a scenario such as I am a melee looking for a FBSS and I go to 10 picks and every pick has a 6 mage/necro team at that camp with the guild name >WTS KRONO> for all 60 members. At that point I would probably muscle my way in, but the odds of that happening are 1 in 178,893,762,056,182,634,874,922