So what do you do once you hit 50?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sociabear, May 27, 2023.

1. Sociabear New Member

One thing I can't find as a new to EQ player. What do I do once i actually complete the journey?
  2. code-zero Augur

That's not the journey, in fact from my experience thinking that hitting <max level> is the ultimate motivation of the bot crowd.

Make an alt, level them up, do the /ach stuff. Work on your tradeskills. There's no glory in piddling along "doing it the way (you pretend) Brad intended it"

I appreciate that some people like recycling and plan all year for the 1 or 4 or 6 months they'll play and those people are all terribly excited to get dibs on "their" name but that's not the only way to play
    Fluid likes this.
  3. Doze Augur

Lvl50 is not where the journey ends - it is where the journey for BiS rare, quest and raid gear begins.

Although you can technically join raids before lvl50 then you going to need lvl50 to be any real use (especially in PoSky and vs Vox, Nagafen, Innoruuk and Cazic Thule).

If you are one of the classes for which the raid class gear drops from Plane of Hate then you can start grouping for that already at lvl46, but unless the zone in for Plane of Fear have already been cleared (and you are hunting for stragglers and respawns) then you will need a raid force (or a group that is very experienced in PoFear) to get the class gear from that place (aggro and assist range of mobs in PoFear is HUGE).
  4. Lawyer Augur

You spend all day harvesting krono in Rathe Mountains, of course.
  5. Voraxia Journeyman

Most are Krono junkies.
  6. code-zero Augur

This is so funny, on my main play server the OOC spam is from people offering from 4.3 to 5 million plat per Krono. What makes it funny is harvesting would imply that there were giants dropping Krono when you kill them. Obviously people are doing whatever they can to get Krono to sell on Oakwynd as a month before Oakwynd opened the Krono buyers were only paying 3.2 ~ 3.3 million per Krono. I suspect it's been similar on the other regular servers too
  7. Labzeh Lorekeeper

- make friends
    - Go adventuring (get items, see end game zones, kill dragons)
    - tradeskill
    - seek revenge on npcs that killed you along the way

The journey doesn't end until the TLP hits live.
    Fallfyres, Appren, code-zero and 2 others like this.
  8. code-zero Augur

Thinking that you have completed the journey when you get to 50 on a single character on a fresh TLP is sort of like going on vacation to Las Vegas, watching the fountain at the Bellagio for 15 minutes, and proclaiming that you're "bored"
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Moforyguy12345 Augur

This is when you start Raid/logging. Its very boring and you have to wait till Kunark releases. Then you gain 10 levels in 2 weeks and raid/log till Velious.
    Lineater likes this.
  10. Rothj Augur

You hit 50, get your prebis or something decent, then you quit till next expansion.
  11. Mithra Augur

Basically nothing to do in Velious either, continue the raidlogging.
  12. Doze Augur

Nonsense.

There are a lot of quests in Velious for all classes which requires tradeskills, extensive camping and/or faction work - as well as many rare nameds - with unique items that either match or surpass loot (even that from raids) from Classic and Kunark ... and some of them even remain usefull far beyond Velious.

And even if none of that interests you (why are you even playing EQ?) then it is a good time to level up some alts.
    Fallfyres and code-zero like this.
  13. Burdi Augur

You can level begging fishing and trade skills.
  14. Lejaun Augur

Here is what I do:

-I make alt characters
    -I work on camping gear I want
    -I level up my tradeskills
    -I help out lower level players with buffs and or gear
    -I start chasing down achievements
    -I grind slayer bonuses
    -I raid
    -I socialize
    -I buy/trade gear
    -I start working on epic pieces I can do
    -I help guildmates

And so on. It’s up to you what you want in the game. It’s a gigantic sandbox to explore.
    Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  15. Overcast451 Augur

Man.. the "I'm bored" types. For the love of God... if they are bored, do something else!!!!!

I had a friend who had all sorts of things he could be doing in life. So he'd login to the game, grind and complain about 'being bored'. He was super adamant about leveling quickly too, even when we played D&D back in the day.

All the same somehow - he felt the need to HURRY UP AS FAST AS POSSIBLE..
    to...

Be bored. o_Oo_O:confused::p

Like I was supposed to somehow entertain him??
    This is why I don't play games with him anymore, lol. That honestly got really, really annoying.

So if one mega-rushed to max whatever out and wound up bored at the end. Well... one should maybe re-consider how and why they play the game? Just a friendly suggestion is all. I'm REALLY not dissing anyone, just sometimes it's wise to step back and take a look at why we do the things we do :)

I'm not bored BTW. I'm just wasting work time now waiting to play and hit level 20 this evening - maybe. Either way, I won't be bored!
    Koshk, code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  16. Muramx Augur

Raid log basically. The gear is unimportant, don't buy all the trash people trying to sell at stupid prices. I will log in do some TS or farm for mats but then log when that gets boring. It will probably be late or that til PoP when people are sticking around a little longer then normal.

When I am not on I go back to my live server and do stuff. A lot of people you will find on TLPs do the TLP thing while also playing on another server.
  17. Vlahkmaak Augur

Is all your faction ally? Faction grind every city/faction in game for fun. TS all trades. Raid. Complete all quests in game. Getting to 60 is not the end of the journey. It is only one part of the journey.
  18. Obliteration Elder

Roll another character and play/group/solo to 50, the ride is the game in classic
    Joliet likes this.
  19. Xhartor Augur

Start working on 350 trade skills. It takes around 4 years for EoK to unlock, if start activily learning all the recipes on Oakwood now, you MIGHT have that completed before EoK unlocks.
  20. Fluid Augur

I like to play "The Long Game." Things that are invaluable in the early game become valuble in later expansions. Things that are worthless in the early game become priceless in later expansions.

For instance, I do spider silk in early expansions and Stein of Moggok quest for pp. By PoP the market is dried up. Things that are crazy good for later expansions like Plains Pebbles are crazy good later.

The drops from MoBs are time sensitive. For instance many zones and MoBs are only active during early expansions but their drops, Runes, Words, et cetera, have utility added to them later. I'm a bit reluctant to say just what they are, beyond the Plain Pebbles mentioned, because the management has a tendency to squash anything other then killing MoBs if it is fun or profitable.

My characters on TLPs are tailored<sic> to who ends up the best for a job i.e. starting location and diety. It even goes to where they level and their skill sets. Soon as you hit 50 on a TLP, you should start looking at the next couple of expansions for what you will need. For instance, lot's of Saltpeter on vendors during original because people are hunting Lavastorm. The zone is deserted in later expansions so if you intend on doing Research, buy up now. Probably a dozen things like that in the first installments you need to bank.
    Captain Video likes this.