Oakwynd - First TLP to dip to medium population within first week of launch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 31, 2023.

1. Magician9001 Augur

Just take the L boys
  2. Doze Augur

No no, that's all yours .. or will be when reality catches up with you.
  3. Mashef Augur

Tomorrow and 6/6 are the test. Medium/low guaranteed next 2 weekends. DOA as predicted.
  4. Obliteration Elder

Server has lots of people playing and levelling up, it's been a ton of fun for myself and many, many other people/players.

FTE is pretty good too
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Kaysin New Member

Oh No! Less box armies and anti socials playing on the server making the population dip below high! What ever shall we do! Good.

As a filthy casual maining a solo shammy, i have no problem finding groups at any time of day, so must be a dead server. I run into a lot of people like me, with jobs, families and lives outside this game, but its nice to dip back in and have 8 weeks to max out without the pressure of doing it in 2-5 days and again, running into a lot of similar minds. Seems the people complaining have nothing else to do cause they went and rushed it, or they box the entire group themselves and forget that a huge aspect of this game is socializing. Just gotta make the attempt rather than "dead server lul"
    Rijacki and Overcast451 like this.
  6. Arclyte Augur

what a shock

it's almost as if the sky isn't falling
    Skuz and Overcast451 like this.
  7. Ograk New Member

Way less people than when I leveled on Aradune, so getting unrest camp was easy to get and I was not constantly hassled by people wanting to join.
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

I don't know how to respond to this without breaking some sort of forum rule.

Wade literally posted statistics that contradicted his own forum post (as per normal) and went silent because of it. And, here you are spewing the same nonsensical information without any proof to back it up.

I'm done here.
  9. code-zero Augur

Okay it's tomorrow, 12:00 EDT ~ 9:00 PDT and Oakwynd is at HIGH population
    TacoTime! likes this.
  10. wade_watts Augur

There is no way it is going to be low. It's a new TLP. It's just absolutely mind boggling that it couldn't maintain high for even 1 week.
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

What's 'mind boggling' is how you come to these ridiculous conclusions.

According to where you are pulling your data, it's been high 99.4% of the time. There isn't a single online resource that has 100% up time.

(Take note of grey text)
    - https://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Oakwynd&range=1w
    [IMG]

Yesterday for 1hr @ 5AM EST there was clearly a blip in EQResource's API call.
    TacoTime! likes this.
  12. wade_watts Augur

This is just strange coping. It got a response, the response was medium. Why are you pretending that it was an API error?
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

Stop grasping at invisible straws. You're wrong and your own data source proves it.

By your logic we should see the same behavior Tuesday @ 5AM EST and Thursday (today) @ 5AM EST. And, it's maintained high population both days, has it not? Therefore we can easily conclude that the blip was on the EQResource call.

The server has maintained a high population.
  14. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Dude, you don’t have to admit you are wrong here in the open. Just silently admit to yourself you are wrong and move on.

Watching you get spanked here so badly has me feeling embarrassed for you.
  15. wade_watts Augur

You guys have invested a lot of your identity into this server being a success. When you can't see objective data and deny it exists. Lol - big oof.
  16. Cicelee Augur

So if medium population is 1500 online and high population is 2000 online, and previous TLP servers had 3500 players online (1900 kind, respectful players and 1600 toxic players looking to KS, train, etc)... and now Oakwynd population has dipped to medium population of 1950 players (1900 kind, respectful players and 50 toxic players looking to KS, train, etc)....

I think that is a pretty nice and successful server for the 1900 who could care less about population levels and just want to have fun w/o toxicity.
  17. Bullsnooze Augur

Me too, but apparently basic math, statistics, and disclaimers are ignored by people that didn't get a second randomized loot server.They'd rather spend their days sliding down a slippery slope.

It's evident Oakwynd's success actually drives him nuts.
  18. Kraked Augur

People whining, people complaining, sounds about normal.

The people calling this successful are likely still in Unrest and UGuk and have not even stepped outside the casuals pace, which is why they like it and believe it to be successful in population.

The people calling it DOA are likely already 50 and A) are already leveling a 2nd toon or B) sitting in those uncontested zones farming because those are the true zones that really matter to many of the hardcore crowd.
    Doze likes this.
  19. Muramx Augur

I haven't seen the dip during "normal hours" but I have seen it during the off hours. I still see a good amount of groups throughout the day but when it gets later or early morning it's very noticable. At 2am est I could put up LFG and get 3 group offers in mins now I am running to different zones, putting it in multiple channels etc and it takes forever. Seems my guildies that hit 50 are on maybe 25% of what they were. They pop in when someone asks if they want a specific camp in discord or maybe to do some TS, the guys around 35 and below are saying the same thing, hard to get a group going and keep it going. Seems like people are raid logging or Krono farming already.
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Honestly, the day to day population of a server with a ruleset that seemingly caters more to a casual playstyle doesn't matter as much as its population over time. Casual also means that players might not be taking the game as a second job but also doing other things in life, too. A long term medium population (long term being past the "PoP" stage) is probably healthier for the community aspects than a sustained High for several weeks because it means players are putting down roots rather than just playing with the new shiny.

Oakwynd is attracting a lot more the recyclers. In our guild we have had many players who are returning to EQ from a LONG absence, starting to play EQ for the very first time, and even a chunk of players who have been playing on P99 looking for a new permanent home and looking forward to progressing with the evolving ruleset.