Oakwynd - First TLP to dip to medium population within first week of launch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 31, 2023.

1. Krupert New Member

Congratulations on saying touch grass, you really got him!
    Familycat23 and wade_watts like this.
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

Zrender likes this.
  3. wade_watts Augur

Wonder why people are freaking out over some objective information about this server being the first of all time to not be able to carry a population to sustain a "high" rating within the first week. Don't get mad at me, I just report the news - I don't make it.
    Doze, Familycat23 and Klokk like this.
  4. wade_watts Augur

5. Bullsnooze Augur

" Server History shouldn't be considered 100% accurate. There are many factors that can skew the numbers, including but not limited to: Daybreak Games API not responding, EQ servers not reporting population in a timely fashion, and network lag. "

I think I'll continue to copy and paste the official status page. I don't want any excuses from you regarding the data presented.

Let's not forget your original rhertric,

Skuz and Zrender like this.
  6. Warlock003 New Member

As someone who has played on all the TLPs besides ragefire and lockjaw, I conform Oakwynd is very much alive and populated. FTE isn't nearly as bad as I expected. There's a few bugs that still need fixing but all in all the server has a ton of players. My only wish was they increased the bonus xp for alts to something more significant. At this time the 10% boost per level 50 on my account isn't enough to make me really want to roll an alt. I wish they did something along the 25% bonus.
    Skuz and Zrender like this.
  7. Klokk Journeyman

This server has alot of challenges.

1.) FTE - like, hate, indifferent...its divided the community. We all lose for that. Its particulatly frustrating because no one asked for it. The devs just did it.

2.) 2nd year of no hype TLP. Mischief had crazy threads of hype and what ifs. Sister server cause community told DBG the server would explode without it. Phinny with AOCs right after rage fire and lockjaw, huge pop then. Selo and mangler, 2 wildly different servers both with success. This server was just bickering, disapointment and bugs.

3.) Diablo 4 tomorrow...think theres litterally a guild <Waiting IV Diablo>

4.) Apparently xp is bad? Idk why there is any reason to believe its not standard. Like protocol pointed out. Its not like corinav where they said theres a negitive mod. All the same, many are saying it.

5.) Kunark. This one is not now but perhaps later. At the moment FTE is probly helping xp and no bad is noticed with faster respawns (1-20 zones generally fast) and in zones less contested. Soon as kunark hits and the whole server is in two lvling zones with high pick countsits going to begin showing its change. In addition epic and VP key spawns will be toxic.
    Familycat23 likes this.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

I can't believe people still respond to wade
    Zrender likes this.
  9. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

TLP players are so spoiled by the overwhelming success of Phinny, Mangler, and Mischief that anything that isn't as good as them is "dead", regardless of its actual health. Its really sad to see.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. PandAura New Member

Oakwynd has been great. Right now I'm able to solo kill hill giants in Rathe at lvl 36. On every other TLP I've played, this was impossible so early into the server due to bot armies stealing every single kill. The one bug I've encountered is when you put your pet on guard, your chat gets spammed with a FTE message (this can be avoided by moving the message to a separate chat window and hiding it). That's it, otherwise it is a million times better than bot armies doing whatever they want and nothing you can do about it.

The only downside to the server was the vocal minority's vitriolic whining that, undoubtedly, deterred some people from playing. Despite all that, server is doing great. Whether it lasts in the long term, who knows, but if it doesn't (like every TLP but Mischief) it will have nothing to do with FTE.
    Rijacki, Leifer and Zrender like this.
  11. Klokk Journeyman

I didnt say the server is dead. Think about what you just said. The fact oakwynd is not as successful as previous servers stands to reason as not every server will be a hit; however, positioning this server as if there are not concerns is not ideal for the long term health of the game.

To be clear anything less than wildly successful this early is major cause for concern as is OPs point. This server just has alot of challenges but is def in a honeymoon right now is all.
    Kraked likes this.
  12. Klokk Journeyman

But it does have to do with FTE. This is your point in your second paragraph.

Tbh i would be c9ncerned if youre unc9ntested in rathe mountains of all places lol
  13. DontBanMeBro1 New Member

He is uncontested in rathe mountains because of FTE rule set not because of low population
    Rijacki, Leifer and Zrender like this.
  14. PandAura New Member

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit obviously. The HGs are very contested, multiple bot armies running around, tons of solo people, just like always. The difference is, FTE makes it so when I engage an HG, some 6 botting mage can't come and steal the kill. I get to solo here BECAUSE OF FTE.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Klokk Journeyman

I suppose what im getting at is if you just aways have a HG available to tag that must mean not many are at the hill or those that are at the hill are real bad. Lol. Sure your solo tagged HG is yours if you win but RM is generally a complete circus right now as like every 4-10 HG is a krono
  16. PandAura New Member

Ya you definitely don't know how to read. I never said I always have an HG to tag, that's your own interpretation. Krono is at 1150 ish currently, so you also don't know how to do math. Keep hating on FTE though without any actual knowledge or understanding of how its working out.
  17. Klokk Journeyman

Omg the reading comprehension burn. Do you know how many people would be forum banned if this burn was worth of the label personal attack? Lol

I mean gratz on being on a server where HGs are readily available though. I dont mean that as a diss, sounds rad af. Just saying that population is not normal as is the OPs point of this thread.
    Familycat23 likes this.
  18. Klokk Journeyman

Krono climbing fast! Nah its normally like 250. If you dont always have one to tag is it different than racing for HGs? Sure you can have your mob but what your describing also sounds like you dont always get to have your mob so sometimes you just run around looking for one?
  19. Doze Augur

What you consider a good thing is what I consider a bad thing.
    Having even less fear for your life in a game like EQ is a really really bad thing. It is one of the core of what makes EQ.
    Less risk and danger = less fun and sense of acievement.

This is actually the one single thing with FTE that I actually like and approve of.

Oh but they can. DO you really think that the 3rd party software that was able to engage mobs before they were visible without the FTE system in place won't be able to equally be first to grab the engage as soon as they register that the lock has been lifted?

Also, wizards can spam click their Staff of Temperate Flux to get the tag before anyone else most of the time if they should so desire - and any class with a pet is able to do the same with Pet Attack ...
    So essentially all the same classes that was able to KS before are still able to TS (Tag Steal) with FTE in place.

But I guess you'll have to experience that a few times firsthand yourself before the reality of the FTE mechanics starts sinking in.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

This thread has no point, but to create false controversy.

The server has been up for roughly 167hrs and for 1 of those hours (.6% of the up time) the population dipped to 'medium' via a 3rd party site in which the OP is retrieving their data. Most importantly the 3rd party site even states the data isn't 100% accurate as 'many' events could skew the (already) small sample.
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.