Oakwynd may have Finally done me in.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shaidin, May 28, 2023.

1. Voraxia Journeyman

Every single year hasnt had diablo 4, so I dono.
  2. Herf Augur

Join ussssss in Agnarr. We enjoy ourselves :)
  3. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

This is not a bad idea.
    Herf likes this.
  4. Doze Augur

If you guys think that the Diablo IV launch will be any smoother then here is a flashback to the Diablo 3 launch ...
    wade_watts and Herf like this.
  5. Burdi Augur

Enjoy your time doing something else.
  6. Voraxia Journeyman

Well there is only 2 more days, not including today so I will let you know. If I get right in with no problems, I guess we can say for sure day break has issues. I mean I don't even know how many TLP's they launched, but its been quite a few. Not to mention they aren't even launching a new game, just a rehashed server, so it would be more comparable with a expansion update not a new game launch. We shall see in 2 days.
  7. Aiona Augur

Came to say this but it was already said.

This server rocks and I couldn't give two shakes if any one disagrees with me. :)
    Doranur_Aleguzzler and Rijacki like this.
  8. sadre Augur

Great opening line for a country song about divorce.

Enjoy your time doing something else
    I'll just be here alone
    You'll be somewhere far away
    On a boat, listening to Tom Jones.

(chorus)
    So enjoy your time with what's his name
    And what's it called and where's that at
    I'll just be here alone
    Enjoy your time doing something else.
    Ballzz and Rijacki like this.
  9. sadre Augur

I mean, that is a gold record. Just saying. Get it copyrighted Burdi. Last time round with the chorus, after the tale has been told, last line changes to "And thank God you're doing something else!"

Everyone loves a divorce song.
  10. Kunfo Augur

@OP plenty of people pointed out the server would be DOA ever since FTE was announced, so people shouldn't act surprised at the rapid drop off...
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There are those to whom the server's ruleset, etc. does not appeal and there are those who are gleefully playing because the ruleset does appeal to them where the ruleset of other TLPs didn't. And, that's perfectly ok.

There is a reason restaurants have more than a single item on the menu. If you don't want BBQ ribs but prefer to have a deluxe hamburger, would you throw a tantrum that the restaurant has the BBQ ribs as the current special with the deluxe hamburger still available on the menu? Would you declare the restaurant should never serve BBQ ribs because it's not what you want? Would you insist they'll go out of business because they offer a menu item you don't want while still having other items available?
    Yinla and Lejaun like this.
  12. Kunfo Augur

What was the second fresh server they released alongside Oakwynd without FTE?
  13. Valyn New Member

I think you just made her point, Karen. DBG does not need to release multiple different ruleset servers each time to cater to each fan base. There are already many different ruleset servers to choose from. Either order from the menu or choose a different restaurant.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Going back to my restaurant analogy, do you think a restaurant that has a new dish on the menu as a special needs to have every other dish on the menu as a new item, too?

Other TLPs are still available. You aren't being blocked in any way shape of form from playing on any of the other TLPs. Yes, it is the 'deluxe hamburger' or other menu item that's already been on the menu for a while. Or maybe you do throw a tantrum as a restaurant for offering one new menu item that isn't what you want to order while keeping the rest of the menu the same.

While there have been other TLPs released and some with 2 in the past, there was never any stated policy regarding a TLP for each playstyle to be released each year.

If you don't like Oakwynd for whatever reason, there are several other existing TLPs available.

You also don't need to denigrate those who do like the Oakwynd ruleset or might even like FTE, or any other reason they might want to play there. Do you harass other customers in a restaurant for ordering a dish you don't like?
    Yinla and Lejaun like this.
  15. Sara Connor New Member

Folks need to get over the invalid "there are other TLPs available argument". No. There is not another TLP available this year providing the classic experience that many crave.
    Nymm, Muramx, Maelia and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kunfo Augur

I have been sitting in a different restaurant for awhile now watching the Oakwynd dumpster fire across the street, wondering if ownership will ever open a new restaurant with some decent food again.
  17. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Leading up to the release, this forums was heavily saturated with people hating on Oakwynd.

It released, and there are, on average, 7 general channels active per day. Personally, I absolutely love the population of classic and the server - FTE is iffy, but not game-breaking as I previously thought. If this server is upsetting you, there's plenty of other games to try! Wishing you the best!
    Rijacki and Overcast451 like this.
  18. Overcast451 Augur

Yeah.. and with all due respect here.

I'm not sure I follow the ranting about the XP bonus then ranting about no one being level 40+ to group in Guk when the server hasn't been live for a full week yet. Heck, you can write-off the first day entirely for 80% of the players.

Personally, I'm in no rush to level to max. There are weeks left yet.

One thing for sure about the TLPs - if you are too far ahead or too far behind the leveling curve, you need to bring your own group and/or friends, etc.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

I’ve been having a great time and have been enjoying a possibly unintended feature of FTE - the delay to engage. Mob spawns in camp? No problem, you have a moment to get ready and those meditating can stand up without getting hammered.

Trains have been almost a non-issue, which has been nice.

People have been dead set to hate Oakwynd from the second it was announced. Some concerns are valid, but so many of them are over exaggerated. I think it’s killing some of the negative ones that the server hasn’t been the catastrophe that you wished it would have been.
    Overcast451 and Knifen like this.
  20. sadre Augur

Ok, I've been thinking this through all morning. Head scratcher material.

So, Oakwynd is a restaurant, or, as long as you think of it as a restaurant, it makes sense.

That's like a solid 8 hours of work. So before I go on, is that where we are at? I hate to min-max a forum thread, but I'd rather not have to rollback my understanding to a prior save.