New Old AA to continue on please.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, May 30, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Since most AA seem cookie cutter anymore I was wondering if you could bring back one more you seem to have forgotten about. Would you please bring back the AA that made the characters buffs longer duration. It would not be overpowered and is a quality of life issue. Enchanters haste in particular seems way short compared to most others. Make it as expensive as spell focus AA I dont care. People have spell gems spent on mini buffs that last what 7 minutes? I think 2 hours should be the MINIMUM for any buff.
    Yinla and Crystilla like this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

If you think a buff is too short, you should ask for the base buff to be extended. It would be nice if the major MGB buffs were all at least an hour in base spell duration (which would be 2 hours minimum with max AA but no duration focus).

Messing with Spell Casting Reinforcement at this point would introduce a ton of possible pitfalls. The biggest being that it would benefit true casters the most (due to the number of short duration ADPS buffs that would get longer, especially self only ones) and pure melee the least. Which is exactly the wrong direction to take at this point in the game balance situation, as pure melee are behind casters.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

How about an AA to make buffs permanent until death or clicked off?
    Permanent Augmentation 200AA
    One for pets too
    Permanent Minion Augmentation 200AA
    Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  4. FYAD Augur

Remove buffs altogether and just build the stat benefits into the base character stats for each level range.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Personally I would not care if it benefits a caster more, it should, its about casting. I would still get a lot longer Haste and my 7 min self buff may now last 10 minutes lol. But hey if its gonna upset the applecart just make the buffs longer as you suggest. I guess I was thinking of something they could implement that is already in game so would take little to no thought.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Haste is a pretty significant buff, which means its duration should be set appropriately. But it's also become "necessary" as the game has been tuned around haste for a very long time. I think bringing haste in line with Shaman buffs at a minimum makes sense.

To the original request of AA lines, how about a new AA line that extends long-term beneficial effects (Think Druid skin, Shaman unity, Cleric reliance, etc) on the player? So the caster has armor focus and AA that extends all buffs. But all players can invest AA in a new AA line that extends long-term beneficial effects when cast upon them.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

A SHD who has no buffs to offer other people and is one of the most solo-able class wants buffs from other people to last longer, specifically mentioning from a class that is one of the hardest to solo, while saying the price of the AA doesn't matter. Sorry you have to talk to an ENC every 1.5 hours. Buy a potion or find ENC/SHM to group with. Make a donation for a buff and campfire back to your group.

How about adding a new AA that makes beneficial spells last longer when they land on you and make that cost a boatload of AA. I'm capped on AA so the price doesn't really matter but this request just rubs me the wrong way.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

Its all good, I have a 120 of every class. Well I dont have a warrior. Oh hey you forgot Voice of Thule. I love to offer it to people. I am sorry my request rubs you the wrong way but giving everyone else fd kinda chapped my hide too , same with sk used to have one of the fastest mounts in the game. It is what it is.