What classes do you think today are underpowered?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, May 25, 2023.

1. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

That's a big negatory, good buddy. I run a 4-box group on live, at 120. Wiz Mag Enc Rng. The wizard absolutely wrecks when he needs to. Using every ability on every class, for max synergy, I can hit twincasted 10 million damage nukes as an opening salvo. WAAY more damage than manaburn. And hopefully I pulled 2-3 mobs because the first one is going down in about 10-15 seconds and my abilities are still running hot.

But yes, raid wizards need work. The synergy spell needs roughly tripled just for starters. It should NOT do the same damage as the mage spell. Mages get plenty of other good spells. I WANT the boss to notice me. Got that wizard ego.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

100% Thought he said worst dps / underpowered classes not the best trio toons in game.
    FYAD and ChiiChii like this.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

Bards are part rog and they really need to have the ability to make poisons added to their list. This is more of a race problem then class but gnomes are the only tinker and you require tinkering to make containers for certain NoS gear which is just stupid... give all classes the ability to raise face with gnomes and then learn tinkering from a quest so there is more than 1 race that can make belts for NoS.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Iven Antonius Bayle

Bard is a jack-of-all-trades which does mean that it does include a little bit of most other classes. Adding Make Poison to them would lean them to much to the rogue class. They are already a bit OPed regarding their many abilities.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Cleric is most underpowered by far. It's not even close.
    Dre., Allayna, bbanz and 3 others like this.
  6. Iven Antonius Bayle

You gave me appetite to level up my wizards further. It seems that only raid wizards are whining on the forums about how weak the wizard is. I have seen one of the rare molo wizards (lvl 110-115) in action a few years ago and it was so impressive that I do still remember it.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You know they are gonna nerf us now cause of this thread, right?

... and it is all your fault

8. zleski Augur

I'll say something actually controversial and say Necromancers in a very specific context: Group play. Before you all jump down my throat, be patient as I get to the point.

Group content dies very quickly, and as everyone knows, Necromancers thrive when stuff lasts a while - it's why we're so valuable on raids. However, when things are dying in 10-15 seconds, our dots aren't living up to their full potential.

We have "swift" dots which last 12 seconds that you would think should be perfect for mobs lasting 10-15 seconds, but these swift dots don't enjoy the focus effects that give us our strength. These spells are literally not worth casting at all. Why should "The DOT Class" have an entire category of spells that are actively bad to cast. I want to see these dots buffed so they are focused, perhaps not to the effect of the spells that cost 10x mana, but they need to be better. Everyone coalescing on the same set of spells isn't good gameplay; we need alternatives to be a valid strategy.

And in general, I'd like to see spells that are simply not worth using removed from the game. Offering the illusion of choice is, in my opinion, a bad thing. New Necromancers can get tricked into using these spells and get left wondering why they're not as effective as their peers. I have no doubt that other classes suffer this as well (such as Shaman and the soothing vs reckless line of heals). In particular, and by example, if we have a plant-based expansion, then give us the plant dot, but in a normal level increase, please skip it.
  9. Iven Antonius Bayle

Plant DoT for the necro or the druid ?

I think that the game does focus to much on raids because else the classes would be better adapted to group content. Should be also one of the reasons why so many players do prefer to box/molo/solo as many class combinations are not very compatible. Necro with wizard as example. Most DoTs do generally have much to long durations which does limit them to raids, solo, molo and duo boxing but the problem is more the lack of good alternatives. DD nukes can be very mana costly which can go that far that a class is very ineffective in group content. /Points to the druid.
  10. Szilent Augur

o_O
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rexa like this.
  11. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

[IMG]
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

Sorry for my bad english. I do mean "ineffective".
  13. kizant Augur

Don't worry. All these threads have been rather inintelligible. Too many people don't have a clue.
    Allayna, Ssdar, Koshk and 3 others like this.
  14. ChiiChii Augur

Wizards like Kizant give me a taste of what they truly can accomplish in raids. I just haven't been able to replicate his ability to hover just under or over 2 million dps.
  15. Highwizard Augur

No wizard in EQ will be able to do what Kizant does alot of it has to do with his group composition and perfectly coordinated ADPS. Kizant is the exception not the rule. I actually think Kizant is the reason why they won't really boost wizard DPS because he would always be number 1 parser in ROI so the rest of us scrubs get to suffer. Thats a joke...ish

Mahlhavoc likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

And yet every wizard could be Kizant, or come close. The one thing the majority of people overlook is parse time. They look at 2.2 million on a parse and they see their 1.4 million and think they are nowhere near a Kizant (or similar players of their class). However, Kizant got his 2.2 in five minutes, and it took you 8 minutes to get your 1.4 million. For all we know, at the 5 minute mark you may have been 2.1 million, and then your discs and AA and such fade and then the next three minutes (with no boosts running) it drops you down to 1.4 million.

Please note this is not an anti-Kizant post. He is the most knowledgeable, best wizard in the game. This is a pro- other wizards who look at their 1.4 and think they cannot hold up to Kizant, but if they replaced Kizant on ROI they could do close or within 10% of what he does. There are a lot of good players in the game, and some 1.4 million parsers could be 2.2 in a different raid force.
  17. Highwizard Augur

Oh yeah no dis-respect to kizant, we are super fortunate to have him, all classes need a kizant or a sancus.

And I agree some of us are probably 10% of him on good days with good adps. I was making a joke, kizant knows I respect him.

Here is a parse from last night from under siege, not exactly a fast raid for the guild I raid with.
    Combined (83): Zun Centien in 1367s, 40.26B Damage @29.45M, 1. Highwizard +Pets = 2.02B@1.50M in 1350s {GGSM}

Here is a faster raid parse
    Combined (46): A cliknar nymph in 878s, 26.73B Damage @30.45M, 2. Highwizard = 1.46B@1.72M in 846s {G7GM} you can see the DPS starts climbing the faster it goes
    ChiiChii likes this.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

They definitely could give BRD poison making with a lower skill cap and not push the class out of balance. Not all classes with skills get the same cap so this wouldn't be anything overly unique. I have suggested many times giving all non-track classes an AA called "acute awareness" and give a track skill of like 50.
  19. kizant Augur

Wizards got more improvements than any other class this year. They just don't allocate much time to class balance so there's still a long way to go.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. ChiiChii Augur

makes me think of a preposterous theory that there is some mathematical computation limit being hit in how damage is calculated. ALAS, Lord Kizant proves what we can output. i mean, if druids can land 49 million crit damage from a DoT tick, where is our wizard 50 million damage manaburn?? /evil cackle inquiring minds would like to know. :D :D :D