Still stuck in queue since launch..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Honeycomb, May 24, 2023.

1. Voraxia Journeyman

If I sit in a 5 hours que on launch day June 2nd, to get in and the game crashes on my ps5 I will get a refund. That isn't gonna happen though, because they will launch the game with more than 1 server haha. They also were smart and gave you a chance to play early if you pay them, so they know to the t how many people are going to log on. They will also have a number to tell you what place you are. There is no defending what eq did, they were just being cheap., because they know the only people they have left are absolute addicts, kronos junkies, and that's it. EQ could launch the server with a message that says you all "insert a word for low intelligence" for buying this game, and you would still play.

Dont get me wrong blizzard is a bad company to, but they are better then day break games, and dark balls. We are talking like the difference between Trump and Biden both bad.
  2. Lejaun Augur

I doubt anyone quitting after this queue was going to stick around long anyways.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And modern games are designed a lot differently then one that was launched in 1999. There are a lot of changes since then that has improved the experience and a lot of old code that impacts things today in Everquest.
  4. Voraxia Journeyman

Are you trying to tell me that you think they couldn't of launched 2 servers at once? Cause if you are, I dono how you can lie to your self that badly.
  5. Voraxia Journeyman

I was debating between d4 and everquest, I picked everquest, but waiting in a que for a hour to have it disconnect me then put me at the end of the que is to much for me. Though you might be right everquest community is bottom of the barrel, right up there with heroes of the storm, so your prolly right I would of left anyways. Why do I want to spend 10000 hours grinding to get into groups, when I can just do it instant in hots, I was thinking EQ would have a better community, but the general chat is almost as bad as heroes, and the groups and raids are worse.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Never said they couldn't if they thought it would be worth the extra costs. But that would have just lead to either a dead server once the launch population dies off or more downtime for all servers as they work on getting the extra server merged into the main server. Not to mention you would still have people waiting in queues as they wait to get on the main server in order to join their friends/guildmates as having groups split across servers isn't helping anyone.

It never has been an issue of being able to launch two servers but rather weighing the costs of launching two servers and having to merge them at a later date versus how long the login queues will be an issue. From what I understand the queues have gotten much better already which makes a second server pointless.

A key thing to remember is that recent TLP server merges have taken all servers down for a decent amount of time and they budget at least 24 hours for them.
  7. Voraxia Journeyman

Doesn't matter either way, my 15 a month is meaningless to the krono junkies, so we could go back and forth for 30 years. I got pissed off I got disconnected after I spent a hour in a que, not much of a loss for them, end of story. Though you are just describing more incompetency, if they have that much trouble combining servers, and dealing with ques I was never gonna stay anyways. You would have to be a die hard to play with this level of incompetency, I have seen people running emulators do a better job, and they dont even get paid.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not saying it isn't upsetting to those that are waiting in a queue to get into the game but that doesn't mean it makes sense to add a second server. Or that more people will be upset when the second server doesn't solve the queue problems for them because they can't move to it and still play with their friends/guilds. A second server isn't a magical solution to the queue problem as players will still be impacted by it. Of course this doesn't count the upset players when the downtime happens later to merge the two servers.

Having to deal with how the game was designed over 25 years ago isn't the fault of the current developers.
  9. Lejaun Augur

The community is great on Oakwynd. By far one of the least toxic of any games I’ve played. But it does take a little bit more than just giving up after you can’t get in the game on the very first day right away when a new server is just released.

You get back what you put into it. Go into the situation realizing it will be popular early on, and that there are some limitations with a 24 year old game, and you’ll have a lot more fun. Go into it negative without even waiting for things to chill out a bit, what do you expect? Attack the game and complain when it really isn’t that bad, and of course people will react negatively to you.
  10. Koniku Elder

guys im still stuck in the queue help
  11. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  12. Voraxia Journeyman

They did me a favor, your right I shouldn't be complaining. If they were competent, didn't kick me after getting into character creator, I would be with you in a dead end garbage game, where the only thing to look forward to is seeing the Kronos junkies try to sell things, but thankfully they showed me the error of my ways, and now i can play Diablo 4 with 10 to 20 million people, vs 100 kronos drug dealers, their 1000 addicts, and some people who sit in the corner, playing with them selves. Everquest quest groups and community is right up there with HOTS, WOW, DOTA 1 and 2, and warcraft 3, horrid stop your lying.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If you think Blizzard is any more capable of launching things smoothly I suspect you have never played on day 1 of their titles.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Koshk Augur

Though not their fault (assuming none of the current employees were in fact around back then), it's certainly their responsibility.

Many software developers have to deal with old, legacy code. That fact does not automatically give us a perpetual excuse for our current actions. Nor should it imply that just because it's old, doesn't mean it cannot be improved or replaced.

The initial rocky launches of TLPs were understandable. But that was a long time ago. Plenty of time to address and resolve the root causes. I think players' complaints today are perfectly justifiable.

If the developers would communicate more with the players, and discuss these issues, they would likely have more of my empathy. Instead, they choose to quietly observe in near silence. So my empathy goes to the players instead, who can only shout into the void and hope someone is listening.
    Voraxia likes this.
  15. Voraxia Journeyman

Ill let you know in 6 days.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it is only possible if they want to sacrifice other goals in order to fix it. There is a lot of legacy code making changes on would likely break many other things in the game. It may be easy to say that code needs to be updated but it isn't always easy to actually do that.
  17. Koshk Augur

Of course it would potentially break other things. That's the nature of the work. But not an excuse for inaction.

And I certainly never said it was easy. Doing good work rarely is.

Your continuous loyalty and defense of these silent people is exhausting, Mr. McMarrin. Enjoy your weekend. Please try to keep your forum Replies to a reasonable quantity.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When the amount of work needed would mean that all other work and creation of new content would be put on hold it does become a valid excuse for not fixing it.