New Hero's Forge sets in Daybreak store. Pricing Typo?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thren, May 26, 2023.

1. Bobokin Augur

A false analogy from the biggest elitist on this board. Thanks for the laugh.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ahh I love it when folks start telling DB they are making money wrong. They get he sales numbers on the armor and make the decisions on pricing it. Its meant to be rare. I'll never buy it but that doesn't mean DB is pricing it wrong.
  3. Conq Augur

NM. Didn't realize this set isn't attunable. The Clockwork set is attunable. But not the Golden. Bummer.
    Conq
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

DPG is like a C- grade at monetization. The store is often neglected. Pricing is pretty bad. There’s not any bundles sales around peak interest periods (expansion launches, TLPs). No “Collector’s Editions” for TLPs unlocking new expansions.

However they are an exemplary case showing the power of having a cult like customer base that will push a game to success. Regardless, of the quality of the game being released.
    Bobokin and Velisaris_MS like this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Turn on the old models and stick it to anyone that paid!
    MageGuy likes this.
  6. Riou EQResource

The gold set is the old Recruit a Friend set which the cost is basically ballpark what it would have cost if you recruit a friended your alt accounts to get it for your main
    MageGuy and FYAD like this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

Like I said prior, if it had come with some time on the clock, it would have been an incentive to buy now, but alone it is an elitist cash grab that they push as some sort of special holiday sale. A $200 suit of ornaments is not a special holiday sale.

Anyway, there it is. It is not a mistake. It isn't priced incorrectly. It is as intended.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Golden was $250 originally although that was shared across your accounts. Then it was brought out at $199 in 2016, and in 2018 they offered it as part of the package with 1 year access, a heroic toon, a bag and the golden for $199.

earlier post on page 1 - this was the raf - $250 but it was shared so easier to get. Big ballpark:D
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What is the issue with treating a couple of sets of armor ornamentations different then the rest? There are plenty of other sets that get sold at a reasonable price.
    Cicelee and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why does having a couple of special sets of ornamentations alienate anyone? There are plenty of other sets they can buy or they can wait until they go on sale with a 2 year sub bundle and get it at that time.

I don't see any players sticking around in Everquest because they could get a special set of ornamentations at a cheaper price.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The same people in this thread crying 'cash grab' are the same people who whine that expansions are small, raids are easy, and bugs aren't fixed fast enough.

You can't have it both ways. DPG needs cash to do stuff. Shut yer yaps and let them grab cash so they can do stuff. My god ya'll are thick-headed curmudgeons sometimes.
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you look at Twitch, some people drop hundreds or thousands of dollars in donations to their favorite streamers. Some have an agenda, others just want to "support." This also applies to Kickstarter, GoFundMe, Ticketmaster, and other funding venues.

Daybreak's Child's Play fundraiser was a hit success with many members of the EQ community dropping big bucks.

Some products will go towards funding the game. If you can't afford it or disagree with it, then don't buy or participate.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  13. MageGuy MageGuy

Good one :lol:
  14. FYAD Augur

I, too, enjoy shooting myself in the foot to own strangers on the internets.
  15. Bobokin Augur

You know this how? You have the stats to back that up?

Daybreak makes more money finding the best market value. You believe there is a huge market for $200 suit ornaments on Everquest?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Those items have been selling at that price for a long time even though they are only on the market for a limited about of time each cycle. If it wasn't selling at that price they would have changed it by now.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Where did I say the market for expensive suits was huge?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

If they put sinister steam work in the db store for the same price; I wonder how many people would buy them.. FWIW: I have a cloth set for sale on xegony =p
  19. Febb Augur

I can't believe Walmart sells items that I cannot afford. Clearly a cash grab by the company to only cater to people who can afford those things. Everything in the store should be within my price range.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well put. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.