Perfectly balanced class 2023

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, May 26, 2023.

1. Cicelee Augur

Most threads discuss which classes are overpowered and/or underpowered.

Which class in today's Live game is the most balanced? The class that does exactly what it should do? The class that is in the ideal spot- doesn't need nerfed, doesn't need boosts?

If I had to pick one, I think it would be a beastlord. Or cleric.
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

SKs and Mages
    Ozon likes this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

*crickets chirping*
  4. Razorfall Augur

I see what you did there LOL
    fransisco likes this.
  5. Cadira Augur

Agree on beast, assuming top tier dps is balanced where it is intended.

Firm disagree on cleric, I think most of the population believes clerics need some love in the non-healing dept.

Other than that, maybe bards, mag, Necro (rest of top dps classes need brought up to them imo), enc seemed pretty balanced to me.
    Tallie and Emilari like this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

ENC is in a good spot in balance but not a great spot overall for gameplay.

My only real complaint about the state of ENC is that we don't have enough melee only runes. Spell damage munches down our runes so when we do pull aggro we don't have those defensive runes up like we used to.

Also, Charm should be tuned. It's out of balance for risk vs reward. Considering how fast mobs can eat us, they really should be putting out that crazy DPS without a lot of XP penalty. It's a lot of risk and should have a lot of reward, and it being out of balance took a lot of fun out of the game.

Any other complaint is about how the gameplay has changed so much that it's easier to off tank than it is to CC. We are balanced well, but the gameplay makes us pretty unnecessary compared to the earlier game where our presence could regularly define the outcome.

So ENC is well balanced in ability vs DPS/aDPS etc but from an overall gameplay perspective we aren't what we used to be since the tanks have become so powerful.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think CLR is well balanced in raids but not in groups. They are so overpowered in healing for groups and offer very little. A cleric paired with a knight makes for a bored cleric. Clerics are really only needed in groups for a few missions or if the tank isn't an actual tank.

Clerics Vow needs a big bump so that CLR can play in groups like a bad paladin. Cleric's should get slay and when they vow and Slay together they should be crushing it. I think right now that CLR is only getting around 50k DPS except when they get the bonuses from turn undead. It shouldn't be a problem for a raid cleric with vow to be doing 100-150k DPS against most targets and just gobs of DPS against undead, when they have taken a vow.
    Metanis, Ozon and Emilari like this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

If the cleric is bored tell the bard to pull bigger groups.
  9. Annastasya Augur

i think Ranger is pretty well balanced and plays more or less as expected these days.
    Shanarias likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

As Svann said. Your group members can make it interesting. If they decide not to that's on them or you for not pushing them.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I think the warrior is in a decent middle of the road shape. Although our aggro buttons need to reach out a little further.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am surprised no one has mentioned rogues. Rogues I think are pretty well balanced: we have SoS, have decent DPS, and can pull. We have poisons for most everything: slow, snare, etc. Heck, I even know a couple of rogues that can molo current content (I can't, or just refuse to learn because I prefer a group). Some may look at the rogue as being OP, but I think we are pretty balanced as far as utility and fighting goes.
  13. Tucoh Augur

https://tiermaker.com/create/everquest-class-tier-list-1118551

My 2 cents
    [IMG]

clerics don't contribute outside of certain instances where their massive healing matters. Monks/berserkers/wizard/rogue DPS is too low for low-utility DPS classes. Paladins have a tanking/aggro deficiency and are overshadowed by their SK counterpart. Enchanters are cumbersome to play (group Night's Terror when?) and don't have enough power in the rune/charm department.

My current 6box team is composed of 3 mages, a shadowknight, bard and shaman. I regularly group with a top-tier necro. The abuse we put mobs through violates the Geneva conventions.

For this thread, I'd say rangers, druids, beastlords and warriors are well balanced in terms of lethality, enjoyment and alignment to their design.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

I think some would argue that you are trying to make OP into Well Balanced regarding your group makeup. As for Rangers, as long as they enjoy the guild lobby, I guess they are ok.

Kidding aside, I think a lot of what people are saying ties back to the thread on which class has the most devoted players. I think that any class can perform well with the right person behind the keyboard, OP, balanced, or otherwise needing help. I see warriors two-hand tank half of FFP with only a shaman healer, where other warriors need a sword and board to handle one mob. I've seen the same with SKs. I see druids who can go top 5 on a straight up DPS burn, and put out good healing as well.

I think the true class balance comes from those who play them, utilizes them to their maximum capabilities, and again, with some classes needing love they can still outperform average players of OP classes.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

What makes an enchanter cumbersome to play?