Playing on Oakwynd I just realized.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, May 25, 2023.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Depends on what you think of as "EverQuest", the game, the developer of it, or the company running it.

"EverQuest" the game had been sold 2.5 million times by 2004, and has been sold millions of times since then.

https://www.sony.com/content/sony/e...and-over-25-million-units-sold-worldwide.html

The developers 989 studios, Verant Interactive were never sold, they were all always owned by Sony but ran by different departments / divisions within Sony, sometimes being spun off from a department or merged with a departmnet as part of managing & funding the development of the game early on.

The Developer Sony Online Entertainment was was first sold as company by Sony in 2015.
    Who it was sold to depends on who you want to believe, Press releases at the time said Columbus Nova, that was later ret-conned to Jason Epstein at the time an executive of Columbus Nova, as was Ji Ham, SoE changed its name to Daybreak Games as part of the sale.

Officially EG7 then Purchased Daybreak Games in 2020.

I personally view it the other way around & think that it was Daybreak who bought EG7, Epstein pulling the strings, Robin Flodin getting the boot as part of the deal & Ji Ham sliding into the CEO chair was but the penultimate inevitable step, I think he will almost certainly be the offical CEO not just the "acting" one in due course.

If you can't count to 2 I will forgive you.
    Waring_McMarrin and Rijacki like this.
  2. KronoCatcher Journeyman

exp is slow as all hell with pot + 50% bonus
    Nymm likes this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

i know you have a freezer full of Chloe's pops

Explore Our Pops | Chloe's Fruit (chloesfruit.com)
  4. Pappasalt Augur

Skuz was the brains behind Vaniki somewhat and loved the server...all I ever needed to know lol.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And you are the brains behind what?
  6. Aiona Augur

It's really, really easy to get a group during the first month of classic, this isn't any different from any other tlp launch. You either speak up, or go the camp(s) you want to find teams in and join them, or create your own group and set your own rules and expectations.

No one is intentionally acting anti-social, they just aren't going to send invites to anti-social/silent players who can't even bother to use the LFG tool.
  7. Pappasalt Augur

Multi gaming community of around 500 or so.

2 kids count?

Oh yeah the magus clicky on vaniki
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Also, all I ever needed to know.
  9. Pappasalt Augur

I know you are but what am i?
  10. sadre Augur

Wait a sec. Is he this big old fat person?
  11. sadre Augur

You cold hearted monster
  12. Muramx Augur

Where and at what level? When I was level 5 yeah yellows gave me 7.5%... At 20 killing a red was giving me like 3% with the exp bonus and a PoT running.
    Nymm likes this.
  13. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

It actually made me have flashbacks for why I quit playing on Throneblade when Mischief and TB both first launched.

Where you're LFG for hours as people play their anti-social box groups directly in front of you.
  14. Until We Felt Red Augur

These threads are so silly. I logged on earlier yesterday and there were SIX general chats--but the server's already dead. I've done nothing but group from 6-30 on my druid in a few days of casual play. A druid, ffs. Use LFG, use general, use continent chat. Go to where you want to group and walk right up to the group and ask. Be cool. It'll happen.

I was firmly against mob locking, but it's actually been ... oddly fine. The xp could always be faster and the legacy system doesn't do nearly enough to boost alts, but otherwise, it's been a fun time.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. KronoCatcher Journeyman

I do agree with you on the FTE side of the house, its been different in a good way. Its just a new way to get a kill with first to engage vs dps race.

Wait til you start to get mid 45 / 46 and you start getting 0.7 - 0.9%(Thats WITH 50% bonus and pot) per kill at gob island lol. It might be slightly better now that the hole is open but they need to up the exp rate for ppl to stick around.
  16. Moforyguy12345 Augur

This TLP is just for keeping the attention of people until Diablo 4 comes out. So many good games out this year I am not surprised the way they went this year. "experimental" They will probably make Mischief 2.0 next year with FTE added.
  17. Strikker New Member

I think this thread started off with a lot of confirmation bias. I thought I would hate it > I do hate it.

My experience has been very different. I was on vacation until Friday. I logged on and created a few characters. I played an SK up to 5 and a Mage up to 10, casually, over the weekend. I have been invited to several groups (the groups reached out to me). I spent a couple of hours on an over-hunted croc beach without one conflict (kudos FTE!). I've found /yell to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I normally play clerics. I'm going to start one today. I anticipate I'll be in groups all day; I won't have any conflicts with other groups, and I'll have fun.

For the most part, what you put into something greatly influences what you get out of it. If you show up expecting a bad experience, there is only one possible outcome. Keep that in mind.

The only ones who should be disappointed in this server are those who want to train me, KS me, or disrupt a zone.
  18. nanoh New Member

It’s none of those things for me. I just don’t think I personally can do the classic grind again so soon after Yelinak, which itself wasn’t the first, second, or third rodeo.

I didn’t need Mischief 2.0. In fact, I hope they don’t just default to Mischief 2.0 for the 25th Anniversary but instead do something new and deeply impactful out the gate. Just something crazy. Oakwynd has a promise of something interesting in the future, which, sure, I may come back to and fiddle around on, but it isn’t an audience grabber from the start. The legacy/heirloom thing for me just means raiding multiple times a week. I recognize that looking at it that way means I’m not the target demographic, surely. And that’s okay too.

As far as FTE goes, makes no difference to me whatsoever whether it’s there or not. I really don’t think it changed my experience at all, though I guess it could have. I’m sure not everyone feels the same way. Definitely not the doom and gloom some feared, but I also don’t blame folks for raising the flag publicly about the test products they put out - it was frankly a miracle they got it to the state it is in now, and I’m ready to give DBG credit for that.

…unfortunately, I’m still just plain burned out on classic tlp servers, I guess. But hey, that’s just me.
    KronoCatcher likes this.
  19. Doze Augur

Apart from the fact that training is seemingly fixed (it never needed fixing and mobs are now behaving in a most immersion breaking manner) then you clearly haven't been paying attention.
    The occasional KSing have now been replaced with rampant TSing (Tag Stealing) and AE PL'ers are already disrupting zones like never before (both earlier in the servers life and more completely) - and with the locked system in place there is sod all anyone can do about it.
    Nymm likes this.
  20. Moraeulf New Member

I played on the prior four TLP servers for several months each and had a blast, but on Oakwynd I quit during the first bonus exp weekend.

I was looking forward to another TLP experience but found this server to be extremely boring.