Memorial Day XP bonuses

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Felixus, May 25, 2023.

1. Felixus Journeyman

Any word if we are going to get bonuses for Memorial Day like EQ2 is?
  2. Bobokin Augur

They pulled this last minute announcement before.

I guess they would rather us play something else.
  3. Riou EQResource

4. Time zone Journeyman

they cannot keep servers up long enough to play. maybe we need to merge EQ1 + EQ2=BETTER GAME
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-memorial-day-2023

Our Memorial Day Celebration has returned and with it, you can enjoy the following bonuses and perks:
    • 50% bonus to character experience
    • 50% bonus to faction changes
    • 50% increase to rare spawn chance
    • 20% off Marketplace purchases if you’re an All Access member
    • Unvaulted a selection of Marketplace items: LoN Prize Cards, Clockwork Hero’s Forge, Golden Hero Forge, and select familiars
    Being a loyal Norrathian has its benefits! Jump in game, have fun, and don’t forget to remember all the heroes who have come and gone but will never, ever be forgotten. The Memorial Day Celebration started today, May 26, 2023, and will end on May 30, 2023 at 11:00 p.m. PDT.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Bobokin Augur

Why was this not posted a couple days ago?
    Yinla and Herf like this.
  7. Herf Augur

They do this every year :(
    Nennius and Koshk like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

It's called "suspense."
    They want you to wait to make the call on whether your three-day weekend will include Vegas or Freeport, hoping you will choose Freeport and blow your money on LoN packs (guilty of this).
  9. Herf Augur

They said "20% off Marketplace purchases if you’re an All Access member"

They did NOT say "+20%" It's actually +10%.

I'm not a big fan of Daypaw, but in this case it is what is is.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

Ok, it's 20% off marketplace purchases if you are an All Access member. Got it.

But I paid to be All Access, so this is what I get:

WHAT IS ALL ACCESS?

One Membership. All The Benefits! It’s your ticket to exceptional value, savings and benefits in a boat load of award-winning online games. Game on, friends.

BENEFITS INCLUDE
    • Premium benefits in all participating DGC games
    • 10% off unlimited marketplace purchases†
    • 500 Daybreak Cash Reward to claim each month
    • Special membership promotions and offers throughout the year
    So that means I get 10% off unlimited marketplace purchases. Got it.

10% for All Access, and 20% off for the sale only for All Access member is 30% total off. Got it.
    For your premise to be valid, they would have to say: "20% off Marketplace purchases if you’re an All Access member in place of the 10% bonus benefit for being an All Access member you have already received."

11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They said we are getting a 20% discount if we are all access members and that is exactly what we are getting. Just because you don't like the fact that we normally get a 10% discount it doesn't change the fact that we are now getting a 20% discount.

And when you make a purchase you are still getting a 20% discount during this event.
  12. Bobokin Augur

Yep, but it isn't a 20% sale.

I understand the semantics; I just believe listing it as 20% off as a sale or promotion is disingenuous when the status quo for All Access is already 10% off. I could care less about the literal interpretation because that isn't my complaint.
    FYAD likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Have the servers been crashing? I was literally on for 48 hours and when I woke up this morning, there I was - still logged in.

What are you talking about?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are still getting a 20% discount and they are not claiming you are getting 20% more than you are now. They made a simple and easy to understand statement that during this event you will get a 20% discount on any purchase made.
  15. Bobokin Augur

No matter how many times I indicate I understand this, in fact it is in my premise, you come back and post like I do not. Hey buddy, I GET IT.

It is the fact that they present it like a 20% sale is what I am criticizing. It is not a 20% sale; it is a 10% sale above the 10% that is the status quo. Do you really believe they would use the 20% figure if they weren't trying to make it look like it is more than it really is? Don't play the fool.
    FYAD likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You seem to be the only one who is trying to read more into it then Daybreak is saying. I don't see it as them trying to trick people into thinking they are giving a bigger discount then they actually are.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Am I the only one to start looking for a gift horse to examine?