Playing on Oakwynd I just realized.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, May 25, 2023.

1. Sakuraba Augur

The big thing with groups is a lot of times you need to put yourself out there and actively form the groups, instead of trying to be more passive about it and announce that you're LFG. Scout out an area, or in the newbie yards just mention that you're wanting to camp a certain spot and will send invites to anyone who wants to come along.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

How do you expect people to reply when your thread brings '0 substance' to the actual forum?

"No one will group with me".
    Implied: "FTE is boring, because no one will group with me and xp is slow".

What you're experiencing is social-related and it would happen on any server. Have you tried joining a guild? As others have mentioned they usually have several open groups at server start to join and level up with on a schedule. Server XP is slow by design to promote grouping (hence a lot of premades take advantage of this). Folks that walk into a zone (or login) and announce 'lfg' and expect to be picked up puts a lot of people off - I know I ignore those sort of people. I'm not saying this is you, but if you fall into this category of player, maybe change your approach.

The point is that you have a lot of options that you seem to be ignoring.
    Zrender and Skuz like this.
  3. Chopsuey Augur

Classic EQ is boring because it's low apm (actions per minute). Melee turn on auto attack til mob dies. Caster casts 1-2 spells per mob then sits to med for mana.
    The only redeeming quality classic era EQ brings is nostalgia, once that wears off you realize how bad it really is.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Doze Augur

This is true only if you play like some people did back in 1999, by pulling just one blue mob at a time and making sure that everyone is at full mana before pulling the next one ...
  5. sadre Augur

You missed the OP's point.
  6. sadre Augur

You probably hate baseball. I bet you delight in the pitch clock.
    Olestra likes this.
  7. RandallTheBard Journeyman

Non stop groups anytime I want them. 3-8% per kill if you know what you are doing. If you are farming lowest level dark blues you will only get 0.01-.5% . Learn to play!!!!
    Zrender likes this.
  8. sadre Augur

[IMG]
  9. Wordor Journeyman

This is true for me as well. I can't play eq if I don't box one or two, just too slow. The only exception being Necro kiting, even then I usually tag my bard along too to reduce down time between pulls and extra dot's. The thing I really enjoy is having a double charm box set up
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Chopsuey Augur

I do. Mainly because I played it from the ages 6-18, got burned out. I can't force myself to watch a game. I had a pretty impressive card collection of Ken Griffey Jr. and Frank Thomas at one time.
  11. mcsleezy Elder

Lucky you.

Congrats.
  12. Shanarias Augur

So I rolled a mage last night on Oakscam, and I saw a level 15 mage running around tagging every mob that they could, and then after they got a good enough pile of mobs, nuking them. This was right outside West Freeport, and disgusted me. Spirit of Everquest my dying azz!
  13. sadre Augur

ok. Things just got real. Think carefully.

"We are replacing the home plate umpire with Fair Play, the friendly home plate robot."

What's yer blood pressure?
  14. Triconx Augur

These complaints are basically a copypasta of every. single. tlp. None of the complaints are Oakwynd specific.

Slow exp? Outside of Selo's, which TLP had fast exp? Oakwynd will in the not too distant future so this complaint is just a matter of being impatient and wanting instant gratification.

Anti-social? Every single server has multi-boxers. This is nothing but a red herring of an argument.

Pre-made groups? Are you kidding with that complaint? You're complaining people have...friends?! God forbid friends meet up and play a video game together. The absolute blasphemy. I can't imagine the outrage if people had bbq parties together for Memorial Day weekend and not every random stranger on the street is invited!
    sadre and Skuz like this.
  15. mcsleezy Elder

Wrong.

I have played on every single TLP.

I never had problems finding people to group with.

Ever.

Some people can't dedicate their entire life to a game 24/7 for a week straight to sit in static premade groups trying to get 50 as soon as possible.

Not to mention the fact that this is a NURSERY server for babies who can't handle a DPS race.

The slow exp is just icing on the cake on top of all the other problems.

Edit: I find it hilarious you think I don't have friends. I had plenty of chances to get in premade static groups. I just don't have the luxury of being able to play as long as I want from launch until 50. These groups aren't inviting people who have to go to work, or do other chores and have to log out for a few hours at a time.
  16. Olestra Elder

you know what the great thing is? you don't HAVE to play on that server! What a life hack!
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quick, call a...

[IMG]

And I just realized I probably fell into a trap, incoming mandatory straight-jacket in 3....2...
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I love people who have managed to somehow erase their memory of what EQ was like before Krono.

You never heard of Yantis or MySuperSales.com?
    How about Brock Pierce?

Well, if you haven't they & many others made EQ awful.

They gave us a 24/7 visual wall of suck - constant spam from hundreds of plat-selling shills that polluted every channel of every server.
    Many people simply switched off every chat channel & stumped up for only chatting in guild rather than waste their lives trying to put the thousands of names selling plat on their ignore list & running out of space.

Thank goodness for Krono, long may the RMT market (that existed long before Krono) help keep EQ's lights on, developers fed & watered, its server maintenance crew supplied with caffeine infused beverages even on xmas day, and the C-Suite executives in company cars for a long time to come.
    sadre and code-zero like this.
  19. kenmei Augur

Problem with Skuz's 'facts'..
    Everquest been sold more times than you can count.
    evidence doesnt match your 'facts'
    because successful companies dont get passed around like a hot potato.
  20. Chopsuey Augur

120/80