Successful Oakwynd Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PandAura, May 25, 2023.

1. sadre Augur

I'm telling you, guys, this FTE stuff, it's an ace!
  2. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

Is 6+ boxing allowed on Oakwynd
  3. Doze Augur

4. PandAura New Member

Its a true box server, so its supposed to be only if you have 6 different computers is that allowed. But we all see the botting 6 boxers clearly not on 6 different machines that daybreak seemingly never takes action against.
  5. Vlahkmaak Augur

At best you see 6 toons, possibly on auto follow, using in game macro commands: How can you tell through the interwebs that they are not on 6 different computers?
    code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  6. Kraked Augur

You have yet to even really experience the FTE mechanic.
    Starter zones/cities are riddled with NPCs to kill, once people get into Lguk and other crowded zone is when you will really start to see the mechanic in action.

I personally think FTE is still broken and needs more fine tuning, no way has it made anything less toxic.
    People are still running NPCs over groups, taking npcs that are nowhere near the location they are setup / etc.
  7. Trevalon Augur

Good to hear that the launch was smoother and people could get on and play...

That being said, the defense of Oakwynd that it had a small queue does not actually say good things about the server...it just says almost no one is playing on it compared to other TLPs.

Of course its not a DOA server, but I am gonna be curious about how it is in 2-3 months. I think the fast unlock of classic/kunark/velious is great, but 20 weeks in PoP is insane...guess well see. I hope it does well for those who play there, but only time will tell
  8. Dalyrina Elder

I'd say it's a pretty bold statement to say this has been a successful experiment 24 hrs into launch and when probably like 75% of the server hasnt made it out of noob yard/overland zones.

With that being said, I did appreciate the harmless zombie mobs that ignored me a handful of times as people were running around blackburrow like a chicken with their head chopped off.

The delay after spawn can be sort of annoying, but probably something that people will get accustomed to quickly.
  9. Kunfo Augur

How do you know it's not DOA? I saw Zaide quit the server today before even hitting 50, the queue stopped after 5 hours, tons of bugs still in FTE even for the few people who would enjoy it working as intended. I would looooove to see the comparison data vs. Mischief at the same time or even Yelinak.
    Kraked likes this.
  10. Dalyrina Elder

The new UI would like a word with you.
    Tucoh and Velisaris_MS like this.
  11. Karthos Augur

Server seems fine from what I've seen. Comparing it to mischief isn't fair, but if someone has numbers to compare with yelinak, that would be interesting.
  12. Kunfo Augur

You're right, it isn't fair. Mischief launched with Thornblade so it should have had half the population Oakwynd currently does when it launched. Do you think that's the case?
  13. Karthos Augur

You can't compare Mischief to the others because of the wildly different rulesets.
  14. Kunfo Augur

Yes I can, because that's how you determine what ruleset the playerbase wants...
    Vetis and Doze like this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe he got bored of soloing to 50 before quitting yet again & just decided to skip to the end.
  16. Muramx Augur

Yeah with 6 computers I saw a mage army of 12 last night...
  17. PandAura New Member

This is big. I'll go tell everyone enjoying the server they shouldn't be because some irrelevant youtube guy quit the server.
    Protocol likes this.
  18. Trevalon Augur

Zaide quit because hes committed to Mischief. He was just doing the race for the funs of it, and as we all suspected FTE has problems especially as you get higher in levels.

I wouldn't say that because he quit the server is dead, the server will have people play on it, if nothing else cause it is different than past TLPs...I just suspect it will be a lower pop TLP server.
  19. Ruiner Elder

Best i can tell there were 2 groups racing to max. I've never actually seen that from a new TLP launch. I suspect this server will be very, very casual.
  20. Koshk Augur

The User Interface would like to have a chat with you.
    Sissruukk and Doze like this.