Playing on Oakwynd I just realized.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, May 25, 2023.

1. mcsleezy Elder

Ultra slow exp, non social players, either people want to solo, box, or play in their premade groups.

It's actually the opposite of fun.
  2. Kunfo Augur

It's almost like the mechanics of the server were changed specifically to reduce your ability to interact with/help other players!
    Moraeulf, sadre, Doze and 2 others like this.
  3. MMOer Augur

There are alot of boxers and you arnt wrong it will be a box solo server in the end. However I have been grouping non stop since level 2.

I dont solo ever except to grind gear or loot.
  4. Obliteration Elder

Talk to people or don't.

Ball is in your court, no one is going out of their way to talk to you.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ultra Slow XP:
    Every server should be Selo-Speed XP by now, anything less than that is absolute garbage, I don't want to hear your BS excuses about it being many times faster than Phinigel was, and that even Phinigel at its slowest was still faster than Live in 1999, I want Selo EXP or I am gonna complain to the Manager!

Non-social players:
    I was on the server for hours & none of the groups I was near could be bothered to invite me, I shouldn't have to make an effort on a freshly launched TLP dagnabbit!!!!
    The sheer audacity of friends who have known each other for years grouping together!, The bloody nerve of them, why do they not care about us random nobodies they never met before in their life????
    Everybody is boxing, man I hate boxers so much, they ruin every server, it doesn't matter that they wouldn't group with my whiney a$$ anyway.

Opposite of Fun:
    Nobody is playing the way that I want them to, MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM tell 'em!

/sarcasm off
    Doze, code-zero, Vazz and 5 others like this.
  6. brickz Augur

this, but unironically
    WeCameWeConquered, ForumBoss and Nymm like this.
  7. mcsleezy Elder

Mad because someone doesn't love oakwynd.

This is precious.

You bring literally 0 substance to the discussion but thank you.

The server is boring and slow paced and people are anti social.
    wade_watts, Moraeulf and Muramx like this.
  8. mcsleezy Elder

I talked to multiple people, no one was interested in grouping.
    Moraeulf likes this.
  9. mcsleezy Elder

It's not whine.

It's legitimate arguments against the server.

It's boring.
    Moraeulf and Nymm like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In terms of grouping Oakwynd is not going to be much different to any prior "standard rules" TLP, which means there will be boxers, trueboxing, a few boxers abusing 3rd party programs to get around Truebox, some friends who know each other already who decided to team up & there will be a good handful of players just like you among some very anti-social types who are dyed-in-the-wool soloers.

It takes effort to form groups, a few people is rookie numbers, you need to be chatting to as many people as possible and being determined and not easily swayed, if all of that effort requirement makes the server boring then the entirety of EQ will bore you to death because TLP during launch month is about as lively as EQ ever gets. You may need to look at another game.

Groups are out there, but they are never going to just fall in your lap, you gotta put the effort in, social engineering is not an easy pass-time.
    code-zero and Koshk like this.
  11. Kunfo Augur

If people don't need to worry about losing mobs to real players, why would they not 6 box and monopolize as many tags as possible? Much less grouping is another pretty foreseeable consequence of this FTE thing.
  12. Kraked Augur

The first week is always a toss up because a majority of the players are in premade groups to rush to 50.
    Server is still a joke and many are already leaving because the exp rate is complete trash and FTE is still BORKED!
    Seeing bugs that were reported that were still not fixed... not acceptable by any means.
    Moraeulf likes this.
  13. brickz Augur

most people 6 boxing don't pull very quickly so with FTE its actually easier for randoms to take their mobs
  14. JediWizard New Member

The points that the OP posted, were some of the reasons I chose not to play on the TLP as well. The real spirit of Everquest died years ago.... One of the other reasons I dont like the TLP servers is because of Krono. Its stupid and it ruins the core of the game. I shouldnt have to buy Krono just to buy gear because someone doesent wanna share a camp or just perma camps everything.
  15. mcsleezy Elder

Skuz has those rose colored classic glasses on though.
  16. mcsleezy Elder

Every other TLP I have had no problems finding groups early on.

The vibe on oakwynd is a bunch of krono lords in a mad rush and don't want anyone standing in their way or god forbid getting a chance to roll on loot.

The funny thing is this server is gonna be dry for a krono farm.

The only people playing on it are people trying to get the krono.
    Moraeulf and Nymm like this.
  17. Arclyte Augur

in a group of 6, yellow cons are giving around 8% exp

what are you people smoking
    RandallTheBard likes this.
  18. pinco Lorekeeper

Myself and 2 other friends decided to 2 box each,we decided to join the same guild,we are having a blast together.we only lvl these characters together.
  19. pinco Lorekeeper

Join a guild,lots of guilds has starting day group google documents to put you name to join a group.
  20. Gio1999 Augur

The unspoken thing is that people want groups, but they want groups to be available when they want to play and happen to need the class they chose to play as. There's a give and take, but most players just want to take.
    Skuz likes this.