Next time there is a mandatory patch prior to a TLP launch...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paladin42069, May 25, 2023.

1. Paladin42069 New Member

Maybe announce it? There was literally no indication at all. Even now there exists no current paper trail on the forums/discord for that hotfix. No mention from the chatty devs on discord in the lead up. "hey don't forget to logout and patch before Oakwynd launch guys, or you won't be able to login". Nope, just continuous pet pics and memes.
    I was already logged in the game prior to the launch so really had no indication. Normally you can't even pick a server when you need to patch. This caused many people to randomly disconnect at character select after already queuing for a long period, and losing their place. Answers and advice to patch didn't begin to appear until after the first round of disconnects.
    I was among the first round let in, but unfortunately then had to wait 3 hours again and was unable to secure any name I had my sights set on, which I've used on the last several TLPs.
    Personally this killed my enthusiasm to play, at least for now.
    Koshk and WeCameWeConquered like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hot fix was an hour before Oakwynd came up and there was a notification at that time that you needed to repatch, was also discussed at that time in Vet lounge in discord when other server could not log in second accounts on 1 machine.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You can't see the announcement if you keep your eyes closed
    code-zero likes this.
  4. WeCameWeConquered Elder

I was in game hours before and up to 15 minutes before launch and saw no message. Also, vet lounge in discord is not the place a player would look for a TLP launching.

OP is right - communication was poor.
    Koshk likes this.