Fixed Internally Fullscreen mode lag after the patch

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Iven, May 18, 2023.

1. Iven Antonius Bayle

2. Graag Baash New Member

Henryfogg and Claius like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any update on getting this fixed?
    Claius likes this.
  4. Ryanald New Member

Does "Confirmed" mean that a fix is imminent?
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

It just means that they've confirmed the bug exists. If the status changes to "fixed internally", that means it'll be fixed on the next patch (usually).
  6. Iven Antonius Bayle

Additionally it can mean that the bug has a high priority of getting resolved.
  7. Peter_The_great Elder

GOOD FOR YOU! NOW, THAT DID NOT SOLVE THE OP's PROBLEM DID IT?

CAN WE STOP ''It wOrks FiNe FoR mE'' for now on? =) Okeeeey

THE LAZY DEVS HAS NOT YET FIXED THE CONTRAST BUG!
    OR THE LOW FPS FEELING
    OR THE STUTTERING

THE DEVS DOES NOT CARE! STOP PAY FOR THIS GAME AND THEY WILL START TO FIX IT!

I have already stopped to play Everquest due to all its bad coding.. And I will NOT return.

Yes, I had some other friends that also stopped to play Everquest thanks to this laziness from the DEVS.

AAAAAND THERE GOES +20 ACCOUNTS OFFLINE! BYE BYE!
  8. Knifen Augur

Actually you momo, the statement I was responding to was quoted, Alt Tabbing in windowed mode is not easily possible in windows 10. It is, we figured what his problem was for that. Now since you have quit playing everquest and are not returning, how bout you dont return to the forums either.
  9. Spliskin Journeyman

While I'm glad the bug is confirmed, will it be fixed any time soon? I hate cancelling my 4 gold accounts but don't see any benefit in continuing to pay unless this will be fixed. Thanks for all the fun since 1999.
  10. Ryanald New Member

If a PM or Dev doesn't respond on this soon I'm going to assume not and just cancel my boxes.
  11. Perihelion Journeyman

Alt-tab lag ruins game but least of my worries.......Subsequent to playing a character full screen, camping and returning to the character select screen, all buttons there are non-functional - I cannot select another character to play, I cannot return to the game, and I am unable to log out. Playing on a Win10 machine I have to open Task Manager and End Task on the game to get out of it and then go through the entire log in process if I want to play another character!
    What I am doing now is entering the "/loadskin old_ui " instruction for each character in the "Main Chat" command line entry box - I do see that skin as a selection in the "Options- Load UI Skin" box now.

However, either way, I am not getting my toolbars back or the songs I have twisted, etc.
    I have the <CharacterName><ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini and the
    UI<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini) files in the "old_ui" folder as instructed...I know these files have data in them but they are not bringing back my character toolbars, scripts, etc.

After 20 years in game not sure how much time I want to spend on researching and recreating toolbars and scripts for a dozen characters.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

I hope that you made backups of the character files. They do not belong into the UI folder. Move them to the main directory while all clients are closed !
  13. Perihelion Journeyman

Thank you for jumping in on this! I was following the instructions of the "Support Team" and your solution is a breath of fresh air...my toolbars, etc. are back!

IF I STAY in windowed mode I can play now (but will need jeweler's glasses to read button text) and Character Select screen functions after a character camps. Full screen still causes problems I listed along with alt-tab lag, but I will try to clean up character UI boxes and layouts for windowed mode and hope for a patch to return full screen functionality someday.
  14. Henryfogg Journeyman

I too have noticed this but zero lag while in windowed mode. this is so round and making is very hard to operate multiple accounts at the same time without wiping occasionally due to having to wait out the black screen. Is there any way to force a borderless windows? or any solve for this issue outside of playing in windowed mode with the ugly top bar?
  15. Iven Antonius Bayle

"They" are already working on the problem and a patch should happen in two weeks or earlier.
  16. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Also the 4 files that need to be in their new sub folder were EQUI_Inventory.xml , EQUI_QuantityWnd.xml , EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml , and EQUI_StoryWnd.xml for the white screen work around. It may help with your full screen issue. This will give you your old set up back. After making the sub folder and naming it something else then log in and go to options and click load UI skin.
  17. Yukaan the Bear Journeyman

For those who play in full screen just so it takes up the whole screen, you can manipulate the eqclient.ini file to make windowed mode look like full screen. This can be a intermittent fix until they fix the issue.

You go into the eqclient.ini file and make the window a little bigger, and offset it a little. It takes a couple trial and errors, but on a 1440 monitor, this works for me.

Its about 30 - 40 rows down.

WindowedModeXOffset=-8
    WindowedModeYOffset=-32

and the skip 4 rows

RestoredWidth=2560
    RestoredHeight=1441

I know it doesn't help with the gamma, but hope it helps with the sizing until they fix it,
    Wulfhere and Cmaxx like this.
  18. Henryfogg Journeyman

Even with the new work around the lag remains..
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Mcrush New Member

I am seeing less and less people logging to EQ due to this bug. We are not a big guild so loosing 1 or 2 people can cause problem and possible cause chain reaction of people quitting. I personally run 24 toons and if I cant raid with my friends, I might as well closing my accounts soon. This patch introduce so much lag and UI change which is unnecessary. I have a very beefy PC, my cpu usage used to be around 50% but now it's nonstop at 100%.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Subpoena Journeyman

My 3 boxes are now cancelled. An update or ETA on the full screen alt-enter / alt-tab lag issue would be much appreciated.
    Yinla likes this.