Fixed Oakwynd: Pet on Guard

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Moege, May 25, 2023.

1. Moege Augur

Put a necro pet on guard and it starts spamming your window with following all of this in 1 second over and over.

[ ] Your attack failed because your target is Encounter Locked to someone else.
  2. Payton New Member

Charm pet window isnt closing after breaks and makes you think its still charmed which I'm sure some know BUT also charm pet guard is borken..............it just spams red text non stop if you use it
  3. Meeko Developer(Code)

Thanks for the report. As you indicate, the issue is caused by having a pet on "Guard" and bringing an NPC locked to someone else close.

The messages are using the "Melee > Melee Warnings" filter if you'd like to filter them to a hidden chat window until we can get this fixed.
  4. Moege Augur

Yeah no. filtering to hidden window is just going to generate gigabytes of logs. I would not recommend that !
    Don't even need to bring a NPC close, anywhere I tried this it spammed this message.
  5. Corydon Augur

Category: Other [Can Repro]

Character: Level 20 Magician

Description: As a mage, wenn I set my pet to "guard" mode, the combat log will be flooded with FTE error spam all the time very rapidly. It basically makes it impossible to use that pet feature. (Pet will guard but the spam will scroll away relevant combat text.)

The error spammed is:
    "Your attack failed because your target is Encounter Locked to someone else."

The error occurs regardless if I have an actual target or not. It shows when I (my pet) am not in combat.

When the pet is in combat with a mob, the spam stops. When the pet is idle and guarding, the spam starts. When I command the pet to "follow" me, the spam stops. As soon as I put it into "guard" mode, the spam starts again.

It doesnt matter if there are other players around. The spam also starts when there are not even mobs nearby like right at the Unrest zoneline in Dagnor's Cauldron. I think this might be related to a guarding pet always facing the closest mob. Please fix. Thx.
    Numiko likes this.
  6. Numiko Augur

getting same thing happening with my SK pet when put in guard mode.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

Sounds like pet attack only works if the mob you tell them to attack is assigned to you. So when the mob is assigned to null (noone or assigned to someone else) you can't send your pet to attack it.
  8. Gengrel Lorekeeper

Can we please fix the charm pet spam. The only way i can get it to stop is if i have my pet sit, it fills up logs and wayyyyyyy to fast. Thanks

This is for a druid befriend animal but i heard it happens with enchanters too, assuming all pet charms
    Yinla and brickz like this.
  9. Gengrel Lorekeeper

[Mon May 29 16:42:20 2023] Your attack failed because your target is Encounter Locked to someone else.
    [Mon May 29 16:42:20 2023] Your attack failed because your target is Encounter Locked to someone else.
  10. Bruteforce New Member

Yes if I set my mage pet to guard it spams this until I put it on sit or follow.
  11. brickz Augur

It happens when you guard a pet and it "looks" at nearby npcs, every time the npc it's looking at moves, it updates and gives you the encounter lock message.

Actually, it's just happening regardless if the mob is moving or not it seems
    Gengrel likes this.
  12. Gengrel Lorekeeper

speaking of pets man...i need to search for the pet window bug
  13. Meeko Developer(Code)

This issue has been fixed internally. The fix will go Live with the June update.
    Emilari, kizant and Knifen like this.
  14. Grogus New Member

Category: Dialogs [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sat Jun 10 13:53:45 2023

Character: Level 5 Necromancer (Main)
    Zone: Paineel

Target NPC: Leber
    Target Location: 750.25, 836.12, -23.87, 466.75

Description: When putting Necromancer pet to guard (either through pet window or /pet guard command) the main chat window gets spammed with "Your attack failed because your target is Encounter Locked to someone else"
    This is with the level 4 necromancer pet (Leering Corpse) and I am not in a fight or near anybody, nothing is targeted. Typing anything in Main chat immediately is gone as the Encounter locked message continues to spam the chat window. Message stops spamming when you put pet to follow. No other pet commands seem to cause this issue.
    Problem noted to be present in Paineel, and Tox forest (haven't ventured further yet) and on both spell level 1 and 4 pets.
    Edit: After playing around with it a bit it seems that when the pet spins to face the closest target in guard stance that the issue occurs. If you are in battle or have the pet focused on a target the message does not occur. When the target is dead and the pet returns to its guard location it spins to face the closest target and the encounter lock spam resumes.