AFK toons in GD

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tankard, May 13, 2023.

1. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Make them not stackable.

Then you recreate the old Diablo Ring Stone of Jordan price cap. :p
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Since DBG's isn't doing anything about the bot Lords the only way to get rid of them is stop giving them plat and Kronos. Stop buying PL's and items from them. If they keep a mob hostage, go elsewhere, leave them alone. The bot Lords make enough to live off of, they make enough to hire people to do some of the footwork. A lot of people continue to support them by feeding them Kronos, they'll even make justifications why they do.

Stop feeding them, they'll leave. But if you insist on buying PL's and items from them, they'll continue as long as there's EQ.
    FYAD likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Boycotts won't work as the people complaining are not the the customer base.

Doing anything at all to Krono will not work since the operations are RMT and they'll go back to their original model of direct pay which their client base had traditionally used. In fact dropping Krono would make their operations more efficient as they wouldn't need to deal with a traceable object in game.
    alanus and Andarriel like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I have recently gotten a random rare drop. I would like to sell it for a wind fall.
  5. Windance Augur

I like it! Having him park an hug fat toon right in front of the small bank is super annoying.

DB could stop them. They choose not to.
    Bobokin and Nennius like this.
  6. Bobokin Augur

How do we know it isn't an inside job or at least one with inside connections?
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The fact that they repeatedly choose not to, is how we pretty much know it IS an inside job/connections.
  8. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Jchan's side hustle.
  9. Slasher Augur

side hussle that powerlevel dude in general on every server makes more than jchan does.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They perform an essential function for DPG as they vacuum up Kronos and push the plat prices higher. Which makes people more likely to drop $18 instead of hours of plat farming.

They’re never going away. I wouldn’t be surprised either, if it was some CS person earning extra cash, after seeing all these complaints and tickets over this stuff.
  11. Bobokin Augur

I asked one of these players how many characters he brings into a raid, and he said it was "more than 30." That's a pretty high number of updated expac accounts, and I don't even know if that was the same outfit. Of course, I am sure they are all run by ALT-TAB on a 10 year old HP.