Laurion's Song Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, May 23, 2023.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I wonder if one of the expansion zones will be Loruella (Ondine home)?
    Hobs and Skuz like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

True, but we've had two with 4 words (LDoN, CotF), and one with 1 (Underfoot). Or was there more to the name than just Underfoot?

I'm still holding out for expacs with initials SoB and PoS ;)
    Hobs, demi and Grove like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Interesting, hopefully this is as fun as TBL was but with less of the zone locking, one locked zone is plenty to work on.
    Hobs likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I prefer to forget that they exist.
    Hobs and Andarriel like this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Forget who exists? :)
    Hobs, Yinla and Fanra like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

No, or not the Planes themselves at least, maybe related somewhat to Rallos
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

I drew PoP because Fanra quoted "In the vast and treacherous Reef of Coirnav, where shimmering depths and powerful currents ruled", which Reef of Coirnav is the other name for plane of water.

Why are you thinking Rallos?
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. Emilari UI Designer

At least one of the zone names directly refers to the Nokk Ogres (the people that inhabited Crescent Reach before the Drakkin) and Rallos is connected to Ogres.

Another one directly references the Ankexfen (goblin precursor race) - also connected to Rallos.

Oddly though, another is the Unkempt Woods (north of the Plains of Karana), and another is Timorous Falls (likely connected to Timorous Deep - which is the ocean south of Faydwer and surrounding Kunark).

While there's certainly some water themes going on with Laurion and Timorous, there are other themes that don't necessarily indicate the entire expansion is based off of PoP.
    Hobs, Riou and Kaenneth like this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You know, since this is a fantasy world with teleportation, there's no rule that says they can't have each zone from a totally different area...:cool:
    Hobs, Yinla and Sissruukk like this.
  10. Emilari UI Designer

Definitely! I'm merely confused and intrigued as to how the expansion is going to connect the lore for the Nokk, Ankexfen (Rallos; Antonica), with the undead and werewolves (Unkempt Woods; Antonica), with Laurion (Plane of Water), and Timorous (Faydwer/Kunark/Water), and the elements I don't recognize like whatever Pal`Lomen is about.

I'm looking forward to this expansion and seeing what they do with the lore.
    Hobs likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Could be like SoD, with a lot of seemingly random zones connected by a central story, with some sort of hub/gateway zone.
    Hobs, Yinla and Emilari like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

It possibly extends some of also the lore from the anniversary quests at least the one about finding the non stupefied Ogres/Giants/etc Rallos Creations who were hidden away during the Rathe Invasion thing as well as the Nokk mission from CR
    Emilari likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

Problem with that lore is it can't really be sourced anywhere? Unless it was lost to time

Looking at google for them there is basically nothing of old pop era lore about it

Otherwise possibly not many if any of the zones sound Plane like
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Maybe Plane of Water has dried up......we can live in hope. :)

I dislike water zones with a passion. :mad:
  15. Rolaque Ancient

Good to sea forum quest alive and doing quite well. Thank you all.
  16. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

I’m thinking that the anniversary mission has a abit of lore for this expansion also, just like last years was about the spirits and stuff in Shar Vahl leading us to NoS
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I "sea" what you did there ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Highwizard Augur

Was the plane of water pretty un popular? Doing anything in water seems like pretty bad game play in EQ.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

From the datamined zone name list it doesnt seem like there is a water zone, but if there is I doubt there will be any underwater fighting. Look at ocean of tears or the buried sea. Lots of water but content is still on land.
    Hobs likes this.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Which are?