Strange Guild issue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Taemek, May 25, 2023.

1. Taemek Lorekeeper

So I made a guild on a character on another server a few days ago just to get my head around it again in prep for Oakwynd.

I didn't know guild names were server wide linked now and deleted the character 24 hours ago that was the leader of the guild.

When I try and make the guild on Oakwynd now it says you cant because there is already a guild with that name on another server.

Any suggestions on how to fix please?
  2. Xhartor Augur

Did you /guilddelete?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've petitioned in the past and the GMs sorted it for me, as long as it is the same account as the first guild was created. I have a guild on AB and a guild on BB with the same name.
  4. Taemek Lorekeeper

No unfortunately because I was not aware that Guild names register was server wide and I didnt even think to do it prior to deleting the character.
  5. Iyacc Augur

Back in the day if you created a guild, you owned that name and could form it on every server with the originating account. Some years back, that changed and it's only good on one server now but blocks use on all others.

If you didn't break it entirely, you will likely have to petition for help.

for kicks, create the same character name on originating server and see if that toon can create the guild again? Maybe you an hack your way in, lol.
  6. Taemek Lorekeeper

Yeah I tried that, no luck unfortunatey, petition it is, cheers.
    Iyacc likes this.