Convince me to ride the Oakwynd test TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xerxes, May 24, 2023.

1. Xerxes New Member

I am already close.

I am also considering breaking the chains that EQ has on me and boxing two rogues - maybe two will pick those locks this ancient game has on me......
  2. Crashdummy Elder

Ridiculous, it is time for me to break my standard mold of a mage plus something else, going to test out a druid rogue combo on my 2 box, if nothing else it will be new, but hopefully fun.
  3. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

I don't think I want to convince anyone to join this server. I really wanted to get into some EQ, but Oakwynd just isn't it. Two rogues sounds awful though, you should reconsider.
    Xangeon66 and Draxx like this.
  4. Overcast451 Augur

I'll probably check it out, why not? Don't like it, don't stay - is my thinking.

Hard part for me is if I should two box and what I should play. Kinda leaning towards a single character and just one account, but often when I do that - later on, I'll be PLing a toon on the other account.. lol
    Xerxes likes this.
  5. Iyacc Augur

[IMG]
    Xerxes likes this.
  6. Napharious New Member

Bruh. You can't do that! You need to have a polarizing toxic point-of-view. To speak of logic and choice? *gasp*
    Xerxes and Xoee-Stromm like this.
  7. Xoee-Stromm New Member

If you're already here, and on the fence, then just go ahead and check it out. I'm mildly concerned that FTE will have a ton of unintended consequences, but I really want to play a level 1 again on a fresh server. If it's totally broken, then the worst is me being out one month sub cost.

Or you could wait a few days to a week to see the feedback from players, but I'd say just go for it.
  8. Sakuraba Augur

Don't think anyone can convince you but you to be honest.

A fresh server with some new bonuses/etc as the server gets older doesn't sound too bad to me, personally. Never hurts to dip one's toes in though, you can leave any time xD
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  9. urbanbo70 Elder

Go look in the mirror and convince yourself.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Show support to the DPG team and their bold choice to improve the game with FTE by buying a couple subs and couple (or more) bags for your new rogues. If folks don't buy into Oakwynd, they won't be reassured by their design choices and might have to re-evaluate their design process that led to it.

But if people are enjoying Oakwynd even while boxing two rogues? That's a clear signal they are on the right path.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Alarya Augur

Rogue and Shaman would be a better combo, but the DS and ports are incising!
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you need convincing then you should definitely not be on it, why go into it half-hearted?
  13. Defenestrated Vase It happened out of sheer carelessness.

They were making fun of Trump's small hands and because of that I am now giggling over what I am seeing here :D
  14. toasty4800 Elder

It's just another boring classic experience.

Only it's worse this time because of the ruleset.

So if you want to spend 1000 hours killing undead frogs go for it.

Otherwise there are better servers, for example mischief.
  15. Valyn New Member

Better to start half-heartedly now while the max is 50 then to start whole heartedly when it's 60 and you need 100 AAs to be relevant. Rogue + Necro can be fun. Double rogue would be okay with fungi and epics to a point. Double rogue on the same account so you can raid everything twice would be money.