I see complaints about the queue. This is good news.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 24, 2023.

1. MMOer Augur

I see some complaints about the queue and I think this is good. This tells me there are more new players trying out the TLP then I would have guessed.

Rest assured this is normal my new friends.

Read meeps pinned post about how the login queue works while you wait.

My guess was 1 to 2 hour queue the first night. No queue by night two. Let's see how accurate I am.

I'd be surprised if the queue hit 3 or 4 hours tonight.

I'm at work typing with my thumbs so I'll keep it short but this is very normal. The code is old and they worked out how to slowly let people in to keep the servers from crashing.

People rush the first night to reserve names.. fart around and log off.. then it clears up.

To people who crash upon load in and have to requeue, its rare but you can rage.

If you crash on load becuase you are making 10 name reservations well... that is the price of greed and we will all laugh at you.

If you get in and want to play....stay in and try not to zone. If you must make sure the risk is worth the bisq
  2. Voraxia Journeyman

So good I quit, and went to heroes of the storm and Diablo 4. Dont you worry I am sure after june second it will be a ghost town for ya.
  3. Beezeex New Member

they should have released 2 servers like they normally do.
  4. Kraked Augur

I disagree on this being "normal".
    Normally, people are not DCing immediately after character creation while not even loading into the starting cities.
    Most DC's from a TLP start occur during the zoning process because the zones have not been spun up yet. Starting cities are usually not an issue from my experience.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Voraxia Journeyman

Mine kicked out after it got my hopes up in the character creator and kicked me. That ruined the entire thing for me.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is just a temporary problem and not worth the time and money to setup and later merge a second server.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Don't panic, it's just the annual swarm of Golums decending upon yet another server to prevent anyone stealing their precious (name).
    Laronk and MMOer like this.
  8. Crashdummy Elder

Well, on unlock i was 1 minute out, more than 2 hours on, am now 2 hour out and according to status server pop is now very high, so much for no one wanting to play on it.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. MMOer Augur

It should start clearing out a bit.

Im hoping. Like I said before.. I will be really surprised if we see 4 hour queues.

Maybe more people like the new system than I thought???
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1st day is not the way to judge TLP's. even the much maligned Miragul was packed out for a day or two.

If it's full to bursting a month in I will be surprised, most tlp get calm fast.
    Pops Racer likes this.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

No, this is terrible news. There's no incentive to create a server with a good ruleset because you people will always play on whatever terrible idea they come up with.
    filthytlpplayer likes this.
  12. MMOer Augur

From your point of view, this is correct.

However, by all measures this is not a very popular server so I'm sure that what you want will reflect in their reports... unless they are like my co-works and just twist the data and spin the narrative to their bosses ,lol
  13. Sakuraba Augur

The forums are an extremely vocal minority.
  14. Karthos Augur

No one plays on Oakwynd. It's too crowded.
    Kaenneth likes this.