Honest Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tyranthraxus, May 22, 2023.

1. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Why can't the crisp clear font that EQ has always had in it's UI be used in the new UI?

Window selector moved to new UI great, not an issue, but why isn't it legible?
    Eshoon, Mesil, Conq and 1 other person like this.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

3. Riou EQResource

New UI engine prob just doesn't render font the same
    Emilari likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

If the best the new engine can do is blurry font, then maybe it's a bad engine?
    Angahran, Lucentio and Yinla like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't mean it is the best it can do. Likely just need to work on tweaking more settings.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which should have been done before putting it on live!
    Graag Baash likes this.
  7. Riou EQResource

Don't think its been used on an mmo style game with constant windows open/popping open, so it is possible
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not going to disagree with you on that but that doesn't change what I said.
    minimind likes this.
  9. Bobokin Augur

The question is not only if it can do better but if it uses too many resources. Lag is a killer.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that wasn't what I was responding to.
  11. Bobokin Augur

And that was my thought on the matter.
  12. Fenanebae Terrwyn Lorekeeper

Hey don't worry guys, now that we got banestrike checks fixed to clear up lag it made room for the UI lag now. One step forward 7 backwards.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While that may be it has nothing to do with comments on font and rendering fonts
  14. Bobokin Augur

Unless it causes lag from the new engine, and it has already been causing lag.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think that the blurry font rendering is what is causing the lag with the new UI engine.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

They could if they are rasterized vs bitmapped. We had a similar problem with this in a football game I helped beta test years ago.