Enad Global 7 stock jumps after US activist investor pushes for sale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by jeskola, May 22, 2023.

1. jeskola pheerie

2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

6% owner wishes they had enough votes to matter, news at 11
    Koshk, Nennius and B0HICA like this.
  3. Szilent Augur

What a weird letter. "I think you should chop off 10% of the company to put in my bank account, I'm sure you'll be fine" and "you should sell while the market is undervaluing you" are just …like, bizarrely on the nose re: "ask for stupid crap, the worst they can say is no." Why in the world would that increase the stock price? Is this just a thing where because it's an open letter it doesn't violate some (EU version of the) SEC rules for price manipulation?
    Nennius, Ozon, Svann2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Richgirl buys EQ, more to follow
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

Quick, EQ players unite, buy powerball tickets, win the big one, and buy DPG.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Makes me think someone is looking for a quick buck regardless of what it might do to the company.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Scila Augur

Anybody that owns voting stocks, sees this kind of thing in their voting agendas. It's nothing new. The stock owners have the ability to vote up or down any proposals and do their own research. What the "not so hidden" thing is, there are some companies that have more votes per share than others which puts proposals as a dead issue before they come up for a vote. It's noise.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

What he is saying makes no sense to me. He says that current management is good, but current management almost always takes a big hit when a company is sold. Not good.
  9. Monkeychunks Augur

Alta Fox, is a firm founded by hedge fund veteran Connor Haley. They tried to take down Hasbro chairman with similar tactics because they wanted them to spin off its Wizards of the Coast unit, which publishes "Dungeons & Dragons" and "Magic: The Gathering". Even with a new chairman they were not successful.

Fools.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Dirty deeds... done dirt cheap. :p
  11. Koshk Augur

It's a word crime even calling these people "investors."
    FYAD likes this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

EG7 Interim Report Q1 2023

Big Blue Bubble with Singing Monsters (a game bundle) now on rank 1 with 68% EBITDA in the game segment. To bad that the games are not listed separately. (Page 7)

Shareholders are listed on Page 27.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Board direct Daybreak Studios to enhance cash flows and leverage shareholder value amidst market headwinds.