Fixed Internally Zero checks when using a tradable expansion ticket that you already own

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Arial, May 23, 2023.

1. Arial New Member

I bought the friends and family NOS pack, that has the tradable NOS ticket. When attempting to hold down the right mouse button to open the item window to link it, it registered as a regular right click and used it without any confirmation box, absolutely no checks that I already owned the friends and family version, nothing. It just used it up and said congratulations and wasted it... just great. The lack of even the most basic check seems like a bad oversight for something that costs so much money. Please add a basic check. The ticket is the cheapest expansion version, so surely you can add a simple check that the person clicking it doesn't own any expansion version.
    Koshk likes this.
  2. Knifen Augur

I offer no solution, only curious what long left click is so I dont mess up in future. Anytime I just hold down a left click it makes a hot bar icon out of the item.

Alt and left click brings up the item with lore, but alas I have no item to test what your seeing on.
  3. Knifen Augur

ahh nm you mean long right click, didnt even know that was a thing. If I hold the right one down a window pops up with the item briefly, I can see how that could get you in trouble. For vewing items at least for now for you, use alt plus left mouse and you wont run into that.
  4. Arial New Member

Sorry, yeah, I meant holding down the right mouse button! I'll edit my post. Yeah, I held right mouse button down to get the window with the item, and then you can click on the little picture to link it to chat. But I guess I took my finger off the mouse too quickly and it registered as a single right click and ate the item because of the zero checks to see that I already own it. I don't know any other way to link an item, but if there is another way I'd love to know to avoid what happened in the future and not pointlessly have a $35 item eaten. o_O
  5. Knifen Augur

Alt and left click will safely bring up what you are trying to do.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Go ahead and submit a customer service request for a refund of the item.
    I'll look into adding a check.
    Carden, Conq, Fanra and 3 others like this.
  7. Mossaa Augur

Hi, There is no check if you use a contract for a new merc if you already have that merc. On some contracts there is hard to understand what merc they give. And if you have time, you can put in new titles, there is it also missing a check if you already have the title when you click the scroll for a new title.
    Knifen likes this.
  8. Knifen Augur

Could even let us preview what merc we are gonna get on the contract. For some reason I dont recall that being an option currently and not logged into game to check.