Inventory Screen always on top

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EagleTalon99, May 22, 2023.

1. EagleTalon99 Elder

Is Daybreak planning on fixing that issue? This has only been an issue since the last patch a couple weeks ago.

I don't have a large screen, and it makes is very frustrating doing tradeskills when my inventory window takes up such a large amount of my screen.
    Krazzi, Alarya, Conq and 3 others like this.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It will fix itself as other windows migrate to the top layer.
    Laronk, Emilari and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Emilari UI Designer

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Windance Augur

The work around is to use a custom inventory UI. That way its all drawn using the old UI
    Emilari and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Strawberry Augur

lol, you can't seriously argue that opening a backpack in a game and it hiding itself behind every other window is normal.

Can we see the UI code and revisions uploaded to a Github repository before we start arguing that an upside down UI is fine "Just turn your screen upside down".
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is saying that it is, just that this is a result of them having two ui engines running at the same time.
    Emilari likes this.
  7. Strawberry Augur

If there's a mutual understanding that this is unwelcome UI behavior, why was it pushed live to begin with.
    Bobbybick, Krazzi, Koshk and 4 others like this.
  8. Tyranthraxus Grognard

There shouldn't be 2 ui engines running at the same time, they didn't release a new ui, they released a couple windows, broken that are breaking the old ui.
    Lucentio likes this.
  9. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Vote with your wallet like I did and drop your subs/stay out of game until this crap blows over. Good time to hit the Steam/JRPG backlog I suppose!
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm just glad they are investing in the long term health of the game.

Should have started with less often needed windows first though. Like hair style change window, LDoN statistics, etc.
  11. Shanarias Augur

I have done likewise. Until they fix the inventory BUGS, I am done. I started playing a char last night, and I have NO idea how much money it has in the inventory.I also get way too many unpopulated windows.
  12. rudiny New Member

So daybreak is pushing us to custom UIs? That really sucks been using default since I started playing everquest. This inventory actually makes the game extremely difficult to use now. Great way to keep players playing, lets make it more difficult for them.
  13. sojuu Augur

Accidently posted under the wrong account. Just wanted to tie to this one so it doesn't look like a new account for someone already asking for a fix.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

After full conversion, the layering will work as expected, close to SUITE but may or may not be exactly for every window.

If you are running a partial Gameface custom UI it will be the same way. The reasoning for "custom UI" that people are recommending at the moment is that since DBG is still allowing full SUITE custom UIs instead of forcing hybrid custom UIs, so you can "trick" the system into loading on the SUITE engine for the "old" behavior. That is until they flip some switch to ignore SUITE for loading Gameface for converted windows.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Have you tried any of the custom UIs? After years using one, I can't imagine going back to the standard one.
    Dalrek_MM likes this.
  16. Mesc Old Soul

This is the Way.
    xcitng and Koshk like this.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

If the devs stop us from using Default or custom UI's to fix their updated UI pieces.. then I will be moving to another game.

It will be time for me to grow up and stop playing games.

I have dumped over $200 into the game since this UI change.. so I'm still supportive. . but if it goes away where eqinterface pieces won't work or we can't use what we are used to.. then I'm done.

.......... bots, programs 3rd party sales.. ui beta input to live.. what the heck is goin on.
    ..wrong decisions need to change.
    I am trying to be nice.
    I'm not in the mood to pay this game with the support turning a blind eye or bugs input into live.

It's starting to not work for me
  18. Koshk Augur

^
    If I pushed a broken UI like this, and then told my client "Hey, relax, it's totally fine because there's two UI engines in play for a while."

That nonsense wouldn't fly. Knowingly breaking a production environment like that? Ooof.
    xcitng and sojuu like this.
  19. Trenus New Member

I don't follow what has everyone so wound up about the UI here. If you inventory screen is staying on top, simply make a custom UI folder and copy the contents of the default UI folder to it. Then change to that new custom UI in your options. That should make it act like it did.

I am using Vert and just copied the selector window file to the UI folder after the new UI engine went live and started rendering the new version. It now renders like it used to. No other changes needed.
  20. Bobokin Augur

"The New UI Engine is Finally Here!"

Like it is a great thing to have the game gimped while this is in beta.

Daybreak developers knew it was broken and took, part of it, live anyway.