[Request] Apparitional raid drops (NoS)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 21, 2023.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

When we first saw these I thought "oh boy. Thats going to cause problems with raid loot is going out." But it really wasnt an issue after all.
  2. Cicelee Augur

So I have taken a 180 because of this thread. It is now my hope and dream that next expansion Beta, devs do not list any actual names in Beta for items. When expansion is released, all items will have no lore tab and everything will be named Essence of ________. I have some wonderful ideas-

Essence of Happiness- face
    Essence of Burden- shoulders (thanks Vishitmar)
    Essence of White- hands
    Essence of Lisfranc- feet
    Essence of Beating- chest
    Essence of Aching- back
    Essence of Apple- neck
    Essence of Flexing- sleeves

And I hope that those in favor of how the current lore tab is kills a named and has to decide what slot Essence of Piercing goes to and there is no third party website or lore tab to assist, and some rogue loots it hoping for their next weapon only to discover it makes an item for the ear...
    Mithra, Kaenneth, Fanra and 3 others like this.
  3. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

What you don't know what a lisfranc is? Maybe you should have paid more attention in med school, fool.
  4. Alnitak Augur

My like that! My Happy !
    As long as there is an Essence of Poking, and it's actually an ore for Leggings with Groin Protection armor. And NOT a rogue weapon.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Essence of Happiness- face Should be (Happy) Feet
    Essence of Burden- shoulders (thanks Vishitmar) - Shoulder My Burden!

Essence of Piercing - Item fits in all slots, because really, people have pierced every single part of their body
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Gonna reiterate my suggestion for a 'player lore' tab on items where people can create/share files, just like with the in game maps, with strings to display for items.

simple files with lines like:

[2303] Used for Warrior epic.

all client side, so zero effect on server performance.
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

8. Cicelee Augur

I only know ESPN tells me Lisfranc has something to do with feet. All my medical advice I get from Stephania Bell
    WFSBelaar likes this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I also suggested a player side ability to make notes for each item that would show in a new Notes tab for each item. Zero effect on server, as you said.

So often when I get items I have to lookup for the 500th time what it does, as I cannot remember every singe item.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Its significantly worse at the group level, where you only want a couple specific ones.

I cant give non-vis or weapons away at this point, except a 2h to a zerker every now and then, but still dont have enough of the right kind for all the augs i need.

You also cant trade the heaps of ones you dont want for the couple you do the way raid drops eventually work.

This change over time is potentially a small positive for raids vs old ores (I dont think it actually is once you get to a place where you stop needing specific drops, but that isnt yet. And you also lose the ability to target specific slots to people as needed), but its a significant negative for group drops.
  11. Daktarr Lorekeeper

They already did that in the House of Thule expansion, for example a Chest drop is Abstruse Remnant of Desire. However, you can right click the item to see it is to make a chest, unlike NoS.
    Yinla likes this.