[Request] Apparitional raid drops (NoS)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 21, 2023.

1. Metanis Bad Company

I absolutely deplore this current system.

And requiring 3rd party web sites to gain information about a core portion of your game should be a career ender! Although it has a long history with EQ.

I've lost track of the 3rd party sites I've donated to beginning with EQAtlas back in the day. Currently maintaining subscriptions to both EQResource and Allah. Will probably have to re-up Magelo now that he's hidden the Item Database behind Premium even though I hate Java apps.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Tell me how someone can look at a name Essence of Finesse and automatically know it is for one handed weapons. I will wait.
    Kaenneth and Metanis like this.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I really don't understand the resistance to this simple request. It feels like being obstinate just for the sake of it.
    Warpeace, Kaenneth, Svann2 and 4 others like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

No.one is.confused about belt buckles and earring clasps. People can be confused if they see essence of power, essence of finesse. Those are honestly the two that require a lore rag.

Now if you know all the other names that are easy to figure out and you narrow it down to just power and finesse, and you realize all that is left are one hand and two hand weapons... sure, one can deduce that power is a stronger weapon and 2 hand weapons are generally physically larger and more powerful. But let me ask you this-

Day 1 of Beta or Expansion. You have zero knowledge of anything in game. The first mob you see is a named. You kill it, and it drops an Essence of Finesse. You are going to sit there and tell me that when you see the item pop up in your advanced loot window, you automatically thought "Cool a one handed weapon". Be honest. Because it is super easy to run to an internet site, or it is super easy to figure out if you learn all the other names for all the other apparitions. But not so easy for someone on Day 1.
  5. Cadira Augur

*Keys up in voice chat program all raiding guilds use* "Hey, that finesse, what is it?"

*Half the guild* "One handers."

"Oh ok thanks!"

*Looks at idol polishing cloth, realizes idol has been used as the keyword for non-bow ranged items forever* "Oh that's gotta be a non-bow ranged item cool."

I don't care if they put item slot in the lore tab but....it's not hard. That's not an opinion, it's really not hard to figure out via common sense or asking a friend real quick.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that doesn't solve the problem for people who are not in a raiding guild and get a drop in a situation where no one knows what it means. Just because you can ask others who might know what the item is used for doesn't mean that it should be used as a justification as to why it shouldn't be listed on the item.
    Kaenneth and WFSBelaar like this.
  7. Alnitak Augur

Let's do even better. The Lore tab should also depend on your class and modify the text for you.
    Some thing like a rogue should read on Essence of Power tab: "do not even think about looting it, it's not for you, stop being greedy"

Seriosly, how did people even get to level 120 and being able to kill a named in NoS without knowing what "amice" or "idol" means in tradeskilled gear? Wasn't tradeskilled shoulder gear called "xxx Amice of Adroitness" since RoS? And the otherwordly ore is definitely for a tradeskilled gear. How can anybody be confused? (yes, the questions are rhetorical)

Indeed, essence of finess, of power, of heroism and of fortitude are new to NoS, but I also remember last October when the news about slot-specific expansion ores came out I have asked myself a question "I wonder, how do they call the ores for augs and weapons?". Literally, all other ores I could have guesstimated myself.

Could they have made some Lore tab more explanatory - yes they could have. Should they? Debatable. The life in EQ needs some shreds of mystery.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because those have been used for multiple things? Also those are not the only items that can cause players some confusion. What exactly is the issue with asking for that information displayed on the lore tab?
  9. Alnitak Augur

The issue is with the loss of mysteriousness of EQ. I am against it!
    I have already set up OnlyFools, PatreOn and GoFundMe pages in support of EQ Mystery legacy.
    If you wanna see mystery unveiled go to OnlyFools!
    [/bsmode off]
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Doesn't help when half the guild says 2 hander and half say 1 hander as they can't remember!

Someone has to tab out and check who is right and who is wrong.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

This isn't really a raid issue but more of a huge flaw in how they did loot drops for NoS. All the tradeskill drops may have a name that tells you what the item will be used for but it doesn't tell you if it is an upgrade or not. They should have made the drop a container that has a link to what items the drop can make. Then had the tradeskillers make the piece that goes into the drop.

I have been in more than one group where something drops and we have to go to a website to figure out if it is an upgrade or not for people in the group. This is stupid and it should show all the possible rewards for what the drop is. This will stop people from rolling on stuff that they aren't sure if it is an upgrade and end up winning loot someone else could have used and they have no use for.
    Kaenneth and Metanis like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, what is mysterious about going to a third party website to look up what you can make from a handful of tradeskill items when all the others have the item slot/type in the name? Also what is the point of making it so that players have to go to other sources to find out if they can use one of those few items that don't have it spelled out in the name?
  13. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

You are wrong. I'm still answering this question 4 times a raid night.
    Kaenneth, Yinla and Metanis like this.
  14. FYAD Augur

Just because the question is asked doesn't mean you're obligated to respond
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

This is the type of absurdity that I come to these forums observe. The gatekeeping over a tool-tip.
    WFSBelaar likes this.
  16. FYAD Augur

You must be this tall (informed) to ride this ride (play EQ).

I'm sorry, I didn't make the rules /shrug.
  17. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

In order for raids and loot distribution to properly function, I do indeed need to respond.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that doesn't solve the problem of people not knowing what the item is for when they are asked if they want it.
    WFSBelaar likes this.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://philosophynow.org/issues/104/Obscurantism_and_The_Language_of_Excess
    And yes, now I'm just playing with you.

[IMG]
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

It took me a few minutes to make sure I was buying the right one for the 1h from the merchant, while hovering over the "buy" button to make sure I wasn't going to be stuck with something that I couldn't use.