you have been disconnected msg - how to avoid

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templora, May 20, 2023.

1. Templora New Member

any way to avoid the "you have been disconnected msg" - at low levels your fizzle alot and smash the keys and if you run more than one machine boom you get disconnected

is there any way to work around this other than play one account ?
    anyone have some helpful tips ?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Bind the buttons to different keys.
    Templora likes this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

VPN your boxes
  4. Mithra Augur

Make a hotkey that is just /cast 1 /cast 1 /cast 1 and hit that instead of the spell gem for fizzling.
    Metanis and Templora like this.
  5. Numiko Augur

Don't mash keys!

Really EQ is a very pedestrian game, there is no need to have all your boxes firing off at once. I find it best to use a line of number pads set up next to each other, and when you start combat just hit the keys in order 1 at a time. I have not been disconnected in years doing it this way.

Use Macro's for each box and if you are really worried, set each one to have slightly different timers.
    like:

Set 1

/pause 30, /assist tank
    /pause 30, /cast 1
    /pause 30, /cast 2

Set 2

/pause 35, /assist tank
    /pause 35, /cast 1
    /pause 35, /cast 2
    Templora and Appren like this.
  6. abra_ka-milkshake New Member

Basically it is their anti-cheat detection code or something detecting multiple EQ sessions from same public IP address pressing the same key/command at virtually the same time.

I used to get this playing two chars with shields, on two computers, and trying to interrupt casters with bash on both characters when they started a heal spell. Really frustrated me.

So yeah if you can change the public IP address on one of them (VPN or separate internet connections), space your key presses a bit further apart or setup macros with different pauses, it might help...