[Request] Apparitional raid drops (NoS)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 21, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For the love of all things fluffy can we please get what slot these items are for added to the description or a lore note with the slot.

How the hell are you supposed to know what Apparitional finishing cloth is for.

Better still go back to 1 ore for all slots!
  2. Szilent Augur

there is no such item.

do you mean the Apparitional Ring Polishing Cloth? or the Apparitional Idol Polishing Cloth? cause I have a hint to offer you for how to tell which items they make.
    Alarya and Svann2 like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are a few like amice fastener, essence of finesse, essence of power, idol polishing cloth, string severing that are not always clear as to what they are for. While most are clear there are a few that could do with better names or having the slot/item type added to the lore tab.
    minimind and Cicelee like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I requested this the first week of the expansion when a named drop essence of power (or whatever specific name it is) and no one knew what "power" was referring to with regards to slot. Like Waring says, most are easily determinable. But there are a few that you have to ask about.
    Kaenneth and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  5. FYAD Augur

The tradeskill made containers that you use to create the final item also tell you what to put in them.

And in the time it took you to make this thread, you could have gone to allakhazam and found the information you wanted.
  6. Cicelee Augur

And yet the request is to have the lore tab communicate effectively so that people don't have to go on third party websites for info. It really is a valid, simple, easy request.
  7. Szilent Augur

no it isn't, it's nonsense. each item's purpose is already in its name.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't do a lot of good when you are trying to decide if you should roll on a drop in a group.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I agree it should say.

In the meantime, I went and created this: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Night_of_Shadows#Tradeskilled

Every time we raid and one of these drop that are not obvious, I copy the line from the wiki and paste it to my guild.
    Marton, Yinla and Svann2 like this.
  10. Szilent Augur

by adding information, you've made it *less* correct. Idol Polishing Cloth doesn't make "Range" because it doesn't make bows. It makes, just like it already exactly says, Idols.

Anyone confused about Belt Buckles making waists, or Earring clasps making Ears, is not going to be helped by any additional words. What in the world do you think a Lore tab can say to help a user who is on that level?
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It makes non-bow Range Slot items. I've clarified the wiki to be:
    This is not for "Belt Buckles" or "Earring Claps" but for:
    • Amice Fastener - Yes, I didn't know that amice meant shoulder.
    • Essence of Finesse
    • Essence of Power
    • Idol Polishing Cloth - Yes, I originally thought this meant Charm
    • String Serving - Yes, I understand that the only item usually with strings is a bow, but I was still not sure what it meant.
    Thank you for your input.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

13. FYAD Augur

Not picking on you, but they've been using Amice for shoulder slot items for several expansions now.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That may be the case but that doesn't mean that people will pick up right away that it is a shoulder slot item.
    Silvena and WFSBelaar like this.
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They've used it to refer to items that fit into the Back slot, as well.
    Annastasya and Yinla like this.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

Only 2 items. I'd call that more a design mistake than a precidence.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Still doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a good idea to add the slot/item type to the lore tab of these items
    WFSBelaar likes this.
  18. Agrippa Augur

Heh One of things that I love and hate at the same time here is that I'm having to spend a good 90% of my time tabbed out in the deep web just to find basic information. On one hand, I hate that the information isn't readily available in game and that I have to tab out and search for it. On the other...well, I suppose that the "love" part doesn't come up that often.
  19. Rolaque Ancient

I know it can be frustrating, or the chosen names could have been different. But this is not a solo game, there are actual players all around you who are helpful. Websites are great, but other players are often better.

As a sidebar, when you first encountered in game the words "oubliette" or "selenelion," did you just 'bleep' over them? Or did your curiosity get the better of you and you looked it up? The point is that EQ would be very boring and mundane without new and strange words and names we encounter.

Though I'm getting on in years, I'm not ready yet to have new things spoon fed to me.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When your in a group or raid and loot is being done you don't have the time to keep looking drops up, especially now with the extended time it takes to tab in and out.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.