EQ is quickly falling behind

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, May 19, 2023.

1. Strawberry Augur

The smartest AI in the world according to Google.

Google Bard:
    [IMG]
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Ironically, the revamps they have made to the game to in any way bring it into a 'modern' age are met with such incredible derision by players.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Vumad like this.
  3. Weverley Augur

I agree with you so many things soe and now daybreak has brought over the years that has made things so much easier. A few examples are portal to many places starting with pok, advanced loot, no more corpse run, no more spells that you needed to fight mobs to get, money with no weight, bigger bags then what was available at the beginning.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

That's the special edition "Short Bus" AI. On the other hand perhaps it was thinking of Catsup?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. kliqIMB Elder

This is a perfect example of why "AI", as we're currently being sold it, isn't actually "AI". Stuff like ChatGPT, Bard, Bing AI, etc. aren't actually answering your questions. They don't have the ability to "think". They are literally just attempting to predict the next word in a sequence of words based on all of the data that they've been fed. It's why all these programs have the capacity to lie so often and do so with confidence. They do not understand "truth" or "lie" they only understand what they have been fed and their programming is to give you what their algorithm believes is the most common sequences of words that would be a response to the prompt. If you fed the backend a million citations that the sky was green, it would always tell you that was so irrespective of what reality is. I'll hop off my soapbox now. I'm just very passionate about how awful all of these new "innovations" are going to be in the long run.
  6. Strawberry Augur

Yup, these AI bots just string text together they found online, they have no capacity to understand anything.

Note that ChatGPT found text with the correct answer, Europe encompasses an area of 10,180,000 km², Texas is 696,241 km².

But because ChatGPT does not understand it is looking at numbers and can't do math, and becauses it combines pieces of text, it somehow ends up claiming Europe is smaller than Texas.

[IMG]

You then have people claiming they can "fix this" and AI "will get better". It won't, because these AI are so iterative that even after 5 minutes of "training the algorithm", you have no idea where it got the info from and how it combined it.

These "AI" algorithms will not only stay dumb, they tend to get dumber over time because they train them on less and less reliable source material over time.

[IMG]

Tesla has been using "AI" to train their cars to self-park for over a decade. Yet they still partk much worse than the competition that didn't rely on AI. AI is very good at making itself look intelligent, but very poor at doing something correctly.

Caell, Rijacki and Svann2 like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea last i read might be 2026 before it comes out though.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

To be fair, Im sure we have all met people very much like that.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The same could be said for most of the prolific posters on these forums. :D
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Koshk like this.
  11. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

We already have plenty of humans that operate this way. At least the machines can be turned off.
    Lucentio likes this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

You are impressed by DirectX11?
    Released October 27, 2009

2 years ago WoW similarly old game
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/directx-12-windows-7
    Direct X 12, (July 29, 2015)
    So EQ spent a whole year just upgrading to something that is STILL out of date? Kudos
    Direct X 13 is expected to be released at end of 2023
    Quickly falling behind are we?

Response delay is due to many many programs working together, voice to text, it takes time to translate voice into text, then text to be sent to the AI. But typing it out and then it goes to the AI a faster, see its only 1-3 seconds, thats a pretty normal respond time, if your not a machine btw.

"What is blowing my mind is how logical and reasonable this ai is. None of them have said anything off-putting, awkward or out of character. I’m baffled."
    "Imagine this with voice intergrated communications, and the response time by the AI will improve. This is truly revolutionary for gaming"
    "Dude these voices are soo good they sound almost exactly like the characters. Voice actors be sweating rn cause I imagine this tech is only gonna get better"

See this video,
    Many of the comments are
    "the ability to ask good questions will become the most valuable asset"
    "Useful for people already in those industries, because only they know what questions to ask."

Developers need to watch this

Day and night cycle. "would take months, maybe years to do and would need a huge team to help"
    ChatGPT hold my beer, consider it done. What took weeks months years to do, done in an hour.

This is the is the future of gaming, EQ is quickly falling behind, it needs to step up NOW. Stop being conservative and not open to technology, step up NOW.
    It here is it is now, it takes time to put in good AI, time other games have it EQ will be BEHIND if it is not working on it NOW.

Gamers, MUST WATCH video this is future of gaming, already DONE, by a few motivated people, no excuses.

"Holy crap dude games are going to get so insane, VR + AI is the future."
  13. Wyndar Journeyman

The irony of Uberking being a bot himself
    Act of Valor and Koshk like this.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

Did you watch

No thats not EQ, it gives EQ vibes, thats Skyrim.
    That warrior he has his epic 1.5, he's one of the toughest around. He would not be interested in teaming with those who just started becoming an adventurer, he has been on many adventures and has earned his experience between blood sweat and tears. It takes a lot of skill and experience to match his prowess in battle. You should consider gaining some experience from soloing some easy dungeons first before asking someone at his skill level to team up with you.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It doesn't matter what the reasons are for the delay as that isn't the issue. Until they can get rid of that delay it will just make for an annoying gameplay experience and unusable in most games.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

did you watch this

its not even that slow
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Did you read my reply? Games now respond instantly and there is no delay moving to any sort of AI is adding a delay to the game for something that doesn't provide any real value besides adding some random background to the game that might not even be consistent. It wouldn't be very shocking for it to contradict itself as you converse with it more.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Strawberry Augur

He purposely only shows off the "AI art" for a split second so you don't notice all the mistakes.

But if you pause the video and look closely, the "AI" makes horrendous anatomical mistakes. since it's combining multiple pieces of art. (this is plagiarism btw, but that's another discussion)

In fact the reason why these examples of "AI art" are almost always scenery or fully clothed figures, is to hide the anatomical anomalies.

It will cost you far more time and money to fix all these mistakes, than to actually just get a decent artist who starts from scratch.

[IMG]

These "AI deep learning" algorithms are incredibly dumb. They are just trained on lots of iterative data, but they don't understand what they are looking at, they don't understand the first thing about the world. Even a basic calculator is more intelligent than today's "AI".

The moment anything has to be done correctly, generative AI fails. The moment anything more complex than stringing text together has to be done, generative AI fails.

[IMG]
    Lucentio, Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

One person's mistake is another person's masterpiece. It is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

I see an finger injured finger and a comforting human-feline relationship. I would call this piece...Me, ow.

A woman with evolved fingers for berry harvesting and a face displaying a reaction to those berries. Call it, Berry Nice.

The last two I'm seeing a treatise on how much more stable humanity could be if we evolved to tripedal organisms. The first guy is working out the kinks. The last one, that guy...that guy is selling tripedal life. I would call this, Tri It.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

"Why cant EQ do this thing that is so easy that no other game maker has done it? If they did they would be so far ahead of the industry but if they dont they will be so far behind!!"/s

Theres an old saying: "If its so easy why dont you do it"?