New UI issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mendel, May 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They hot fixed the flicker today. Just allow the patcher to run and it should fix it.
  2. Juilan Apprentice

Great flickering is fixed.....What about the radeon thing?
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

So save your eqclient.ini :D?
    I'm afraid !!
    lol
  4. Emilari UI Designer

not fixed.
  5. Juilan Apprentice

not surprised.....if this was a billing issue or a plat dupe/krono dupe issue it would be code red defcon 1
  6. Emilari UI Designer

Juilan likes this.
  7. Juilan Apprentice

Metanis and Barton like this.
  8. Omegga Elder

Can't target players in raid if they have IVU on.
    Emilari likes this.
  9. Emilari UI Designer

Sadly, that one is not new.... it's been around for a couple years now. It's incredibly annoying though - especially as a Cleric who is always trying to put people on my ext tar for raids.
  10. Drakang Augur

Still have the flicker on the first character logged in after the patch. No others on that account and no other accounts affected. All using the same Custom UI.
  11. Gialana Augur

This bug has been confirmed. Maybe with some more likes on the first post in This Thread, it can increase the priority in getting fixed.

From my testing, you only can't see a player that has IVU if you weren't in the zone when IVU was applied and as long as they don't zone.
  12. Tendain Apprentice

Still cannot open the spellbook over the inventory window, cannot open bags over the inventory window, INFACT you cant open ANYTHING over the inventory tab OR THE WINDOW SELECTOR not a bag not anything.........
    Alt. currency tab font is still messed up, shroud tab font is still messed up, font in item selector is still messed up.

AND NOW WE CANT TARGET RAID PLAYERS IF IVU IS ON.

why on earth are you guys trying to fix things that have nothing to do with ingame chat lag, ingame chat lag is the ONLY thing you should have worked on this last patch instead of with the UI that wasent broken.
    dreadlord likes this.
  13. moldydruid New Member

This totally worked for me. Thank you!
  14. Lodestar The Undefeated

All new UI elements have a significant font crispness/blurriness issue. This is confirmed on two separate computers with an RTX 4090 and 2070, with and without anti-aliasing enabled (4X vs none). This *must* be fixed before the UI is rolled out to all windows, otherwise all players will have massive migraines seeing an entire screen filled with blurry edge-aliasing font.

Further, any type of quantity selections track to a window locked in one location, rather than tracking to the actual item involving the quantity selection. This is inefficient, annoying, and nonsensical. The quantity selection should pop-up wherever an icon/item is actively having its quantity selected.
  15. Idget Lorekeeper

never fails to amaze me they still do stuff like this right before something big like launch a new progression server.
  16. Fopster Journeyman

This needs to be fixed, sometimes it just needs to be, if it ain't broken don't fix it, not happy with this at all, from the bags make the screen flicker, the blurry inventory font, most frustrating for me is when you grab a stack of whatever and you click in the center of the screen instead of under the item as before, do a reset on this pls
    dreadlord likes this.
  17. HELPMEPLEASE New Member

....TEST SERVER.....

Just sayin
    So you forced this disastrous FUBAR of a mess of a UI on us now I can't look at my inventory screen.....I can't see buttons on the selector bar and when I pick up an item and move it where a bag is it leaves trail;s of the item in the area that only clear up when zoning...

Congrats is there any more screw ups we can add to this patch?
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Greymantle Augur

I was REALLY hoping they would put in a confirmation pop-up when closing a UI element. I have mistakenly closed chat windows and then have to try and remember which filtered chats went where.
  19. Fenanebae Terrwyn Lorekeeper

Same. Same UI works fine on all other characters. But on my main, Buffs flicker with timers, hotkeys flicker once pressed, spell gems flicker on refresh, stacks of items in backs flicker, evolving items flicker, anything with a number flickers, Green artifact lines, EG the power lines from power sources flicker to screen.

Welcome to FlickerQuest.
  20. Kudladar New Member

Oh the issue most definitely is a learning issue. At least with XML, one could fumble through things until they got the spacing or whatever accomplished. This new format requires "rules" and other things and many of these don't have a "rule" and I don't know what is required to create a rule for conversion, rule order or any of the such. My UI is one that I picked bits and pieces of others and continued to update them to ensure that they work/worked as DBG made updates to UI pieces. This is a whole other game (obviously) and one that is not very straightforward nor are the errors that it gives or any indication on how to fix said "errors".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.