Head's up for the new UI

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, May 17, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Congratulations, everyone, on becoming UI beta testers.
    Veteran_BetaTester and Fenthen like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

In fairness, the lunch time buffet today was really good.
  3. MiataDriver Augur

I have already reverted the new windows back to the old UI engine windows. I am taking a hard pass on beta testing the crap.

Velisaris_MS and Balm like this.
  4. Klucifer Lorekeeper

I’d like to place a wager on it as well! Any company measures success on tangibles. DBG explained what they want to do (I.e the UI engine) they gave a deadline (which had passed already), and they were being held accountable.

I think my initial question stands: why is there not a concrete and structured feedback mechanism for things such as this?
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

How to activate the new UI ? I cannot see any change to the inventory window and changing the size factor in the options>display menue does not do anything. Have validated the files and everything is currently at the standard setup. Do I need to download some microsoft C++ software for Win 10 like VC_redist.x64.exe ?
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

It will load automatically unless you have a custom ui that has the new windows already in it.

They fixed the main problem of the flickering.

The next problem you can experience is the overlapping of all new windows over old windows They look basically the same because the blurry text was also fixed already. The overlapping is mostly seen with the inventory window popping up blocking merchant window or bags being under the inventory window when you try to open them.

The last issue is with the new windows not rendering correctly and a white box hides most of the window.
  7. Math101 Bowsandarrows

Who's big idea was it to put the UI boxes that were scaled like the Inventory box now on top? WHY did this need to be "Fixed" or "changed"? Who was complaining about the way it was originally???? Now it is a pain in the !!! Why did they change something that did not need to be changed??? I don't get Daybroke .... yeah you read right.. I wrote DAYBROKE because they always seem to do something wrong or stupid!! This aspect didn't need to be done. Plus.... why only scale like 3 things. Why not take the time and do the whole thing?? Everything else is still too small for me to play Windowed mode! It's not a new UI to me! Why do they do things backwards?!? Well it is Daybroke! Sorry if that was a rant but come on ..... If I were not loyal to the game Everquest I would not put up with this company anymore. Thank God I don't pay a subscription anymore and have not for some time since I paid a lifetime subscription cuz I wouldn't pay!
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!