Personal Instances for Dungeons with respawns would have solved everything you wanted FTE to do

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Angered Ogre, May 18, 2023.

1. Triconx Augur

Same problem exists whether it is a raid format or group. And id love to see devs implement personal loot that doesnt provide personal loot for every group member. Im sure no backlash will occur. Great idea there, Waring.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said it was a good idea to implement personal loot, just pointing out that it doesn't have to award a drop to everyone who does damage or is on the hate list from healing. There are plenty of games that do personal loot and players don't get a drop from every mob that they fight.
  3. Critt Augur

lol so triggered.... say what you will about WOW but even in their decline they still have more subs than EQ so that speaks to that...As far as the design of it sure 1 point, 10pt half damage whatever...why do you care if someone else gets a piece of loot off the same mob as you, at least you didn't get KS'd. You act as if this kind of system is unheard of it, it's used in most games today and guess what people don't complain about in those games... that's right being KS'd.
  4. Koniku Elder

If forced scarcity is required to get people to do your raid content you have bad raid content.
  5. xxar Augur

The raid content til oow , is mainly tank and spank .... it is bad raid content.

It is entirely trivial and caters to the lowest denominator.

There is nothing complex honestly , besides perhaps one or two encounters.
  6. Luxana New Member

I'd like to see the xp un-nerfed in Agent of Change missions. I used to love running through Seb even at the reduced xp rate that existed before...no AOE groups or other idiots to worry about. Can schedule a group mission at any time with your buddies. If you are worried about too many zones up at once, maybe cut the time down to 4 hours (though maybe not for nToV and VT).
  7. Triconx Augur

What is the point of this other than being a deflection?

More people listen to Taylor Swift than The Smiths. Doesn't make her a more talented musician.
    More people drive Toyotas than McLarens. Doesn't mean the Camry is a better vehicle than the Senna.
    More people watch Fast and Furious than the Godfather. It would be laughable to claim that F&F is better.

Sounds awful. Loot bloat and boredom. That's a DOA server if everyone and their mother gets loot every named that's killed. The primary gameloop of EQ is to grind gear. Flooding the server with personal loot chests is just going to cause everyone to be bored quicker. As I stated, this game is already on its limits for player retention because of loot bloat already, now you're introducing even more of it? No thanks.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Other games have incorporated a kind of "personal loot" system that leverages "contribution" gain, so everyone in an area is charging up a "contribution" bar, the more actions you peform that helps the more personal loot contribution bar points you gain, once you fill that bar you get an item for your class.

Something like that does 2 things, first is it increases collective cooperativeness because no matter your role you want to be doing stuff to charge your contribution bar, just "1-actioning" a mob once may get you a faction hit but for contribution you actually need to be doing something meaningful.

Primary example WAR public tasks, secondary example RIFT's rift mechanics.

It's not a system EQ is familiar with but I think it's a good MMORPG system full stop.
  9. Kahna Augur

I would think you could make a personal loot system work. It would all have to be no trade loot, of course. You could maybe toss in that whole, tradable to someone there for the kill for an hour thing. Doesn't seem very EQ though. I would probably give it a try. Might go over better than FTE.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Triconix
    Treeconix
    3rdconix
    Triconx

I’m probably missing some.
  11. PotatoPowa Elder

I don't feel like reading through hundreds of pages of whining and flaming to see everyone's take on this, but FTE for guild vs guild on raid mobs in open world? Don't like it but don't care enough to complain.

FTE for regular group or solo mobs? Love it. Only people who won't like it are the griefers.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Except the griefers actually like it. They’re given more power to disrupt now.
    Koshk likes this.
  13. Koniku Elder

How do you know that? You a griefer?
  14. PotatoPowa Elder

That's not my experience with griefers. Usually I am camping, say, hooded black cloak. Been there 8 hours when it spawns. I engage. Magically two wizards or maybe shadow knights appear right in the nick of time to take the mob, link the loot to me, laugh about it, ruin my day, etc. I can see why a lot of you guys are upset you won't be able to do that anymore.
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

No. I treat it as a spectator sport enjoying the drama.
  16. Critt Augur

Your analogies are nonsense and complete drivel, if you can't tell the difference between more successful and more talented you have a problem... Game publishers don't care about talent or better or worse they care about making money... and that's what I was speaking to, I wasn't sharing an opinion like you are, I was stating a fact WOW while unliked by some was/is more successful than EQ in the money making department, but I understand how that can be confusing.....

As far as loot bloat don't make me laugh...this game is so stuffed with loot it's busting at the seams... While loot is definitely PART of the game loop I would argue the real loop is Xp and character progression through AA, and.......wait for it....playing with friends. It's ok if you don't like my idea on GP, I personally would hate to see them change EQ in such a drastic way... it's one of the reasons I can't stand the idea of FTE.. But your argument against my idea just screams like a 3 year old, not wanting to share his toys and doesn't hold water.