Oakwynd is Launching Soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, May 10, 2023.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

It is a term used to refer to items that remain No Drop on servers with Free-Trade enabled, such as epics and many quest rewards.
    Rijacki likes this.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Tawro Icequake approves of this post

(or will, the next time he spawns.)
  3. Sirius909 New Member

Thank you :)
  4. Templora New Member

I am not getting the "its not working part"
    I tested on test server pulled a mob no one can kill it but me so that is good

So what is the bad thing ?
  5. Larsen Augur

Not interested in the slightest. Guess it's a year without EQ for me. I'm not touching this farce of a server with a ten-foot pole. If FTE becomes a core mechanic in the game, I'm never playing again.
  6. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Can't wait. See you all there!
  7. Doze Augur

Quite literally then what you just called the "good" thing.

Apart from that then what you did can hardly be said to be a comprehensive test of all the things that could occur to mess up the "result" that you got.
  8. Moraeulf New Member

If you look at the Test Server Bug Reports thread, there are quite a few exploits and bugs that have been discovered and are documented in that thread.
  9. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

LOL

Imagine if this is what QA's did to confirm a deploy of software. "i opened the software and it opened. Looks good."
  10. Sothwick80 New Member

I am super excited about this TLP !! Tons of perks and advantages over other servers, mob locking (which has been a HUGE bone of contention since pretty much always) and now more changes?? Awesome !! I'm 100% completely on board to play through this one with all its twists and turns.
    Thank you for continuing EverQuest and bringing new flavours to an already amazing legacy. See you on May 24th!! (I'm logging in from work and do not even care if I get in trouble .. I wanna sit in queue just to DC while making my new char .. ahhh EverQuest /kneel)
  11. Doze Augur

Joined forum less than a year ago, only 2 messages, zero likes and blocks other forum members from seeing full profile ...

Seems legit.
    Koshk, Velisaris_MS and Balm like this.
  12. Larsen Augur

Yeah, that comes off like a paid shill.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Could also be someone who had no desire to put up with the toxic gatekeepers on the forums to post something before. But, because the opinion is not one you approve of is absolutely must be a schill.

I am looking forward to Oakwynd's launch and my first TLP. Though I was nearly driven away from it by the overwelming toxicity of a few posters. I am glad I didn't give up and have met a lot of really lovely people pre-launch who are also looking forward to starting on Oakwynd.

I am rather glad they got FTE working as well as it is. I was worried after the first Test drop but significantly less so now. Yes, there will always be toxic players and those looking to exploit anything for their own gains. FTE might not be a total solution or even a partial solution, but I am glad to see it has no effect on the majority of normal game play. It does look as though things which could be exploited in the past can still be exploited with new methods because toxic people have to go out of their way to ruin it for everyone else.

Frankly, if the majority of the anti-crowd stay away the server could actually be a really wonderful place to play as a long term experience, too. I couldn't care less about the toxic must race to the finish and don't care who they run over players. I intentionally won't compete with them. They can have their race and hopefully FTE keeps on their journey without stomping all over the rest of us.

You can not want to play on Oakwynd and that's fine, but you should be gracious and accept that others DO want what Oakwynd can offer. This is OUR year to have a new server.
    Lolafv and GnomeGnomeGnome like this.
  14. Doze Augur

ROFLMAO
    Well ok then, by all means have fun with that.
  15. kenmei Augur

you actually meant to say:
    THIS IS OUR YEAR TO HAVE TO PAY FOR A TEST SERVER!
    Moraeulf likes this.
  16. xxar Augur

I think that is part of the issue , the fact EQ produces a server yearly and a sense of entitlement.

I brought this up earlier , what if DBG didn't release server's yearly ?

There might be a attachment to character's and specific servers , instead there disposable due to the fact people expect another server next year.
    Koshk and Taemek like this.
  17. Sakuraba Augur

I mean yeah. EQ players did used to get attached to their characters as well as the characters around them. It's what made it really hard to leave a server once you got established, it's why people were annoyed when servers had to be merged.

In an era of prevalent boxing and krono and disposable servers though...? That attachment no longer exists.
  18. kenmei Augur

you are correct. That attachment was the magic of EQ.
  19. Goodnews Augur

I think I am going to try this out! I have not played in years, but as I have read more and more into this, it is worth it to me to give this a go.
    There is a noticeable contingent of unhappy folks about this server. Are there other options for them?
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And maybe that's why they're trying the Legacy feature on Oakwynd to encourage longevity again?