Looking for Overseer achievement tips.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hamshire, May 19, 2023.

1. Hamshire Augur

I really have no idea wtf im doing with this, just throwing dudes in ones that can ship and shipping them. I wanna get the achievement World: Worker Agents: Elite & World: Traveler Agents: Elite. These are the ones that reward the Bixie Worker illusion and the Gnomish Hovering mount. I am 2/6 in one and 3/6 in the other but have gotten these by pure luck because again, I have no idea wtf I am doing. I prioritize them in this order 10sec, purple, 24hrs, blue, green, grey.

Any tips are welcome, am I doing it right and it just takes a long time? Should I prioritize them in a different order or be looking for something else?
  2. Iven the Lunatic

You just have to get the missing elite agents by "rare agent" conversions or random "elite recruitment quests". Traveller agents are linked to the Explorer and Diplomacy quest categories iirr.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Combine your 10+ grey agents into the next step up, repeat with green, then blue. Tedious clicking, but good to do when you're hanging out waiting for something else to happen.
    (and pray for a little luck they fill in your checkboxes, if not, keep at it. Eventually it'll happen)
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

1. Convert lower agents up to try and get higher tier agents you don't have.
    2. Retire duplicate agents to try and get lower tier agents you don't have.
    3. Rinse and repeat.

There's no strategy, just a lot of clicking.
    CrazyLarth and Gialana like this.
  5. Bernel Augur

It actually is pure luck as to which agent achievements you unlock. You can't force Overseer to give you a certain type of agent. No matter which agents you pick for the conversion, Overseer will give you a random agent in exchange. So you just have to do conversions until you happen to get the agents to unlock the achievement.

It takes a long while to do the conversions necessary to get the agent achievements. You have to do the Common, Uncommon, and Rare conversions to convert the agents to the higher levels and unlock the achievements. However, I would recommend you don't try to rush the conversions to get the achievement. Your success in Overseer is highly dependent on having lots of agents at different levels. With a more complete set of agents at all levels, you'll be able to do the harder quests and have better chances for success. If you are too focused on doing the conversions, you may over-convert the lower level agents and not have enough agents to do the good quests.

To get the most agents, always do the recruit quests. Those give you new agents at different levels. Agents are also granted from a critical success from a quest. Do quests with a high percent success rate for a better chance of getting bonus agents from a critical success.

It's a bit of a challenge to know when to convert when you are starting out. You need to convert in order to get the higher-level agents, but then you lose 3 of your lower-level agents in the process. You need to balance converting to higher-level agents against reducing the number of lower-level agents in your deck. You need the proper balance in order to have the best chance of success in the quests since the quests need agents at all different levels.

If you don't mind spending some DB cash, you can buy agent packs in the marketplace. They will give you agents, which means you can do more conversions and hit the agent achievements faster.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

I've been converting agents forever myself. I'm missing one rare agent. There is one quest that is best led with my missing agent. It hardly matters in terms of the quests I choose.

I focus on the rewards that I want based on quest type and daily frequency. That last achievement will take care of itself eventually.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

So, I'm not sure anyone has actually answered your question ... how can I get the Bixie and Hovering mount the fastest?

You need to get all non-event worker agents (all rarities) for the Bixie and all non-event traveler agents for the mount. You can earn agents through recruit tasks or by criticals from any quest (will add 1 to 3 extra agents). You can purchase agent packs from the marketplace as well, but unless you have a lot of DBG cash lying around, I would not recommend that avenue ... unless money is literally no object and you just want the bixie or mount.

Since there's only one recruit task every 12 hours, you need to do quests as much as possible (because criticals give agents). Which ones you do depend on how often you are going to check. Based upon what you want as an end goal, you should deprioritize Plunder, Stealth and Military quests because those categories are not required for either reward. Eventually you will need level 5 in the other quest categories because being level 5 in all the worker or traveler categories will give you an elite agent that you cannot get any other way, which is required for getting the final rewards.

Above gave advice for converting agents etc.

Bottom line ... you need a ton of agents and unless you are willing to spend a ton of money to build your agent totals, it's going to take awhile. I'd estimate at least a year if you only do overseers once a day (at least 6 times a week). If you are more diligent, you might get it down to 6 months if you do at least twice a day and get lucky on conversions.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Drakang Augur

Always do the recruit mission no matter the percent chance. Dont convert unless you have duplicate of 3 agents. The just hope for luck. One account I got it pretty quick. The other one I was stuck on the last 2 agents for about 3 months.
  9. Monkeychunks Augur

I am not familiar with all the ins and outs of Overseer but this is my simple way. All the talk of agent jobs or blue or green or category, percents, talent or whatever is just confusing and far more than what I want to put into it. Yet, just this week I got both the transport and the bixie. They drop straight into your inventory so are easily overlooked.

Do not buy any packs unless you just want to throw away money. Do not pay to finish the quests. It seems to increase the failure rate.

Do all the recruitment ones you can. Use "preview reward" to see if what you want is offered for the others like experience or collection fragments. And then just click "auto fill" - that is set up to use the best agents for the quests. If you don't have the first agent then you cannot start the quest so just go on to another one. And then just click start quest.

Basically I do not do it to fill the category but for the rewards. Some of my alts need the experience, others need the collection items and still others need the tradeskill mats.

Once you have at least 3 agents then run your common conversions and step up to uncommon when you have enough for that and so on.

I was having a terrible time trying to cap out this category or that one and found that when I retired agents it gave a huge boost towards filling those.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The above, Monkey post is pretty much what I do.

Open Overseer, click first quest in list, click preview reward and if that is what I want then click auto fill and then start quest.

Next day, same time, rinse repeat.

After a while do some conversions and retires. I don't worry about completing each category since you can fill them out when you retire agents.

I did have to buy the Overseer starter pack from marketplace for $10 DBC because it has Fippy Darkpaw and I think that is the only way to get him now.
  11. FYAD Augur

First, always take the recruit mission. There is always 1 offered every 12 hours, make sure you log in to start the mission and don't miss a cycle (RL responsibilities aside). You can also use your overseer currency to buy agent packs to fuel your recruitment rate.

Second, convert any duplicates you get. If you have 2+ in any Common agents, convert 3 of them to get an Uncommon but never convert your last copy of any individual agent. The whole goal is to collect them all.

When you start to get duplicates at the Uncommon level, convert them up to Rare. Then from Rare to Elite.

Eventually you will get duplicates at the Elite level. You have no choice but to retire the dupes at that point. When you do retire them, you get an inventory item that can be converted into 2 Rare agents. Take the 2 Rares and continue converting Rares to Elites until you run out.

Do this every day for a few months and you'll eventually get there.
  12. Bobokin Augur

Don't ever let your commons get to 10 of each or more because Overseer is now slower than it once was because of bug fixes and added agents.

If you have 15 of each common, it takes 20-25 seconds per click to do anything, and the game is locked up in the background while you wait.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

The best advice I have is think twice before swapping servers. I had everything done with Overseer, had the mount and bixie illusion, everything. When I swapped servers I lost it all, including the mount and the bixie illusion. So, starting from scratch again sucks.