AFK toons in GD

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tankard, May 13, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

On Drinal, they're openly selling raid loot from like the last 4 expansions, including current. They'd probably do GMM if you paid them enough.
  2. Bobokin Augur

I think he was kidding ... like he didn't understand that these raids were up to the current content.
  3. Knifen Augur

Yes and No, 8) Im just after a few extra GMM ornaments but at 40 Krono a chest for NoS thats out of my range. Didnt get to ride that krono train that seemed to have gotten out of hand.
  4. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

They have been selling NOS chest for $400 / 40 krono for AWHILE. Back when T1 was released they were doing $750 / 75 Kronos (and if no TS drops you get the next chests TS items) They are on like 5 servers
  5. Knifen Augur

I think I would have to laugh if they ever changed Krono to no trade.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont think anyone would buy them from dbg if they were no trade.
    alanus likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

What's funnier is people even imagining that DGC would ever do this
    Kaenneth likes this.
  8. Knifen Augur

I know right, cause they would never push anything that upset the players. Now about that ui patch and FTE.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Did you report them?
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Has anyone reported the GD tunnel botters?
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Making krono a 1 time trade would work.
    EDit: ok, maybe 2 time trade.

Or 3, /hides
    Knifen likes this.
  12. Windance Augur

Last summer I reported them multiple times.

At the time they were in Sithir Tomb. Over the course of about a month I reported them 3+ times. Each time adding additional evidence of their operation.

The last time, I recorded their play on and off a week. Put together the evidence as a time lapse video where they went a solid 24hr straight non stop. Video showed them chain pull the same path, over and over, etc.

They are "too big to fail".
    Bobokin and Zaray like this.
  13. Cadira Augur

Yeap, reported them about 50 times (that's not hyperbole) over the course of a year. Gms never showed up. I even waited there watching them kill one time, waited for a gm to show up and "afk check" them. He never showed, but responded to petition. Whenever you petition them they just say they'll look into it and don't because they are instructed to let him continue his work.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

On Drinal, there are several scripted bots in various zones farming plat. They operate in certain areas of zones with high merchant fodder drops, and warp around to each spawn point in a certain pattern, killing mobs as they pop. It was usually a SK, and their pet would just be constantly running around the zone trying to catch up to the toon.

Last year when I was doing hunter achievements in a bunch of older expansions, I would have to report them several times. I'd come back a day or two later, and that particular zone was cleared out so I could get the named, but when I would move to another zone, the same bot would be there farming plat. I'd have to constantly report them as I worked through the zones of an expansion.

They would apparently be "moved along", but not banned.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

This is the one selling power levels. I know this.
    ...and I did petition that one group in GD back last summer too.

This person started over on Erollisi Marr. I know this. Seems to have spread cross servers. I don't know if its the guy buying krono front of bank.. but its the same player at small bank selling PL's and in baz enterance.. and on my server another toon at banker up ahead in baz next to parcel npc.
    This is definately a business. It is expensive (his services) and YES he wants you to pay with pay pal and suggests you to buy krono from a 3rd site so the price is easier for you (paying him kronos ). He does take cash via paypal.

Game support has had literally hundreds of peittions on the topic.

As you can see, it is an issue when players are saying about hunter etc. This GD cave is a perfect spot to hide as you can't really train them. Usually, I just have fun with the group (if I shall desiere to do so). As it makes me laugh to kick mobs cross the zone and watch the program struggle.
    :)

I don't know why it continues.. after hundreds of petitions .. maybe server population accounts for funding so the manager of the game looks the other way. (I am speculating).

But it is not FAIR when we pay to play, spend thousands of dollars in marketplace etc and have this keep going when we are legit ourselves.
    Something is wrong there.
    .......and the fact it keeps going, something needs to change there..

What are you waiting for?
    This has gone so far out of line.

Now I know players that use programs to help play there group. I don't know, can you blame it on mercs? Clerics .. if not one around, whould be no group back in the day.. they owned healing then.

So now you can box 3 toons and have 3 mercs.. maybe you want a 4th and just cant deal with alt tabbing. Like myself I can't stand 3 boxing so I just don't or I don't do more then 3. I don't use programs. It is not really a question here of the ones that use programs, its a question here about hogging an area of the game FOR MONTHS doing it, and GM's aren't sorting it out.

It is just way out of wack.
  16. Cloud the Third Augur

If anyone thinks krono will be made no trade you don't understand why krono were added to the game. Originally people used to sell plat for real $$ on sites. This was kind of risky because you had to give them money and hope they showed up to trade the plat to you. Krono were added for a legal way to pay real money for plat and DPG got a cut from it and cut out the middleman of people illegally selling the plat on websites.

They don't want to hurt their profit margin by stopping krono from being traded and also what would be the point of a krono if you can't trade it?

Now making them only tradable 1 time is something I could see them doing because they still get their cut and now it means more will have to be bought and people like myself who use them as the stock market buying for low and selling for high would be over. It would also mean the boters would go back to using websites to sell their drops for real money instead of krono (most already have real websites where they sell krono for less than what you can buy in the marketplace because there is no reason to need that many krono if you aren't making a profit somewhere).
    alanus likes this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

/report them, and file a petition. Hopefully anyone automating their toons gets banned. The solution to this is not changing how kronos work, it's banning the cheaters.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Windance Augur

The solution is to stop buying items from them. If there is no money to be made they will find other things that are more profitable to do.
    Tacoheals and Shanarias like this.
  19. Iven Antonius Bayle

Instanced zones would be a good solution. Or not paying money and going FTP. Nobody would see and have to worry about botters then. It is not the job of us players to care about and having constant battles with them. Daybreak could hire bounty hunters for catching botters or offering a bounty to players who do catch and report botters, which would not cost much, but they do not, because they want the money that the botters do pay and the Krono sales. What is that telling us ?...
  20. Samatman Augur

I am another person on EMarr and I know who you are talking about at the small bank. I recently discovered that if you park an annoying pet in his face he will move. There is life there, and I will do all in my power to make his life annoying. That is where I do tradeskills, and he has made my life annoying for years now. Hard to believe this can't be stopped on their side. The perps are obvious beyond belief.