What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Which would only run much less often than combat swings and spell casts, or at worst instead of them; no database/spell table/item table lookups required. It will not increase lag unless it has a fixable logic bug making an infinite loop or something.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Not raiding and not being interested in the "end game" but playing "causally" in the rest of the content is a valid game play style, even for a TLP.
    alanus and Alarya like this.
  3. Xerzist Augur

A hot take?

A Gnome and a Troll walk into a bar. Unphased, the Gnome orders a Faydwer Stinger and begins reminiscing of their childhood building contraptions with friends to lock in the pesky wasps. Scowling, the Troll orders Gnomish Spirits and Gnome Kabobs... and then out of nowhere leaps from the stool and Harm Touches the Gnome. Frazzled, the bartender asks the Gnome if they were okay. The Troll looks at the bartender, grins softly, and hands them the bar.

Yep, I'm here all day... lol
  4. Bobokin Augur

Raid gear is OP, and Daybreak sets new expac mobs to the last expac raid gear, so new expacs are almost unplayable by casual molo players. Then they penalize those players by dropping experience in older zones.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Alarya Augur

FTE isn't as bad as some of you gnolls were making it out to be before it launched.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Releasing bits and pieces of a new feature over time is bad and dumb.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Alarya Augur

Hot take: ALL contested epic items/mobs should have their own DZ. It's annoying to have to wait 5+ hours on a ground spawn that 20 other people are waiting for on TLP servers.
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

New banners are too strong especially on TLP's. They make the game mind-numbingly easy (when difficulty erosion has been pulling at EQ for ages)

I don't have direct comparison on the point, but in SoF for example it makes it feel like you're level 85, going back and doing the SoF raids even though you're all decked out in SoD boosts.
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Speaking of TLP's, the nerf to currency achievements on Vaniki is poor. I get the need to do something about FV/Mischief/Thornblade and these bags, but could we not have just left it as is for Vaniki characters?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Raiding forces don't have to use them if they feel that it makes the game boring.
    B0HICA, Skuz, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  11. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I've got it. On a TLP, if you use the OP banner, the serverwide emote could include language that it was used.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Meeko is really a cat person.
    klanderso likes this.
  13. Orienn TreeHugger

Raiding with people who refuse to shrink themselves, there's always that one person. Even though everyone is asking them to shrink 100x :mad:
    Metanis and Skuz like this.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This is why raid leaders exist, so they can get removed for ignoring directions.
    Orienn likes this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

I wish our raid would shrink. Hard to make it through the melee pile on the backside of the mob when I am in brownie illusion form, even with /hidemodels all turned on. Always getting stuck on someone when I get called to run.
    Orienn likes this.
  16. Szilent Augur

Here's the hot take : EQ's zones are modeled to look right & feel right to fight in for player characters at their natural size. Anyone complaining about others not shrinking is their own source of aggravation since others have no obligation to reduce their own enjoyment for the complainers' marginal convenience.
    Mikana and Bobbybick like this.
  17. Razorfall Augur

I have a similar feeling about people saying to turn on /afk during raids, even after /hidemodels all was added.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I agree with you on being able to navigate through most locations. In cities that are intentionally for smalls, like Ak'anon and Kalidim, being squished for larger races in some areas like the bank is proper since the city is sized for its race. But having a dungeon being sized too small for large and even medium races, like several of the original zones, is ludicrous.

Raids are the one place where shrinking all but the tank(s) to help for visibility is reasonable, but not to be able maneuver through the location or even to fit everyone in the combat location.
  19. FYAD Augur

Game would be shut down within a week.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Hdizzle Augur

I just feel like the game would be more approachable if the decimal on things was like 5 digits to the left.

Keep the characters thick. everyone keeps aa's clickies etc, just thin out the numbers.

What's the difference between my nuke for 25000dd landing on a mob with 100khp or a nuke with 250dd landing on a mob with 1khp? *levels* aka time spent?

Its the number one problem with this game. Casual folks can't compete with folks who can box and progression on their own time. That's why TLPS pop off every year (besides the Kronola bars..); the time spent gap is not very hard to over come. Until it is.