Head's up for the new UI

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, May 17, 2023.

1. Knifen Augur

All you have to do to hide your Inventory window is hit i. If I open bags or interact with a vendor and my inventory is on top, I press i and bam its gone, problem solved.

Making it out to be a bigger deal than it is for now.
  2. Knifen Augur

Hit i to close inventory and it now becomes possible.
  3. Tach200 Journeyman

The abundance of problems from blinking UI, to fuzzy text on inventory window, to new windows being on top. No wonder all the Daybreak forum moderators are on a smoke break and not responding to this piss-poor roll out.
    Silvena and Shenanigans like this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And if you need the Inventory window open along with the other window? Open and close, open and close, open and close, so you can access and see behind? it's a workaround, sure, but completely and utterly sucky.
    Kialya, Silvena, Shenanigans and 2 others like this.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I haven't logged in and I'm already stressing out.
    Drakah, you have been into UI's for probably longer then the current person in charge of UI's in the game.
    The fact your note was not taken serious is disapointing.

I don't know what to expect when I log in, but I had a bad feeling lastnight.
    Kialya and Shenanigans like this.
  6. Mitsune Lorekeeper

Not to add the smallest issue of them all but the experience is now shown 0.001% lower (99.998 instead of 99.999) in the inventory window :D

More seriously: What people refer to as "blinking GUI" are actually completely unnecessary refresh calls for the whole GUI, so it basically repaints the whole GUI for no reason. How basic stuff like that can get through QA I don't know.
  7. Shenanigans Journeyman

EQs current dev arc seems to be hate toward player base and don't listen to anything outside their bubble.

Too many snowflakes and not anough shovelers.
    Igorath-Bertox likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

My UI looks exactly the same as before, except the font changed in the inventory. *shrug*
    Jamazar likes this.
  9. Aoxe New Member

Few things I've noticed. I used to have my windows selector way up in the left hand corner of my screen with the title bar "Window Selector" hidden off the screen to give it a clean look. You cannot do this anymore, it snaps to the EQ window frame, bummer. Also the scaling is pretty pointless at its current state, no reason to change scale and mess with pixel quality, I think most would prefer a sharper image.

Hopefully more and better UI changes to come.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

Looks the same but fuctions differently if you are using default and have the correct graphic card. The new UI windows from what I have heard are rendering white if they have certain cards. The 4 new windows are always on top of all the non-new windows which inventory being the biggest one causes problems when using it and trying to open bags or viewing merchant. I have also heard of some flashing which I would guess has something to do with custom ui or card issue or refreshing (I have only seen this happen when opening and closing bags really fast with the inventory window open, window selector one never seemed to cause it for me).
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Isn't this aimed at the people with 4K monitors? I don't think it's pointless for them.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's pointless for everyone if the text/font is blurry as hell.
  13. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

This is Fantastic! Can't overlap bags into inventory window, screen flickers, horrible font. Amazing work...
    Andarriel likes this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

The inventory window, being a new window technically, starts off in a new position. Upon moving and locking into place, it will stay there.
    Doing a /copy on another character to the UI of the first, the inventory window shifts away from where it was. Not back to the default, but definitely not where it was left on the first character.

This is a bug. I feel as if none of this was tested before pushing to the masses on Live, or if it was then shame shame shame.
    Conq likes this.
  15. Bobokin Augur

Why did this go live in this state? It is certainly in beta state.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This thread makes me happy I use a custom UI :)
    Windance and TheStugots like this.
  17. TheStugots Augur

Had to stay on track for the precious roadmap! (Well, they didn’t want to fall another month behind*)
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

As stupid as it sounds, I think that's it exactly. No matter how awful and broken something is, the higher ups have deemed that they have to remain on schedule, no matter how bad the result is. They delayed it once, and I bet they caught hell for it, forcing them to release it in a broken state.
  19. Tucoh Augur

This is a good strategy to motivate devs to work harder (read: longer hours). Force them to abide by a schedule (that they probably agreed to anyway), release that broken content and then they work weekends to fix it out of shame. Senior devs catch onto this though.

[IMG]
    Tatanka likes this.
  20. TheStugots Augur

Yeah, obviously I have no proof, but I’d be fairly confident placing a wager on the roadmap being the reason.
    Fenthen and Nennius like this.