Fixed Internally Parcel change

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by corwin, May 17, 2023.

1. corwin Journeyman

Since the latest patch trying to send items to myself, now get the message -

"You cannot mail items to yourself"

Previously this was allowed.

Is there any reason for this change.
    Skuz, Nniki, STNapalm and 15 others like this.
  2. A_ranger001 Journeyman

Curious as to why you would parcel something to yourself in the first place.
  3. Knifen Augur

Back before tradeskill depot I used it for extra storage.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I parcel myself spells on Vaniki that I get that I am not of a level to use yet.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's a great place to store collectibles when you're not ready to finish them. Or any other supplies you don't want taking up inventory/bank space for the moment.

Doesn't really matter why someone would use it. What matters is: was it changed on purpose and, if so, why was it changed without any patch note?
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Shenanigans Journeyman

They sell bag space. That's why.
  7. Knifen Augur

Every bag including bank is over 40 slots. While I am not in real life, in the game, I horde and some stuff just doesnt stack high enough.

Now with the tradeskill depot its not that bad

Right now parcel just holds about 200 gate potions
  8. Shenanigans Journeyman

I'm just saying I believe the sudden change is related to the announcement post for Oakwynd arriving soon not saying moo boo or foo about FTE, yet hawking bag sales. Purposely changed to remove it as a storage feature to push more bag sales.

Happened on the same day basically. Code doesn't rewrite itself and nobodty rewrites code without a work order to do so, which had to have an origin point. a decision was made.
    Fenthen and Knifen like this.
  9. Knifen Augur

Gotcha makes sense, ill still work around it and parcel to my other toon who will then parcel it back to me. They cant fix that or it would break parcel =p

Just cant do it with the mod rods.
    Yinla and Shenanigans like this.
  10. Shenanigans Journeyman

I just roll a new alt and mail everything to it.

and modrods are placeables. Love me some plot storage!
    Knifen likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think this was changed some time ago. Like a couple others here I also parcel stuff to my self and noticed about 2 months ago that I could not do it ....so just parceled them to an alt and then back. So I don't think it was recently changed but ......

Go to Secalna Galnor [Tutorials] in POK and ask for the "Parcel Merchant" quests and pay attention to the very first step where it says:

Caden Zharik is a parcel merchant. Parcel merchants act as normal merchants, but can also be used to send items to yourself or to other players.........To send an item to yourself or another player.......

So we are not all imagining this stealth nerf.... it happened. Unless they actually remembered to change the quest unlike when they took the summoning merchants out of lobby
    Wulfhere, Fenthen and Shenanigans like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I parcelled my self a spell on Vaniki last week, being 10 levels behind can be a pain sometimes. I just keep them in parcels so I know where they are when we get the next level increase.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Confirmed, unintention? change. Since this was not reported in the patch notes, and in-game documentation clearly states this is a valid function, the inability to parcel to yourself is verified as a bug.
    Syylke_EMarr, Yinla and Nahnahamyene like this.
  14. MiataDriver Augur

Seems intentional, given that there is text in the game to tell you you can't do that.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Where?

Parcel merchant tutorial says you can?
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. SteamFox Augur

Please bring back self parcel
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As I posted above there is still a quest clearly showing you can parcel to your self. Where are you seeing anything in the game that says you cannot?
    Nennius and Fenthen like this.
  18. Knifen Augur

He is saying the new red text that pops up showing/saying you can not parcel to yourself is the updated part showing it was intentional to change.

Otherwise it just wouldnt work with no text saying why. I think is what he is getting at.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up.

So we have 2 intentional conflicting messages. One is quest steps that tell you to parcel to your self and the other is a message that tells you that you cannot when you try. But that would be EQ
    Pani and Fenthen like this.
  20. niente Developer

When making this change I did not know it was often used as a convenience. It is not necessary for it to stay in. We got feedback about it being a liked feature, and it is getting changed back in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Fenthen, Yinla, Wulfhere and 9 others like this.