New UI issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mendel, May 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mendel Journeyman

I patched up this morning, and hopped in to see what changed (and start some Overseer tasks for the day). I noticed two specific things that seemed a bit odd.
    • Alt-Enter (from the character select) took visibly longer than before, somewhere between 1 and 2 seconds.
    • The Window Selector window floated in front of most every screen, but specifically over the Overseer window.
    code-zero, Maelia, Fopster and 29 others like this.
  2. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Also when you open and close a single bag from your inventory, the entire UI flickers.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

4. Bernel Augur

A couple of problems in my UI.

1. The horizontal window at the top of the screen which launches other windows isn't showing the icons. If I move my mouse over the bar, then the icons show up, but then they disappear again.

2. The inventory window is white on white and the window border is missing. I also see a flashing triangle in the middle of the window where the animated class icon is.

[IMG]
  5. Dewd Master

6. Jontrann Augur

yeah this bag flickering has got to go
  7. Fenl Bard

The snap to window edge is cool when moving it, but if I chose to move the window past the edge to hide the unnecessary title bar it snaps back to the edge after I click on anything else. Even if I lock it .
    [IMG]
  8. A_ranger001 Journeyman

Also bags opening behind the inventory instead of on top of it.
    Willport, Xyza, Tallie and 7 others like this.
  9. fortuneteller Augur

The Window Selector window moved random around when u start up.and keep on top when a drop down comes over it
    Veteran_BetaTester and Aanuvane like this.
  10. Balm Apprentice

No option to disable the screen snapping.

Font on new windows is blurry and harder to read.

Multiple people in guild reporting they can't log in because of missing runtime DLL dependencies.

People still getting the "all white" inventory window.

Windows don't stack properly. Inventory window hovers on top of everything.
  11. Tendain Apprentice

defualt UI is up, open a bag whole screen blinks once everytime u open a bag.... the font in inventory is differant.... platnium font in inventory vs bank font is differant.... stat tab is smaller... alt currency window is differant defualt and broken....... spell book can not open on top of inventory, nor can u open certian bags on top of inventory.........

logically this mornings patch broke something, please shut the servers off and fix the issue
    Irishgal, Moege, Krizem and 1 other person like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How have you managed to move my locked windows on my UI.

Lag tabbing between clients is aweful, makes the game virtually unplayable.

The flashing when I open bags is starting to give me a headache.
  13. fortuneteller Augur

the font seems different and small
    Veteran_BetaTester and Lannin like this.
  14. fortuneteller Augur

lag when u do somethiing
  15. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Really don't like the new font either. Might as well use comic sans.
  16. rahzel44 Journeyman

Also, Truebox is still active on Mangler, which I'm pretty sure is a bug.
    jeskola and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  17. Balm Apprentice

Yup, all the issues we're now seeing in Live were well-reported in Test, and yet The Powers That Be still thought it would be a good thing to push the unfinished mess Live :(
  18. fortuneteller Augur

inventory keeps on top, even when open a bag,
    Kialya, dreadlord, Krizem and 2 others like this.
  19. Juilan Apprentice

Great can't even post pics of your screw up...

My inventory screen is one big white box and my select bar has no buttons on it
    Lannin likes this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why the hell is the font on the Inventory still so blurry?

It was literally reported when the moment the new UI was put on the Test server nearly 2 months ago and has been repeatedly noted. And yet, nothing has been done to fix it.

This isn't going to work. Having to see blurry text like that all the time is going to give me (and probably others) a headache. Combine that with the god awful flickering everytime you open a bag and for some people, the game will become hard to play for any period of time.

Two months. The devs had 2 freaking months to do something about this crap and they ignored it.
    Emilari, dreadlord, Silvena and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.