I have ADHD and am BORED, I am unsupervised.. this is not good.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, May 17, 2023.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

no eq..
    reading a book on my kindle, playing Boggle and Solitaire on my phone, caught up on eq forum posts that I felt like I could contribute to.. still an hour+ before work shift starts..

My CC has taken a few Amazon hits too..

Hate 6 hour patch days.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

I know and I am sitting here working from home with nothing to do. At least I have a QA person who I am talking with about some issues that one of my coworkers made and I can do some real work trying to figure out what they broke.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I just tell Reg to clean house on patch days. When I regain consciousness the patch is usually done!
    MasterMagnus and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

I know there isn't a downside to this in most people's minds, but:
    I just started a job in February, coming off of disability. First full time job in almost 20 years. Feels great to be outside of the home doing something productive. A few weeks later my manager tells me that they are looking at a hybrid work schedule (home/office). I just straight up told her that if she imposes that on me, she'd be paying me to sit around and play games on my days at home. Luckily my job requires I be here at the office to do it (I am an archivist, and everything I work with is on-site) so she decided that it was best to keep me in the office 40 hours a week. But it doesn't stop me from ForumQuesting!
    Vumad, MasterMagnus, Flatchy and 2 others like this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

That's huge! A hearty congratulations to you! With the current state of the world, I'm not sure I'd even want to leave the house after 20 years!
    MasterMagnus, Flatchy and Sissruukk like this.
  6. Marton Augur

I'm probably a minority here, but I think being an archivist is a very cool job!

Also, congrats on full time employment.
    MasterMagnus and Sissruukk like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

A walk outside can be good. Just got back from mine.
    MasterMagnus likes this.