Why not just don't play on Oakwynd?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cicelee, May 15, 2023.

1. Bullsnooze Augur

They've developed an unhealthy addiction.

You can use the 5 stages of addiction as a guide:

1 - First TLP
    2 - Continued Play
    3 - It becomes a normal routine to restart (10+ TLPs over the years?) (Tolerance)
    4 - Source of income, pleasure, or whatever (Dependence)
    5 - Many signs of (Addiction)

You could give these people a single server that restarted on a biennial schedule, Free Trade, randomized loot and they still wouldn't be happy.
    Koshk likes this.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And DB might be wanting to expand the player base for this TLP beyond the 'typical' TLP player. This might be the chance these players have to play on a server from Classic with a ruleset that appeals to them. Those players might want a different sort of experience, too, than the one they can get on a Live server, but you've all but told them 'go away, TLP is only for us'.
  3. sadre Augur

But why not just not post about people who are posting they are not going to play on the server?

I run through all the options here, and we need something extraspecial.

Launch three servers. Classic, Kunark, and Velious. Segregate the contact, you have to choose which expansion zones you want to be in. Feed all levels, gear, and spells into a magical era parity generator. After three months merge the three servers in a PvP battle royal Luclin, where you can only kill members of a competing expansion and still cannot access content of competing expansions. Epics will not be done yet.

First expansion to get an emperor kill opens the world as normal, contest over, victor gets to intriduce practical ruleset change of their choice. DPG can make up a list, or simply allow the people who won suggest the new mechanic.

Add some ownership value to each tlp this way. If you don't want to do PvP you always just chill in your starting expansion until the world opens after a Luclin emp kill.

If they can do fte they can do a magical era parity generator. It does not have to be perfect. It will take a while to get the first emp kill in a pvp enabled Luclin.
  4. Lynada Journeyman

they really need to start merging all the troll threads into 1 big thread like they did with the oakwynd feedback, that way they ll be easier to ignore (just like all the valid complaints and feedback)
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  5. magikarp Elder

found your problem

we'll play on it because we love everquest and were excited for a new TLP. we'll suffer through the bugs and hope for some humor along the way, and hope it lasts more than a couple months before it crashes and burns from neglect

two years of bad TLP business decisions is bad for the company and for EQ. it's 'angering' because no one can give a satisfying explanation as to why they are implementing these unfinished systems

they said reducing KSing and training, but these changes, predictably by any player with any imagination, don't accomplish that. and the road to fixing them appears to be a very long one, with lots of casualties along the way. so what is it?

corporate pride?

sunk cost?

bad team structure with leads too far away from the product?

automating CS? it won't work

if you dont care about these things, that's completely your opinion, but to claim you don't understand is completely your problem, too. i am only making this post to attempt to share a viewpoint that may alleviate your personal issue
    Doze likes this.
  6. Critt Augur

I think you have a strangely jaded while at the same time naive view of TLP players.. The majority of players I’ve played with don’t care about krono or RMT, but the krono lords don’t care about FTE, they will still be there in the big money camps and PL’ing…FTE won’t end that.
  7. Herf Augur

I will continue to be on Agnarr. For anyone that wants a "fresh start server" you can start there and take as long as you want to lvl, although most people level rapidly to make it easier to find groups.
  8. TheRealMuramx Elder

Oakwynd is going to be a griefers paradise. I can't wait for people to get upset when they are clearing the frenzy room for hours and some guy just walks in, and and hits it when it finally spawns. So they can loot and sell. Or the fungi or... Well you get the idea. When you have a max level box crew and your not looking for exp. Now they can sit around and wait for others to do all the work. People are going to learn to lock up epic mobs and kite em around til people show up, tough luck to the group/raid that has been camping it. Or when you start seeing the "I am kiting so and so, 2kr for me to unlock it." Like the first guy for the SK 1.0 glad he spawns once a week so barely anyone will be able to kill him before the next expansion. But hey I can kite him for as long as I want so 10KR and I will /yell or zone. Just give it to my and if no one steps up then I will kill him screwing a SK out of a week.

FTE is a slap in the face, and a cop out so they can keep getting away with zero policing thier game.
  9. manglered Lorekeeper

so DPS racing is not a thing apparently ... this now allows everyone a chance to hold a high value loot npc hostage to sell for profit ... and once "everyone" thinks they have a fair shot at said npc, they wont realize that automation will still win.

is the newest iteration of the dumpster fire on test better? yes but is it what the bulk of the posting community actually wants no? the amount of tickets is only going to go up once players realize they didn't get their "fair" chance at a mob. some of us like that eq is not fair i like knowing that if i wanna win a dps race i need to play the right class ... and if i wanna tank raid mobs i need to play the right class ... FTE just almost makes the game bland ... but i guess we will see once the server launches

i said it before and still agree that DPG should be releasing this controversial server alongside one with a less controversial ruleset. all they have to do is present FTE on one and a regular TLP on another. hell that would be a great experiment to illlustrate metrics if what your player base really wants

love the ice cream and broccoli references btw
  10. Tucoh Augur

I think you are out of touch. When is the last TLP release you've played heavily on?
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  11. SnapVine Augur

if you don't want to play on oakwynd why do you care if the rules change? don't read the forums if they are causing you distress.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Comedic relief. Not distress.
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

The only ones in distress are those that were looking to restart on a Mischief-Like ruleset TLP and they feel as though they were passed over this year.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

But they weren't, Mischief is right there.
  15. Bullsnooze Augur

and it has a healthy population to boot!
  16. Moforyguy12345 Augur

That's equivalent to saying someone is hungry and wants pancakes but instead of fresh pancakes they get cold pancakes but hey pancakes are pancakes right? Pancakes...
    Vlahkmaak, Klokk and Crabman like this.
  17. Klokk Journeyman

lol right!? Ignoring the appeal of fresh start happens so much with the "go play x" thing that comes up time to time. As if all those people (from any of these instances over the year) are going to be like, oh snap! I didn't know about that server. thanks so much!
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The appeal of Fresh start would be a valid argument if it wasn't mostly coming from recyclers who would just bail on a new Mischief Clone after 3, 6, 9, 12 months etc then start crying for another.
    Koshk likes this.
  19. Klokk Journeyman

I agree, the fresh start does not appeal in the context of those people who are out for Krono or whatever, they'll play anything. It does apply to me because I'm not that person.

Things can be both true and false in different context.
  20. xxar Augur

That is part of the problem with EQ , releases are predictable making servers and characters disposable.
    Koshk likes this.