2nd server please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soulsiphon, May 12, 2023.

1. Soulsiphon Elder

DBG you could still save this year's TLP by removing the fte mechanic until it is fixed, and you could also add a 2nd server.

<Oakwynd> same ruleset absent fte

<2nd server> same ruleset as Oakwynd but with free Trade

I think running both these servers side by side and removing the fte will bring more players back to the game. This will also massively ramp up bag sales. And we can finally see how popular both traditional and free - trade are when starting simultaneously. I for one will be on Oakwynd but I do advocate for the free traders as well, they deserve another fresh TLP.

P.S. you still have time to do it announce it today and bag sales will start flowing.
    7arami, Joules_Bianchi, Iove and 2 others like this.
  2. Yogafire New Member

That actually sounds like a decent idea. Highly doubt they will do it though. DBG doesn't really listen to the community much. And I don't think 12 days is enough time to create a new server.
  3. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

They've 100% been "created" in less.
  4. Zansobar Augur

No way would it be hard. It would be the same server as Oakwynd but using FV server's DB for loot.

But yes they won't do it as they just never listen to their player base on any big issue, instead they come up with their own implementations that no one asked for and then double and triple down when it starts failing.
    Yogafire likes this.
  5. Nazurath New Member

Free Trade is so popular no one would play on the other server
  6. Haldi Elder

Not true. But more will play on free Trade. I think both servers would be healthy, while still leaving Mischief and Yelinak medium pop
  7. code-zero Augur

If Thornblade was routinely high population as well some of the call for another free trade+random loot server might be reasonable but it's not so it isn't
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Faytal New Member

Umm Thornblade is at the same expansion as Mischief, what you are saying makes no sense. We are talking classic start here, so please go away with your nonsense.
    Crabman and Moforyguy12345 like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nahh, just wait til next year, only way is up tbh.
  10. manglered Lorekeeper

how free trade crept in here is just silly ... its simple .... offer oakwynd with FTE and (second oakwynd) without ...
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

We have 2 types of Recylers.

1. the regular recyclers
    2. new & improved Free-Trade recyclers*

*These people will not stick around on any new Mischief-clone, they will bail out after 3, 6, 9, 12 months or so & then start demanding yet another Mischief clone.

As relentless as the Borg.

The expansion each are at is purely a function of their launch date.

How do the populations compare is the point you failed to grasp.
    Joules_Bianchi and code-zero like this.
  12. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Maybe because the OP mentions it in his post. Do you people even read lol, or just see " Free Trade" and get triggered? It baffles me.
  13. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Totally agree. Mischief gave those recyclers a taste of heaven now they are addicted lol.
  14. manglered Lorekeeper

i read the title just fine ... the fact of the matter is and to put it blunt ... after FV it took 10+ yrs or another free trade server maybe it wont take another 10 ... but free trade is off the menu this year and as someone who wants to come back to a tlp after 2 years away id rather not come back to the dumpster fire of FTE ...
    dpg is trying to force feed its community a half digested pile of sh*t so anywhere i can voice that opinion i will do so ... free trade is awesome dont get me wrong ... but if the "intellectuals" at dpg do anything to try and keep customers perhaps they shuold at least ofer an fte and a NON fte option this year.. if you want free trade there are already three options
  15. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Glad you are not in charge of the decision making, DBG would never make any money.
  16. Haldi Elder

I hope all we get this year is a TLP with FTE just because I am tired of people always complaining about the people who want free trade. You hardly ever see the pro free traders complain about non free trade. So you get a taste of your own medicine this year.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rubbish, seems to me like every one of them not currently enjoying FV or Mischief is complaining that this year's TLP server isn't, just like they did last year.
  18. Sandrito Elder

No thanks. Having been on both Lockjaw and Thornblade. Suck it up for a few weeks and enjoy finding groups easier post classic.
  19. Appren Gnomercy

As a free trade complainer (or fan!), I am glad this years server isnt free trade, then less of my Mischief buddies are likely to leave. The recyclers that are afraid of doing content beyond their "golden days" of gaming are gone by now anyway.
    Chanaluss likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mischief is popular enough there will be folks who will continue to play because there is no TLP alternative, some of course already left and they would repeat their leaving on any future Mischief clone and probably do so at the same point in the server timeline. Put that alternative out there & numbers on Mischief are almost certain to be affected.

If players like Mischief (or any other server) rules enough they can play on it until it closes/merges with a live server.
    The more successful any individual server ruleset is over time the greater the incentive there is to repeat it, the folks who abandon it early but claim they want another have played their part in damaging the chances of another one happening, though in their eyes they will never see it that way.
    They should ask themselves which server is a business more likely to repeat?
    A. A TLP that has less than 25% of its starting population after a year?
    or
    B. A TLP that still has 50% of it's starting population after a year?
    The specific numbers in this example don't matter, the most successful server rulesets will have the metrics that will lead to it being repeated, ergo recyclers who bail on a TLP server that has a ruleset they like reduce the likeliehood of it being repeated, the more recyclers there are, the worse it gets.

If players really like a ruleset & want it repeated they should keep supporting it by playing on the server until a new one is launched that is the same or similar rather than bailing early then whining they want more, just so they can again abandon it early.
    Devs have shown little to no interest in a seasonal server, which is what recyclers really want, and that's because they don't all leave at the same point, there is in reality no point at which most EQ TLP numbers fall off a cliff which the devs could use as a seasonal TLP cut-off point, the decline on most is fairly steady over time. For example, IF TLP numbers always halved overnight once PoP is done we would probably already have a seasonal server cycling classic to PoP for the die-hard recyclers.
    Chanaluss likes this.