An open letter to the Darkpaw Developers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elnan, May 12, 2023.

1. Tofu82 New Member

There is a lot of chat in discord of worries about this.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  2. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

DPG please drop this FTE nonsense. No one wants this! Okay, maybe a few dozen people MIGHT want it, but seriously... How can you be so tone deaf? How can you continue to ignore everything being pointed out time and time again? It's really mind blowing at this point.
    Klokk, KobalWR, Doze and 1 other person like this.
  3. xxar Augur

No one outside the EQ community even gives a Sh.t about this game , I have friends that found out that I play Eq and have said .. I didn't even know this game was still around.

This game has not been on anyone's radar outside this niche community in over 10 + years, let alone it even been considered competitive or even worthy of pro player's opinion.

I highly doubt the 100 players , a youtube blogger might have as view's for there specific video will even matter in anyone's opinion.
    Zeratuul likes this.
  4. Thewiz Augur

I prefer a Haiku:

FTE, the dread.
    It goes live? EQ will die.
    Then we will miss Smed.
    Zeratuul and jeskola like this.
  5. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

Overall, I tend to agree, but...

This video is 2 days old, with over 2500 views already.

Zeratuul, jeskola and Doze like this.
  6. Elemental Augur

Thank goodness Darkpaw is finally introducing this to the game. Maybe all the bums who make a living off TLP's by ksing people non stop with their 6-24 boxes will learn a lesson and get a real job.
  7. Zansobar Augur

In the world of Norrath, it's said,
    Dark Paw Games made a choice they'd dread,
    They added FTE,
    But didn't foresee,
    Bankruptcy would soon be ahead.
    jeskola likes this.
  8. Xhartor Augur

LIAR!
  9. Cicelee Augur

Not sure what is more amusing- FTE on Test server, or anti FTE posts/threads on TLP forums.

I am going to go with the posts/threads. FTE could be fixed and made better and eventually working as intended.

PS- thanks for creating this Friday after everyone left the office for the weekend so that we can enjoy the hilarity for a couple days.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

Sure, FTE could be fixed. Given the amount of issues and the short amount of test time left until launch, that's pretty optimistic and a whole other set of issues and concerns.

That really doesn't address that vast majority of feedback stating that even if it is fixed and working as "intended", it is not "fun" and will create more issues than it purports to solve.
    Klokk, ForumBoss and Doze like this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You complain about EQ’s lack of content and resources, but here’s where it gets wasted on stuff like this.
    Doze likes this.
  12. Nozraku Lorekeeper

I debated even wading into this argument but....

First, I stand behind the original sentiment of the letter. I do not want a broken system and some of the things I've seen on Test are game breaking. However, I actually like the idea of FTE and if properly implemented, it might freshen up some stale gameplay.

And of course I support DPG. Duh. I give them money to provide me with entertainment. Of course I want them to be successful. All I'm asking is that the product not be broken on release.

I would, however, like to distance myself from the above drama. The histrionics are just ridiculous. The most ubiquitous thing EQ needs less of is drama. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm here to have fun and relieve some of the stress of the real world.

Aonin <Pixel Therapy>
    Zeratuul and Rijacki like this.
  13. Moforyguy12345 Augur

They should make Oakwynd a Free to play server TLP since we are game testing for them. We shouldn't pay 15 a month or a krono to play test a TLP.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Server X has 1200 players who are polite, respectful, and just want to play EQ without issue or problems. That same server also has 800 players who will train others, not respect camps and other players, will circumvent the rules and gameplay to their advantage, all in the name of selling Kronos.

Server Y comes out with a ruleset that makes 1200 players happy, and 800 angry. Those 800 players flood the forums with complaints and arguments and whining, they repeat themselves ad nauseum to create a 10k reply thread, and are passionately vocal about their displeasure. That doesn't change the fact that 1200 players are happy.

This is what the 800 forget. They are so engrossed with their own selfishness and angry they cannot get Kronos that they will throw tantrums like a six year old until the parent eventually gives in and gives the child what they want.

I, for one, am happy that in this scenario the parent (devs) are standing by their guns and want to make 1200 happy and are ignoring 800. The goal should be to fix FTE to make it work the way it should, and I hope the parents never give in to the tantrums.
    Zeratuul and Rijacki like this.
  15. Go Take A Nap Augur

tldr; I made up some numbers and I support FTE because i think it will address issues with the game eventually.

This doesnt mean its implementation is correct, which is what most people are having trouble with. Including those that originally supported FTE.
    Klokk, Jakken and Doze like this.
  16. Kayin New Member

You pulled these numbers and even these ratios straight out of your bum. But hey since they support your FTE whiteknighting, I guess it's okay?
    Klokk and Doze like this.
  17. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

I think you are making a TON of false assumptions here.
    Klokk, Xhartor and Doze like this.
  18. Dmitry Elder

It's just a once a year server. They should probably not make it crappy.
  19. Zansobar Augur

Too late...
  20. Captain Video Augur

I never said anything about competition or pro players. I said pro journalists. Here's an article from just a few weeks ago where even Agnarr gets a mention:

Casually Classic: Eight legacy MMOs to satisfy that old school craving | Massively Overpowered (massivelyop.com)

Unfortunately, some people in this forum can't read.
  21. Zeratuul New Member

Close this thread, this post sums it up 100%!!!