An open letter to the Darkpaw Developers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elnan, May 12, 2023.

1. Elnan New Member

Dear Darkpaw Games,

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    [The Undersigned Guild Leaders]
    Mayor <Atlantica Rising>
    Trance <Dargons>
    Fame <Golden Roosters>
    Aonin <Pixel Therapy>
    Serani <Arat-Erar>
    BaleroPrime <Chaos Reorganized>
    Elnan <The Iron Will>
    xIHOVAx <Band of the Red Hand>
    Maneuever <When Nature Calls>
  2. manglered Lorekeeper

being a member of one of the undersigned, i support this 110% all debate aside. if it doesnt work dont use it ...
    Gio1999 likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

expect this to be ignored
    Gio1999, Gheed and Dailor like this.
  4. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Will be ignored for lack of verification.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

New member who's name doesn't even match one of the 8 "signatories" makes it pretty easy for them to dismiss.
  6. Koniku Elder

I am also a leader of a guild that doesnt exist
    Roxas MM and Gheed like this.
  7. Elnan New Member

It was written in discord and we used my name in discord. I didnt connect the two til you did. Thank you.
  8. Koniku Elder

Dear Developers,
    I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment in the inclusion of FTE (First Time Experience) in the game. As a player, I feel that the FTE system is unnecessary and detracts from my overall gaming experience. I implore you to remove this feature from the game as soon as possible, as it has become a major annoyance for me and many other players.
    The FTE system feels like a pointless addition to the game, and it only serves to slow down my progress and make me feel like I am wasting my time. It's frustrating to have to go through the same process every time I start a new game or create a new character. It feels like unnecessary busywork that takes me away from the actual gameplay.
    Furthermore, the FTE system doesn't even offer anything meaningful in return for the time it takes to complete. The rewards are lackluster and hardly worth the effort. It feels like an unbalanced feature that is more of a burden than a benefit, and it's disappointing to see it included in the game when there are so many other features that could be added that would actually enhance the player experience.
    In conclusion, I strongly urge you to remove the FTE system from the game. It is a frustrating and unnecessary feature that only serves to waste players' time. I believe that by removing it, you will improve the overall game experience for everyone and make the game more enjoyable for players like me.
    Sincerely,
    [The Undersigned Guild Leaders]
    Mayor <Atlantica Rising>
    Trance <Dargons>
    Fame <Golden Roosters>
    Aonin <Pixel Therapy>
    Serani <Arat-Erar>
    BaleroPrime <Chaos Reorganized>
    Elnan <The Iron Will>
    xIHOVAx <Band of the Red Hand>
    Maneuver <When Nature Calls>
    Gio1999 likes this.
  9. Lawyer Augur

Here's what ChatGPT wrote up to memorialize this:

With a tweak to the EQ's core,
    The devs stirred up quite a roar.
    They scoffed at our dread,
    "Just GPT," they said,
    But soon they'll not laugh anymore.

As the players start to depart,
    The devs may soon have a change of heart.
    Their jests will fall flat,
    As they look at the stat,
    Of a game that they tore apart.

... (I'll note that is pretty rough, but it is just a machine.)
    TLP Addict likes this.
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

You boys are taking yourselves way too seriously.

Also, those guild names need some work.

Roxas MM likes this.
  11. Tranced Lorekeeper

Hey man, don't lump me in! Check out our super serious guild logo:

[IMG]

I also think that one guy's guild is a pee joke so, there's that...
    Doranur_Aleguzzler and Thewiz like this.
  12. KronoCatcher Journeyman

FTE is garbage even if its working as intended. Go play EQ2 with the locking system.
    ForumBoss and Gio1999 like this.
  13. coltongrundy Augur

Explain how it can have the potential to greatly enhance the gameplay experience.

Anyone who would cry about losing a DPS race is still going to cry when they lose a TTE race.
    Klokk and ForumBoss like this.
  14. Vicus Augur

Multiple guilds broke down in detail minor fixes that could make Vaniki playable as a server. In discord and on the forums. Heck the major batphone guild on the server (still second place thou) had an actual dev playing in the guild, and they still did nothing.

Oakwyn has no chance of things being addressed. All prepwork is done prior to server launch and then they move onto the next thing.
  15. jeskola pheerie

16. Zeratuul New Member

News flash, the gaming press is no longer. E3 is dead, Game Publishers are hosting their own event streams and gaming websites are getting knocked down like Dominos. They're too busy trying to stay above water to worry about EverQuest hahahahah

https://www.pcmag.com/opinions/video-games-need-video-game-journalism
  17. TLP Addict Augur

18. Captain Video Augur

News flash: MMORPG.com, Massively, Rock/Paper/Shotgun, Kotaku and several others are going along just fine. PCMag is the dregs when it comes to gaming journalism. All they want to do is tell you which mouse to use (based on whoever is buying ad space that month). And E3 is dead only because studios now believe streaming is more cost-effective than a booth at a trade show. Youtube bloggers will be enough to bring this FTE nonsense crashing down.
  19. Zeratuul New Member

News Flash: MMORPG.com, Massively, Rock/Paper/Scissors, Kotaku are next to go!
  20. TLP Addict Augur

Oh wait you weren't joking and seriously think this is going be some kind of scandal?

[IMG]
    Zrender and SoandsoForumUser like this.