Next expansion ores should be....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MachoSod, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Maybe some of you raid folks should use your divine influence with the devs in the next expansion and get this system installed at the group level, because giving raiders the path to just buy what you need while group players live and die at the mercy of the RNG is some serious epic level BS.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Just make the items cost the same amount of lockout time; if a raider gets 20 currency a week from a raid with a 144 hour lockout, give 5/6th, generously round up to 1, currency per 6 hour lockout mission so the group play can buy a group GP after 500 group missions.
  3. Windance Augur

Most of the best in slot raid items range from 420-480 coins ( I think ) so calling it 460 average just for some ball park numbers.

Month 1-3 = 1 raid = 10 coins = 46 raids.
    Month 4-6 = 1 raid = 20 coins = 23 raids.
    Month 7-9 = 1 raid = 30 coins = 15 raids
    Month 10+ = 1 raid = 40 coins = 12 raids.

I don't remember the group coin values but I think its roughly 10-12 missions gives you enough coin to buy one type 5 augment.

I think the best in slot from the group vendor should take roughly the same number of "missions" as the raids. Maybe in the ~20 missions mark.

I would also say they should offer some group coin for foing the partisan and mercenary quests to make them a viable alternative to doing the same 4x missions x 500 times.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Anyone too cheap as to not being willing to pay for the item, doesn't deserve it.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

My comment was more along the lines that the unwanted tradeskill drops could be sold back for currency and I wasn't commenting on how a guild/raid group handled that loot. It is more of an issue if the items end up rotting rather then if some don't want to purchase it.
  6. Sabby New Member

Adding them to vendor would be great, and possibly doing like Augs can loot them and sell to vendor for coin
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Go back to the ore system from CoV. Cut drop rate in half.

Done.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounds like that would just be worse then what we have now.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Sounds like you are playing a different game than I am.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I can't complain about the ore system this expansion. It has been better than ToL for gearing up. Both my main and my alt have way more ore slots this expansion than last expansion so far. There is more ore gear. And if something might rot (cloaks?) you can sell them for coins.

Personally, I'm a fan.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I know my guild has seen more overall drops and are progressing faster overall with the new system then we did with the old one. With the added ability to sell back the ores you can even deal with rot when that start happening.
    alanus likes this.
  12. alanus Augur

For raids it's fine, since the items are cheaper from the vendor and drop rate averages to about the same, but for groupers it stinks.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I heard it also depends on which missions you can do and if you can do the correct ones they come at a decent pace.
  14. alanus Augur

I ran tons of missions this expansion and saw very few drops other than the aug ones. I think if they put the t3 groupable on the group vendor for the same currency as the equivalent raid slot, it'd work. I raid, but I have heard complaints from friends who do only group content
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I understand one of the missions drops each of the types and you need to make sure you are running the correct one.
  16. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Bridge drops only visible pieces (somewhere between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3 chests).

Door drops only non-vis pieces. I had a 100% otherworldly drop rate from there in as many runs as it took to get 6 chase cloaks, and a whopping 0 of them got looted because half of them were cloaks (why?!), and of the rest, all but 2 were belts.

Spirit Fades drops weapon bits .

Mean streets has 5/7 augments.

The system is by far the worst of any ore system theyve used for group content. I get more value from doing Griklor or Fighting Fire every lockout than I do any NoS mission that isnt mean streets (and thats my least favorite to do by far)
    alanus and Velisaris_MS like this.
  17. strongbus Augur

I kinda like how it was in TBM for both group and raid have the 1st level of gear that is dropped by names/chest. have the 2nd level just be augs(both player made and dropped if they want) so people can make the stats on their gear the way they want it.
    Jennre likes this.