Why People Will Still Play on Oakwynd

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GRACUS, May 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I just raid and get it all in the course of enjoying gameplay.

To each their own, I don't poo poo the economy and trade game, I just can't imagine doing something specifically for krono. Just not worth the time to me.
    Skuz and Doze like this.
  2. MMOer Augur

I went hard a few TLPs ago with farming and boxes. Just to do it. It was kind of fun but got old really fast. Now I just keep enough Krono around that I can spend a few and then make a few back.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Gheed Is not reading your response

Dude, you might be a genius.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. magikarp Elder

i suggest grinding krono irl this year
    wade_watts and Skuz like this.
  5. coltongrundy Augur

How?
  6. KronoCatcher Journeyman

I bet you didn't even bother ppl as you were doing this. Very rare occasions I would run into a PL group that would cause any type of situation.

I personally like these services because I have plenty of money but less time. If I can snag a few more levels or AAs a little faster so I can get to raiding faster, I am all for it.
  7. Kraked Augur

8. Ishbu Augur

I love how many people in this thread think the OP is wrong, and have no idea just how many people from other servers, especially other more advanced TLPs use each years classic era TLP to build up their krono reserves.

This shouldnt be news. Daybreak can make any horrible ruleset they want, the sheep will flock to a classic start server. Where there are sheep, there is krono to be made, and its never easier than in classic at the start.

This is not to say everyone who wants to play on the new server is a sheep, but take a look around when you create your character, you will know what I mean.
    Jontrann likes this.
  9. Ruhi Augur

you dont farm, but you make 30-70 kr per month - roflmao - ok farmer johnson
  10. Kraked Augur

I do not farm, I PL.
    FYI : That number is relatively low compared to a few people, who actually "Farm" content like efreeti for the first few weeks of a TLP.
  11. KronoCatcher Journeyman

That is one good reason for the random loot. Those hot camps which are hard to get in the first few expansions.
  12. Ruhi Augur

pl'ing people is farming - the important drops are just from pcs instead of npcs
  13. Kraked Augur

So people sitting in CL selling JC are farming?
    Hmmm, interesting logic.
  14. Koniku Elder

Doing the same thing over and over again to gain a specific thing is farming, yes.
    sadre and Ruhi like this.
  15. Koshk Augur

Restarters gonna keep restarting.
    Laronk likes this.
  16. Templora New Member

obvious you haven't played test as it doesn't work that way either, mobs aren't locked only the rare is locked - so same thing as before except the rare mob is locked and cant be KSed. if the puller loses agro or FD's then its up for grabs a few secs later, which doesnt allow the reset of FD enough time - so its not really that bad
  17. jeskola pheerie

FTE still broken after first round of fixes and now broken UI goes live. DBG shows no signs of rolling anything back, so unless you are way into beta-testing, you may want to consider waiting until Kunark to play on Oakwynd, or skipping it altogether.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Khanfu Elder

This thread is all you need to find out what the root problem with EQ nowadays is....

If there isn't a second option this year I can honestly say I wont be on oakwynd.
    Maybe I will be surprised but I doubt it. I'm sure DBG has reservations about releasing anything beside this for fear of oakwynd's population suffering.
  19. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Server looks great to me.
  20. sadre Augur

They just need to get this through the early handful of expansions or so. The krono farmers will not abandon a fresh tlp out of abstract principle. If the genpop gets irked who cares. This is all about actually killing off the ruleset of what is left of the original game. The thrill of that. The rush.

EQ 8mm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.